Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it's pretty aids. This game first 3 minions Sellemental. On 7g I was able to level to 4, discovered Djinni, first thing it dropped was Garr. I slaughtered the lobby. I was tavern 6 3 turns later and it only cost me 1g to get there.

1603311600857.png

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the meta of power leveling to 4 in order to discover a djinni with a triple is geigh af.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
1603387100772.png

DoA. I dusted Naxx and Karazhan(2 of the 3 sets active along with Scholo) a long time ago. I'm not even sure I can buy them again, I would have to spend dust. Wild sets have been power crept, so perhaps it's not that big of a deal, but it's not going stop potential players from perceiving it as such.

New BG hero looks busted as fuck. Especially if Gentle Djinn is still bugged and handing out T6 cards.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After playing Duela for a bit, I like it outside of the card selections you get stuck with.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Lots of changes coming to duels and BGs tomorrow.

Some of these seem overpowered. But look who was right about them not being able to fix Gentle Djinn. Elementals might be a bit weak now? Either you hit Nomi on T5 early or...?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
  • Elementals will no longer be a minion type in every match.
Thank baby jesus

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lots of changes coming to duels and BGs tomorrow.

Some of these seem overpowered. But look who was right about them not being able to fix Gentle Djinn. Elementals might be a bit weak now? Either you hit Nomi on T5 early or...?
Djini was fixed last patch. Elementals are going much weaker. An early nomi isn’t even that great without djini feeding it. It might be better now that the entire lobby won’t be trying to force elementals.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Djini was fixed last patch. Elementals are going much weaker. An early nomi isn’t even that great without djini feeding it. It might be better now that the entire lobby won’t be trying to force elementals.
Must have missed that patch note, thanks for the heads up.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Problem with elementals is that in some games when you lose one fight the game is over because you took 25 damage on turn 8.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
New rewards system is in place, hard to tell if it's the same/equal/less gold acquisition yet from the regular daily quests over the time period between expansions. I've got 6780 gold currently from doing every quest since the last expansion release + whatever miscellaneous gold I've gained. While I play everyday, I overall play very little, just long enough to finish the daily quest. So to gain the XP in order to get to the gold rewards in the new system might not translate to minimal time to gain that same amount of gold. If it ends up being more time I might be done with it. See how it goes during this next expansion cycle

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Not being able to do quests for win with class in Tavern Brawl really chaffs my ass

Any good Warrior or Shaman decks out there?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I opened packs and haven't cared to play at all since. Think it is the right time to go on a hiatus.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Their new reward system kind of robbed me of any desire to play. It's brutal watching that reward path crawl by. Don't know what they were thinking.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Reddit's really pissed about the new reward stuff. Or lackthereof. I don't think too much has changed but this may have been the final straw and a lot of people bandwagoned.

On one hand, if Hearthstone is one of your main games, $85 every 4 months is still pretty cheap entertainment.

On the other hand, $85 and you are still missing half the epics, 75% of the legendaries, and there's a paid mini set coming in a couple months? That seems ridiculous.

I did a little experiment for Scholomance, bought the mega preorder and I think the small bundle half way through the expansion. Played every day, did all the quests, all gold went to packs. I crafted 4 epics. I completed the set's epics last week. I haven't dusted anything unless it was nerfed(so I didn't count secret passive, guardian animals, and cabal acolyte towards completion), so was down quite a bit of "real" dust but have about 7k waiting for when the set rotates out to wild.

The bolded part just seems really stupid. I think the price tag would be more palatable if it immediately granted more cards. Honestly, the business model just seems outdated. After playing PoE for a few years, I wonder if they could switch to a similar model. I've been happier about giving GGG more money for PoE than Blizzard for Hearthstone, and 90% of it has been for cosmetic bullshit.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user