Hearthstone

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Game 4 of Eddie vs Lnguagehackr was awesome. Definitely worth queuing it up just to watch, was quite the battle.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
just lost to some faggot rogue because blackjack stunner can target your own minions. For all that people bitch and moan incessantly about how it isn't fun to play against priests, rogues have consistently been a fucking cancer whenever they've been viable throughout the history of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
just lost to some faggot rogue because blackjack stunner can target your own minions. For all that people bitch and moan incessantly about how it isn't fun to play against priests, rogues have consistently been a fucking cancer whenever they've been viable throughout the history of the game.

Res priest is just boring aids. Rogue and Mage i are just fucking stupid clowncar highroll faggotry.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just beat a double scheme rogue by flikking his first scheme (his first one was veilweaver which probably would have buried me in free value) and then lethaling him with the weapon from his own galakrond right after he did a 6 copy scheme on kronx. fuck all rogues!!!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What do you use as a reference point to know that? Surely one person, or even one streamer, can't be enough of a sample size.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gave this one more try tonight. Aggro DH and Highlander Hunter. It's really easy to craft any deck when you have 82k dust. Ended up downranking to D5.

I think I identified what I like about this game:
  • It's something I can talk with my brother occasionally and even play less often(our schedules don't line up often).
  • It's very amenable to youtube/netflix/whatever on the second monitor. This is bigger than I expected it to be.
  • There is ton of secondary content. Youtube, meta discussion, deck trackers, stats, etc.
Notice how none of that is the actual game itself! I like collecting cards for collecting's sake. But from an actual progression standpoint, trying out new and powerful strategies and decks, not really. Especially with the dupe protection system, having a reasonable collection is not that expensive anymore.

Things I don't like:
  • RNG clown fiesta.
  • Never feeling like I have enough to play time to tech, so secondary content becomes almost required at a certain point.
  • Playing for hours but not making any progression.
All that aside, the thing that really bothers me is that I can't seem to improve my reaction to "bullshit". Like, I realize I get salty, I know what triggers me, and yet I can't seem to ever get any better at handling that. Has anyone been able to get over that hump, where they handle the RNG in stride?

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Goosfrabra .... Goosfraba ....

The best thing about Vicious Syndicate is they have the best thought out data reports and decks in my experience. So waiting for a report just after a patch I always get antsy for them to release it. They ended up publishing the latest report a couple hours after my post, lol.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gave this one more try tonight. Aggro DH and Highlander Hunter. It's really easy to craft any deck when you have 82k dust. Ended up downranking to D5.

I think I identified what I like about this game:
  • It's something I can talk with my brother occasionally and even play less often(our schedules don't line up often).
  • It's very amenable to youtube/netflix/whatever on the second monitor. This is bigger than I expected it to be.
  • There is ton of secondary content. Youtube, meta discussion, deck trackers, stats, etc.
Notice how none of that is the actual game itself! I like collecting cards for collecting's sake. But from an actual progression standpoint, trying out new and powerful strategies and decks, not really. Especially with the dupe protection system, having a reasonable collection is not that expensive anymore.

Things I don't like:
  • RNG clown fiesta.
  • Never feeling like I have enough to play time to tech, so secondary content becomes almost required at a certain point.
  • Playing for hours but not making any progression.
All that aside, the thing that really bothers me is that I can't seem to improve my reaction to "bullshit". Like, I realize I get salty, I know what triggers me, and yet I can't seem to ever get any better at handling that. Has anyone been able to get over that hump, where they handle the RNG in stride?
The easiest way to to look at “bullshit” is some decks have clown fiesta high roll potential. Getting high rolled happens, no different from your opponent top decking the perfect card or having a perfect curve.

You can’t control that, so all you can do is look and say “was there anything I could have done differently to close them out before the clown fiesta arrived?”

There really isn’t any meaningful progression in hearthstone anyway unless you are going for high legend. The difference between d5 and legend is about 40 dust per month. I just play meme decks at legend and am playing mostly diamond players.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Last minute legend in standard with pirate warrior. My list probably was not optimal but matches were quick enough that I really didn't care to tune it. 24-15.

###MetaStats - Pirate Warrior #1085
AAECAQcCyAPerQMOHKgF1AWkBu4G5wfvB/WoA9ytA92tA+iwA+mwA7y5A8C5AwA=

Take a break if the salt/anger is tilting you, which it clearly must be if you fell to the D5 floor with highlander hunter.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Last minute legend in standard with pirate warrior. My list probably was not optimal but matches were quick enough that I really didn't care to tune it. 24-15.

###MetaStats - Pirate Warrior #1085
AAECAQcCyAPerQMOHKgF1AWkBu4G5wfvB/WoA9ytA92tA+iwA+mwA7y5A8C5AwA=

Take a break if the salt/anger is tilting you, which it clearly must be if you fell to the D5 floor with highlander hunter.
I've never played with the Highlander archetype, there was definitely some in experience going on.

I understand your point about taking a break. I feel like if it gets to that point, I'm reacting poorly. It's a game, I shouldn't stop playing it because I'm pissed off, that feels fundamentally wrong.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've never played with the Highlander archetype, there was definitely some in experience going on.

I understand your point about taking a break. I feel like if it gets to that point, I'm reacting poorly. It's a game, I shouldn't stop playing it because I'm pissed off, that feels fundamentally wrong.

I mean I raged several times even though I went 24-15 on a relatively quick climb to legend. You don't want to know how pissed off I would get trying to play priest. Me playing HS is probably even a worse an idea than you playing it.

• 1Solidarity

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the absolute fuck?

136E7D94-BD6A-4722-BEFD-968A8C536A51.png

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
That Vicious Syndicate Warrior control deck is ridiculous. You naturally clown on all aggro and Wrenchcalibur beats Mage/Rogue by themselves, since neither of these classes can heal. It even shuts off Alex/Zephyrs.