Hearthstone

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It cracks me up to hear people act shocked that Blizzard can't design expansions. After 3 straight years of the worst balancing in CCGs, it should be as automatic as the sun rising. Game has been an utter shit-show since the first Caverns Below fuckup.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It cracks me up to hear people act shocked that Blizzard can't design expansions. After 3 straight years of the worst balancing in CCGs, it should be as automatic as the sun rising. Game has been an utter shit-show since the first Caverns Below fuckup.

This is almost too shitty to be an accident. While you're always supposed to just assume incompetence, especially when it comes to Blizzard, there is a real trend in F2P games to release something in an OP state to get everyone to buy into it and then nerf it a while later, and it's not ridiculous to suspect that the Hearthstone team has decided to try and emulate that pattern of behavior. If it's an accident, holy shit, this is by far the worst gaming experience I've ever had in Hearthstone. I missed all of 2018 and most of 2019, so I don't know how bad Genn/Baku had to be to get them HoFed out a year early, but I'd rather play with unnerfed undertakers or warsong commanders than the current state of Demon Hunter.

hsladder.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So the 2 packs you get from the expansion quest produced Lady Vashj

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seem to be climbing still with zoo. Everything dh has seems strong, it would be like if another class had access to their best cards from each set.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
there is a real trend in F2P games to release something in an OP state to get everyone to buy into it and then nerf it a while later

Bro.

gamesw.png

Pushing a new product by making it just better is something you can spot all over the goddamn place and going a long way back. The majority of Dungeons and Dragons people I know only play and run what are basically core only campaigns because they've seen shit consistently fly off the rails for decades and can't be bothered to deal with it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a difference between splatbook powercreep in Dungeons and Dragons and the specific trend I was talking about. Riot is infamous for doing it with new heroes in League of Legend.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is almost too shitty to be an accident. While you're always supposed to just assume incompetence, especially when it comes to Blizzard, there is a real trend in F2P games to release something in an OP state to get everyone to buy into it and then nerf it a while later, and it's not ridiculous to suspect that the Hearthstone team has decided to try and emulate that pattern of behavior. If it's an accident, holy shit, this is by far the worst gaming experience I've ever had in Hearthstone. I missed all of 2018 and most of 2019, so I don't know how bad Genn/Baku had to be to get them HoFed out a year early, but I'd rather play with unnerfed undertakers or warsong commanders than the current state of Demon Hunter.

View attachment 260375

IMO genn baku weren't that bad but their existence meant that everyone was running odds or evens decks so it seriously limited design space.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's a difference between splatbook powercreep in Dungeons and Dragons and the specific trend I was talking about. Riot is infamous for doing it with new heroes in League of Legend.

I can post the Games Workshop logo again. They're damn near famous for having the new team/clan/army being total bananas in relation to a base product.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am done until they nerf some shit.

Demon Hunter has crazy amounts of board clear and free face damage, card draw AND lifesteal. It's completely retarded. It's like all the worst aspects of rogue amplified by all the shit they nerfed over the years for being too strong.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The xpac got overshadowed with Valorant beta but I checked out Firebat and the new hero seems pretty ridiculous. I'm actually surprised so many here are still buying packs, last time I checked in, it seemed like we had 2 people still playing this game.

Hey, that's just not true. Riot's champions never ever get above a 52-53% win rate AT BEST on release, and often they are < 50%. Also, all the shitty champions tend to be forgotten really quickly.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Meh. It's like the only ultra casual game outside of Oxygen Not Included I play at all. Not hard to accumulate gold and play a few games each morning.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pharosis(sp?) warlock is the only deck worth playing
Deck list? I wanted to play zoo so I could reach d5, but I am interested in playing some control warlock after.

I also like that the portrait for rank d7 is dr 7 himself.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty fucked up you can't do anything to dormant minions. There needs to be a safety valve on them or some way to destroy them. Otherwise it's just a derp here's a 10/5 on turn 5 that will do 10 dmg to your face on turn 7 if you can't keep shit on the board while I am also killing you still.

I mean.. why. There's no real risk or downside to dropping them whenever you can.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's pretty fucked up you can't do anything to dormant minions. There needs to be a safety valve on them or some way to destroy them. Otherwise it's just a derp here's a 10/5 on turn 5 that will do 10 dmg to your face on turn 7 if you can't keep shit on the board while I am also killing you still.

I mean.. why. There's no real risk or downside to dropping them whenever you can.
Well the risk is you are essentially doing nothing turn 5. With how tempo driven this game is such plays are a big factor in the outcome.

I'd say the biggest problem with today's hearthstone is the number of 0 cost cards that can be generated/played. Banking 5 mana for a later turn is balanced, getting 10-20 absolutely "free" mana from zero cost cards is not.