Hearthstone

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Card is great against ramp Druid. Depriving them of an Ancient of War or Ancient of Lore is so valuable. What the card is is a huge gamble. If you grab a minion with an important Battlecry for the deck, that sucks for them. I love it in Paladin right now, because of Aldor/Humility. If I accidentally summon a big guy it suddenly didn't happen.
Playiong against Rasuvious. Kill two deathlords, spawns both of my Acidic Oozes. GG killing his fucking weapon.

Column_sl

shitlord
Thats why I said that card was so good from the beginning.

Removing options from certain decks is worth taking the risk especially when your deck has answers to what ends up getting spawned in.

The Priest mirror battle is interesting tho when they both run Deathlords.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Deathlord is an amazing card. I mean obviously you get burned sometimes, but the rest of the time you get the most ridiculous value out of it.

Column_sl

shitlord
Silencing that card would only help your opponent...

Also Koda comes out on 5, and Deathlord can come out on 3. Which means it has the potential of getting over Kodo 's kill range.

There are very dangerous spots where you do not want to play Deathlord, but most of the time it can only benefit you if you play smart.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Silencing that card would only help your opponent...

Also Koda comes out on 5, and Deathlord can come out on 3. Which means it has the potential of getting over Kodo 's kill limit.

There are very dangerous spots where you do not want to play Deathlord, but most of the time it can only benefit you if you play smart.
So it punches you in the face for 2 once, maybe twice. This is not a huge problem, especially if what it pulls out of your deck is good. It's a kodo dream.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well you assume the druid isn't playing stuff and you don't want to attack him during those turns. If you're not attacking for 2turns while he's attacking with his 3drop and probably a druid of the claw or some shit, you better kodo something good cause otherwise you're in a fucking shit spot, losing early game to a druid who will very likely crush you lategame with ancients and combos. I still think the card is risky but don't feel kodo is a particularily good counter when it comes so much later and deathknight is a taunter so you can't actually ignore it if you want to do something at all during these turns.

Column_sl

shitlord
So it punches you in the face for 2 once, maybe twice. This is not a huge problem, especially if what it pulls out of your deck is good. It's a kodo dream.
Do you really think it's there for damage haha. It's there as a WALL. And Like I said its very easy to get that card over the kodos range in the round you have to wait.

Although baiting Kodo to take that out sometimes can work out in your favor anyway.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Is it bad to fuck around in ranked or is getting stomped going to really fuck my stuff up for the future?

Column_sl

shitlord
Is it bad to fuck around in ranked or is getting stomped going to really fuck my stuff up for the future?
There's no hidden mmr penalty for losing in this type of ladder system until you hit Legendary.

You gain stars from wins in ranked to progress to the next rank until you hit rank 1. When you are in the legendary bracket then losing does count against your mmr to climb to the number 1 on the ladder>

So yeah play all you want, and honestly there really is no point to playing anything BUT ranked because wins in unranked don't count towards your Golden hero.
You also level faster in ranked.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Unranked really has no purpose, unless you want to do a quest on a class you don't have cards for without losing rank because your rank matters to you. Even then I'd stay in ranked.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
What they said. Always play ranked.

Remember that natural selection is a real thing. Test your decks in the wilds of ranked, not the test tube of casual. It will help to make you a better player and you earn xp and gold heros and you may even discover that you are good at this game.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I made a warlock deck that was cool and I thought it was decent because I beat 6 people in a row in unranked. I then took it to ranked and realized it was trash against the meta after getting murdered repeatedly.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've been trying control warrior with Deathlords. Works very well with enough agro to keep them from simply running over your deathlord and trading up. It's hilarious to have them waste a few critters to kill it, dropping Alex or Rag (to which they usually go 'thank you') and then just BGH it. I tried MC techs for awhile with it as well, but they are just too unreliable. Just had one against a mage who finally kills it turn 6, gets Antonidas... and then I Gorehowl next turn. Lulz.

I've yet to run into a game where I regretted Deathlord's deathrattle AND it would have made a difference in the game. I think so far it's a 'lose more' card if anything.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I've been getting owned all week for some reason. Switched to Priest out of frustration and confusion and started dominating again. Cannot wait for the Priest minion!

Thoughtstole a Jaraxxus, that was fun. But then my Deathlord pulled an Arcane Golem... that one sucks, no mana crystal and they get an instant charge. Still love Deathlord though.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been trying control warrior with Deathlords. Works very well with enough agro to keep them from simply running over your deathlord and trading up. It's hilarious to have them waste a few critters to kill it, dropping Alex or Rag (to which they usually go 'thank you') and then just BGH it. I tried MC techs for awhile with it as well, but they are just too unreliable. Just had one against a mage who finally kills it turn 6, gets Antonidas... and then I Gorehowl next turn. Lulz.

I've yet to run into a game where I regretted Deathlord's deathrattle AND it would have made a difference in the game. I think so far it's a 'lose more' card if anything.
Tell that to the shaman who used a totem + rockbiter on a 3 power minion who then pulled rag and had 2 mana left over and ancestral spirit in hand. Wouldn't have been a problem with just the one as I had shadow word death in hand, but the second one pretty much sealed my fate. I don't like rng fucking me over and this was one of my first dealings with the card so it turned me off to it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Where the FUCK is this reconnect feature they supposedly added months ago? I keep getting disconnected despite my internet being totally fine. The game will just sit there, with my spells casting and then nothing happening. I hit quit and then it doesn't even bother trying to reconnect. Yet when I quit on purpose and reload, it reconnects me to a game I don't fucking want. Then, when I do actually have internet problems, it forces me to wait 60 seconds before trying to reconnect, which voids the reconnect feature because it's too late. So essentially it's entirely worthless. This is what I get for going to play Arena again, absolutely pointless with all these false losses, particularly in games I am dominating. My 5-0 is now a 5-2 because of this shit. Fuck this, what a massive pile of steaming shit.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I lost a game yesterday where I was disconnected but my internet was fine because twitch never stuttered. Always happens on a win streak too.