Hearthstone

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't watched as much this week, last man standing is bleh to watch mostly

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Just went 13-1 to legend, and the loss was on final boss.

### Soul Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (1) Twin Slice
# 2x (2) Blade Dance
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 2x (2) Soul Shear
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (3) Shardshatter Mystic
# 2x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 1x (4) Magtheridon
# 2x (4) Marrowslicer
# 2x (5) Soulshard Lapidary
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 1x (7) Soulciologist Malicia
#
AAECAZvoAwTaxgO1yQPP0gP21gMNpaEDh7oD17sD4LwDx8YD2cYD/MgD0c0D+84DzNIDzdID1NID99UDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't see this before. I guess they are talking about changing the quest system to a battle pass system?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just went 13-1 to legend, and the loss was on final boss.

### Soul Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (1) Twin Slice
# 2x (2) Blade Dance
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 2x (2) Soul Shear
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (3) Shardshatter Mystic
# 2x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 1x (4) Magtheridon
# 2x (4) Marrowslicer
# 2x (5) Soulshard Lapidary
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 1x (7) Soulciologist Malicia
#
AAECAZvoAwTaxgO1yQPP0gP21gMNpaEDh7oD17sD4LwDx8YD2cYD/MgD0c0D+84DzNIDzdID1NID99UDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
Looks interesting. How were you using Polkelt?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Looks interesting. How were you using Polkelt?
The idea is you guarantee drawing Skull into high value cards. For example one game that I was like guaranteed to lose I was able to Skull into 1 mana marrowslicer which shuffled the things into my deck (which shuffles your deck so it's not ordered any more) and 2 mana Soulshard Lapidary for a 9 damage hit.

General thoughts on the deck, Magtheridon is almost always best used as a combo board clear with Shardshatter Mystic. Aldrachi Warblades can give you huge health swings that win you a lot of games vs agro because of how much attack you can gain with twin slices and Soulshard Lapidary. You're basically a control deck that has a point where you say okay I go face now, but you have a lot of control tools.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How come the hsreplay stats suggest this an average deck? It seems to perform poorly versus druid and paladin.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
How come the hsreplay stats suggest this an average deck? It seems to perform poorly versus druid and paladin.
Sample size is pretty small. I found the deck by looking for the top 4 popularity decks at diamond 4 in Americas on HSReplay. That showed Libram Paladin, Stealth Rogue, Bomb Warrior, Guardian Druid. That covers like 37% of the match ups. Then I looked in the match up part for a deck that had positive winrate vs all 4 or close to it. I found this while looking at that. The stats definitely show it doing poor in those match ups, but obviously that wasn't my experience. The Paladin match up probably poor, in that match you really want to go first and then control the board the first 6ish turns, then use Blade Dance with big attack to clear giant shit and go face for a lot. Going second makes the match a lot harder, but not unwinable. You really just want to keep the board clear on their side so that they can't effectively buff.

Bomb Warrior is mostly just about timing things out and just efficiently using mana to max damage to face. That's a match where you really need a good macro plan on how you get their. Polk shines in that match. Priest is a lot like this as well. You're just looking out a few turns and figuring out how to burst them out over 2-3 turns.

Guardian Druid was never really a hard match for me. You can get a pretty good early start, Blade Dance if they get taunts/draw guy.

Stealth Rogue you basically just control the board and out heal them by getting a lot of healing on warblades with twin slice/lapidary. This is pretty similar for the Shaman and Mage match ups.

It boils down to you can set up some pretty nasty 2 or 3 turn kills that are pretty hard for them to stop, especially when you save Magtheridon for a board clear. Shit, I even had a game vs Big Warrior where I went through a divine shield ruffian guy, and 2 of the 7/7 taunt deathrattle another 7/7 taunt and had damage to spare. It's definitely not an easy deck to play, and if I wasn't playing out of my mind I probably easily lose 7ish of those games. /shrug

I also think for this deck their is a learning curve on people playing the deck well. People not knowing what to do with Magtheridon, people not knowing how to piece together kills over multiple kills, people killing things they don't need too and wasting cards, people going face when they should be clearing etc. If you look at just legend for the stats it gets a lot closer in most of the matchups. Though I honestly can't say why there is such a disparity in my experience vs Druid and what the stats say. Maybe just variance.

1598288282213.png

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Random side note. Looking right now at a low level analysis says Agro Demon Hunter and Res Priest are the decks to play to get to legend. I feel like Res Priest is probably too slow in reality though

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you enjoy playing late game control, galakrond priest is in a good spot now. Hit legend yesterday with highlander priest. This is the best control deck since pre- double nerf warrior with the 7 cost hero card. I'll post deck list when I get home.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I won with pogohopper, shadow step and the new 1 mana draw 5 card. Most conceded on the second or third turn.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This brawl angers me. So mnay decks seemingly designed to just waste your time.