Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think the rewards are mostly fine, but I don't like the ladder experience. It's not actually a ladder you are climbing if you aren't playing people based on rank. I think if the system was the same but you played people your rank I'd find it better, but if you're just playing people based on MMR what the fuck is the point of a reset

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This game is so fucking dumb.

dumbassgame.jpg

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the rewards are mostly fine, but I don't like the ladder experience. It's not actually a ladder you are climbing if you aren't playing people based on rank. I think if the system was the same but you played people your rank I'd find it better, but if you're just playing people based on MMR what the fuck is the point of a reset

I'm too stupid to understand what you are saying. Can you dumb this down for me? (serious) I made it to gold 5 or so last month, no real desire to go any higher. It reset me back to bronze something.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It doesn't seem to strictly be MMR though, or else MMR resets every month too, because I always winstreak most of the way to platinum.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

When playing with a Star Bonus you’ll be matched by your matchmaking rating (MMR), meaning you’ll be matched even more precisely with players of your similar skill level when climbing!

Im not sure if 'Star Bonus' also includes win streaks as well.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
There has been some super hilarious games on GM today. Game 5 RDU vs Casie (Highlander Mage mirror), Game 3 Bozzton vs Viper (Galakrond Priest vs Rogue). Lots of moments in various other games.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I missed a bunch of the matches yesterday, gonna try and watch some today.

in other news, fuuuuuuck priest, stole a risky skipper, tossed on some lifesteal and went from 6 health to full.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Priest is probably the least fun it's ever been. Galakrond priest is basically a fatigue deck without any real win conditions and Rez priest is a giant RNG fiesta.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well I did mean both to play and to play against.
Rez priest is still gay as fuck, but the meta is pushing it out of relevance, so good riddance. Galakrond priest can't win as a tempo deck? I'm not too familiar with it but I thought it was similar to Galakrond Rogue just not as good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rez priest is still gay as fuck, but the meta is pushing it out of relevance, so good riddance. Galakrond priest can't win as a tempo deck? I'm not too familiar with it but I thought it was similar to Galakrond Rogue just not as good.

It's not a tempo deck at all, it's a control deck with almost no capacity to play the aggressor. Rogue invokes lackeys, which is a much smaller and predictable rng pool than 'every priest minion in standard', and is generally fairly creature dense, and also has burn spells that can go face.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's not a tempo deck at all, it's a control deck with almost no capacity to play the aggressor. Rogue invokes lackeys, which is a much smaller and predictable rng pool than 'every priest minion in standard', and is generally fairly creature dense, and also has burn spells that can go face.
What would you change? This sounds like what you should expect from a control deck.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I could use some tips playing Enrage Warrior. Or I guess just plain Warrior. I had this problem during DoD(Galakrond Warrior) as well where I would just have a bunch of low tempo comboish pieces sitting in my hand but not actually feeling like I have anything play.

Is it ok to drop Korkron Elite for just 4 to the face?
What do you do with Risky Skipper, Bomb Wrangler, Bloodsworn Mercenary, and Inner Rage when you don't have the full combo for them?
Is dropping Warmaul Challenger to an opponent's empty board ok?

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
no hands gamer’s guide is probably a good place to start for enrage warrior

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Somewhat related, has anyone played quest warrior? Kibler's list seems much more tempo oriented and it has a great WR. But I can't tell if that's Kibler or the deck because it seems almost no one is playing it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I played kibler's for awhile when he first played it. if I'm remembering correctly, he was playing it inbetween the demon hunter nerfs and the meta was all over the place. Once it did settle its winrate didn't seem very good anymore.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
More changes seemingly out of nowhere:

Not saying these aren't good, at least from an intention standpoint, just didn't think it was needed honestly. Maybe I'm used to a HS meta where some classes are basically left out. The meta was still shifting to counter aggro DH and best deck was one that takes a lot of skill.

• 1Like