Hearthstone

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm like 4 wins from Legend and I've gone up and down a lot...

I only get salty when I lose to bullshit card generation that gives my opponent the perfect card for the situation. One that isn't even in their deck at all. I really hate that shit. It's fun to me to play around what I know is in someone's deck and think like. If I play X he will use Y if he has it then I can play Z safely because he used his X removal card preemptively. I also like when my opponent anticipates that and recognizes what I am doing.

I don't have enough cards to perfectly net deck most things so I built enrage warrior with a few other shits in it. Like Boompistol Bully. Which has indeed won me quite a few games.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
But now you're the weirdo that's playing a non-optimal deck that the opponent should not be reasonably expected to play around and thus cost him some progress.

I like that cat and mouse game too, feels like it doesn't happen often enough though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what you mean? The prevalence of people all playing the same, "optimal" deck due to ease and efficiency doesn't really mean anything to me. I'll play what I like.

Fuck res priest though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Should your opponents be expected to play around the Boompistol Bully in your deck? I was making a point about losing to unexpected cards is similar to losing to randomly generated cards.

I'm not at all saying you shouldn't play what you like.

And fuck priest.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Should your opponents be expected to play around the Boompistol Bully in your deck? I was making a point about losing to unexpected cards is similar to losing to randomly generated cards.

I'm not at all saying you shouldn't play what you like.

And fuck priest.

I don't mind the off deck with weird cards in it. It's just playing shit into card discovery constantly that can just straight up win you games that pisses me off. Zephrys is whatever but stuff like Rogue playing Pharaoh cat into that Druid reborn taunt guardian mofo just makes me rage.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Cross class card generation was a mistake.

Most definitely.

IMO good card generation is like this.

1. Sky Pirate generates random pirate. While RNG you generally can know what pirates exist and what would be ideal. IE, plays 1 drop into a 2 drop smth like that. Can occasionally provide more value like making a Captain Greenskin, Dread Corsair, etc.
2. Murloc can generate other murlocs.
3. Discover limited to your classes minions and spells. This at least gives you some idea what it might provide and can also have the downside of generating something that just doesnt work with your deck at all. Evocation is what I consider a decent one.

This clown fiesta shit we have today with Mage is just tiring.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't dislike the rogue abilities to get cross class stuff as much as I do with priest, especially when they tell you that's how they see rogues design philosophy. Yet, priests do it 1000% better with healing.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Twice I have been within a cunts hair of 8k in BG today. And twice I have got dicked down by stupid shit back to more than 100 points away. Fucking eat shit and die cunt game. That is all.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay I am done fucking playing for a while.

75% of games being decided by complete horseshit high rolls that you can do nothing about except hope they don't highroll into something ideal makes me too salty.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Remember the days when people were upset about Ragnaros rng deciding games? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not a whoosh, I was agreeing with your comment with how much the game has "progressed" in terms of both power creep and RNG.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Im switching to all highlander decks for awhile. Hunter, Mage, Rogue and surprisingly Demon Hunter so far.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda crazy how pure paladin has made a rise towards the top of the meta from this past update.