Hearthstone

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played for months, is the naxx cards locked behind progression or can you use dust? I have a metric fuckton of unused dust, is it useless?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you want to epeen it out with golden naxx cards, you need dust to craft them, but yes, you still have to unlock the basic versions through progression first.

Krag

Peasant
Haven't played for months, is the naxx cards locked behind progression or can you use dust? I have a metric fuckton of unused dust, is it useless?
I'd say it's more locked behind a purchase, getting the cards are very easy once you open the wings. Progression is probably overstating the content a bit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Unlocking the cards if you run any decent deck takes like 10mins per wing, less if you play a fast deck. Have to buy the wings though which are 700g each(first is free until sometimes during august) or 20bucks for the whole thing(it's 5 each if in a bundle but like 6$ iirc if you buy them one by one instead).

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
To unlock new cards? Yes.

It takes Gold, Time, and/or Money to unlock the cards. Dust can only be used to create the golden versions of those cards once you unlock them.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Go fuck yourself priests.

zoj9l3k.png

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Go fuck yourself priests.

zoj9l3k.png
Well magical Christmas land does happen occasionally. But as it appears you're playing either miracle or face rogue, you have ZERO room to talk.

Edit: Also, there's a very fair possibility you actually win this game.

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
Still have yet to draft a legendary in arena. 1st game tonight the other guy drops Antonidas & Cairne. Game 2 Alexstradza & Cairne

Why bother continuing after that

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only thing worse than not getting a legendary is getting a bad one. One of my only 12 win runs I had a Maexxna, seeing shit like Rag and Sylvanas in the upper rounds really sucked.

Sylvanas was no match for mc tech though.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Turn 3 plays that thing, turn 4 plays 0 mana silence, power word shield +2 hp for 1 mana, doubles its health for 2 mana, makes health = attack for 1 mana(4 mana total). Or sarcasm?

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Messing with a control warlock deck making use of voidcaller is a blast. People have absolutely no idea how to play against a warlock not using standard zoo or handlock setups. Soul siphon is a really badass card that people don't see coming.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It is right there in the log on the left. 2/8. He silenced it (presumably to avoid the Death Rattle). Then PW:S (2/10) Divine Spirit (2/20) Inner Fire (20/20).

But that is a ton of cards invested and the Rogue has Sap in hand. He could still win that game.
It's possible yeah but being at 10hp on turn 4 is going to be a problem especially since removing the 2/8 taunt when he replays it is still annoying. A few more hits and holy fire is basically game, so seems like a really rough game.

The priest combo is a sneaky one since it comes so early. I've had priests play shieldbearers then turn 2 get a 8/8 with divine spirit/innerfire and removing this on turn 2-3 is pretty fucking retarded. The new shield guy is basically the highest health you can get at this point in the game I believe. Note it could be worse, with a coin you can double divine then inner fire, it does 32 damage then, which is turn 4 lethal.

At the same time I've played many priests who had to use the cards inefficiently lategame because they didn't find a better time and they end up being wasted. The combo isn't quite as good as the shaman or druid combos, since it relies on mobs that are already on the field. Exception would be that 2/5 charger guy who's pretty nice to buff, but still far from what alakir, savage roar or bloodlust can give you.

Column_sl

shitlord
Messing with a control warlock deck making use of voidcaller is a blast. People have absolutely no idea how to play against a warlock not using standard zoo or handlock setups. Soul siphon is a really badass card that people don't see coming.
If you are not running zoo, or Murlock. Trust me people know you have the execute (Soul Siphon).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Slowly starting to come around to death lord. My god does it just shit all over zoo. Been running 2 in a mid-rangey priest deck trying to get a feel for it in preparation for jesus minion next week, and so far it seems really promising.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man what the fuck kind of half-assed cobbled together coding did they design this game with? So many bugs with Baron Rivendare.

There's another one out there where someone uses Rivendare and Voidcallers to get more than 7 minions on the field.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So Baron is triggering deathrattle of minions that have a silenced deathrattle? That's odd. I guess maybe they thought they can't just have him trigger when a deathrattle goes off on your board because then he would trigger himself, but there's like a million ways around that. So my guess is he just triggers a deathrattle for a minion when it dies if that card has a deathrattle in the database.