Hearthstone

khalid

Unelected Mod
Dude, you sound pitiful. Here, let me give you this and hopefully you will stfu.

rrr_img_73458.png

rrr_img_73459.png

Column_sl

shitlord
So I win another argument against you, it's really trivial at this point.

Been smacking you around since I got here. You think you would have learned after I put your butt budy Hodj in his place, where is he now btw? ;}

O right

rrr_img_73461.jpg

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started screwing around with mage some. So far I really like Duplicate. Fun card.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Duplicate is fun but it's really hard to set up early with anything but KT mage, and who wants two extra copies of that?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I'm not sold on Duplicate. It allows mage to build a different type of deck than they've previously been able to, but you can really only hope to force a duplicate of a low cost minion and there really isn't a whole lot of benefit there. If they'd revoke the secrets played on your turn change it could be much stronger obviously, but as it stands I don't really see it getting heavy use, there aren't enough good ways to build around it and it doesn't add a lot of strength to any given mage deck.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've done a little playing with the new shaman card, not in a fancy deathrattle deck or anything, and sometimes its clutch and others it sits in my hand. Of course its op w/ sylvanas, but getting those 2 cards in your hand with shaman isn't easy. It has come in clutch as a pseudo-silence a couple of times, but you may as well use an owl or spellbreaker at that point. It works well against the death lord too, it is a 2 mana summon a random minion from your deck.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you could trigger secrets on your own turn again, duplicate would be amazing. I still think that was a dumb fucking change, and all it really did was nerf the vaguely playable paladin rez secret.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've had plenty of success with it just being a third arcane intellect. Not worried about any secret synergies, just playing it onto a board that has good minions.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's an arcane intellect that always gives you meh cards though. What's the best you are hoping for, a water elemental or a strong taunter? It'd be different if it was with other classes, but mage's best feature is their spells and it obviously doesn't benefit those. Also the fact that mage secrets cost 3 mana makes it really hard to get any benefit out of in the early game.

There might be a way to build it into a stall mage with some molten giants though. Hm..

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Turn 10 antonidas into duplicate is very strong (but lategame). Duplicate is nice with doomsayer (if it goes off, you keep the secret active, if they kill doomsayer, you get 2 more to re-play and continue stalling). It's also good with the midrange power legendaries like cairne, sylvanas, loatheb. It's a decent card overall I'd say, just don't use it in weak ways like duplicating an argent squire.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Something like Loatheb, Spectral Knight, even a Yeti or Water Elemental gives you a lot of staying power. You could even go for things like Sludge Belcher, Cairne, etc

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Kirin Tor+Duplicate on turn 3 is a pretty cool turn since it feeds you a bunch of fairly decent cards back. 4/3 don't trade particularily well but trade decently enough. Kirin Tor in generally if you run 6secrets(ice armor, ice block and duplicate) is gonna be a good deal, it dies easily but it makes for strong turn 3s if you have a secret in hand and otherwise still decent.

Main issue with duplicate is you can't really run mirror images in the same deck, or you need to play around it which is annoying as shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've gotten plenty of value out of duplicating mana wyrms and sorcerer's apprentices. Not every duplicate target has to be a mid or late game card.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Gavin and Pyros are the only ones describing scenario where you aren't leaving your board clear til turn 5 so that you get the dream card duplicated. Have you guys actually managed any of this in practice or are you just theorycrafting how great duplicate could be?

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gavin and Pyros are the only ones describing scenario where you aren't leaving your board clear til turn 5 so that you get the dream card duplicated. Have you guys actually managed any of this in practice or are you just theorycrafting how great duplicate could be?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a great card. Just a fun one.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Duplicate is insane in arena. Mages were already the best class in arena and they got one of the best class cards for it from Naxx. I'm excited to see it used in constructed but I don't think it'll be that common. I could see it maybe ending up in one-off tournament decks kind of like how paladin aggro was pre-Naxx.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's ok in arena. Largely depends on when you draw it. I've gotten insane value out of it in arena matches, but there were also times where i desperately wished it was just an arcane int.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You don't have to leave your board clear, that's a terrible line of logic. You can still do shit like Mana Wyrm turn 1, you just don't necessarily duplicate it.