Hearthstone

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any suggestions on a consistent deck? At least, as consistent as Hearthstone can be. I want to try a deck that mitigates dead draws or buried answers. Or maybe I'm just too salty.

I've tried Lunacy Mage(no C'Thun) and Secret Libram Paladin. They are both powerful, but both due to at least one card each that should be nerfed. Don't get your sword early or both Penflingers? Have fun top-decking shitty secrets. Deck of Lunacy buried in your deck? You're quite literally playing a different deck. I swear I've generated Deck of Lunacy more times than I've drawn it.

I'm considering Control Warlock but its win rate doesn't look that good and might be on the down turn since it takes advantage of a greedy unrefined meta.

Also considering Miracle Rogue. But each time I play it, I quite frequently get turns with pieces in my hand that look weak and I have no idea how to put together. I need like 5 minutes to put this shit together.
I’m playing token Druid which is solid and cheap as shit so you can rank up while you wait for the meta to settle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

drops for grandmasters on youtube now

I've pretty much stopped playing all together till they do something about deck of lunacy, I'm not even sure a nerf would be enough. I'm thinking it is removed from the game type shit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Have to have a least 1 weekend of Grandmaster Lunacy

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, deck of lunacy, sword of the fallen, 2 and 3 cost watch posts seem obvious. What are the last two?

Not nerfing Tickatus is going to be a mistake. He's not powerful to warrant it, but does purely on feels.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I would say refreshing spring water and pen flinger will be in there.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So, deck of lunacy, sword of the fallen, 2 and 3 cost watch posts seem obvious. What are the last two?

Not nerfing Tickatus is going to be a mistake. He's not powerful to warrant it, but does purely on feels.
My guesses were Deck, Sword of the Fallen, Pen Flinger + 3 more, of which I would say Refreshing Spring water, Jandice Barov (as the mentioned rogue card), and one of the 2 or 3 cost watch post, probably the 2

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hard to see shadowstep being a target since it's been around forever. I'm wondering if just making the watchtowers legendaries might be enough of a change to tone them down enough

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Deck of Lunacy is only strong RN because of the smaller card pool at the turn of the new season. However it is currently super stronk and fucking stupid as fuck too. It is definitely getting nerfed. Watchtowers probably wont be. I haven't even seen any of them in diamond.

Sword of the Fallen is for sure getting nerfed.

Not real sure what else. Probably Pen Flinger.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
refreshing spring water is way out of control, definitely getting hammered.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not seeing a card doesn't mean it doesn't need nerfing. The two most popular decks don't run it, but the threat of watch posts keeps minion-based aggro out of the meta, allowing spell mage and secret libram paladin to thrive.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'd kinda like RSW left alone. Spell Mage without DoL has a respectable win rate and fun playstyle. I'm not saying RSW isn't stupid, 0 mana draw 2 definitely is. Without that card, that archetype likely disappears to it's preexpansion status. I doubt an improved Random/Discover pool alone is enough to power the deck.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I can see RSW being ok at just 1 mana per spell drawn, 2 is just stupid tho.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know how to get stats on generated card like C'Thun? I'm looking at spell mage decks that don't contain DoL to get an idea of how they archetype will do after the nerfs.

Low played WR on Evocation kinda makes sense, I'm not sure mage has the cards anymore to play long, value-oriented games. Same for Flamestrike. But I can't figure out the low WR on Devolving Missiles.

If you look at the played WR on the rest of the deck, it's ~60%. So, either the meta will go faster than it and force it out(kinda hard with this much burn and draw) or maybe RSW truly does need a nerf in addition to DoL.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It was definitely dominating the early meta before DoL made it's way into the deck. I even made a post about it