Hearthstone

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The discrepancy between the two is weird, but both function as expected within their own little world.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't get me wrong, it's weird that AoW and DotC function differently, but it's been this way since the beginning, so why would you be surprised when it's the same with KT?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So I got Leeroy for my go for the face hunter deck. Jumped 6 ranks before I had to go to bed. Unleash the hounds and leeroy is very slick combo.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
4 epics 1 legendary
rrr_img_74854.jpg
So I put this deck together today and played a couple games. Both times my opponent has conceded before turn 5 :S

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuck the aggro is unreal right now. Look assholes, you're NOT getting to Legendary this late in the season no matter how try hard you go.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy fuck the aggro is unreal right now. Look assholes, you're NOT getting to Legendary this late in the season no matter how try hard you go.
More likely whats left on the ladder at this point is people who have been try harding since the beginning of the season, not people who are jumping on it late.

So I put this deck together today and played a couple games. Both times my opponent has conceded before turn 5 :S
It's the deck Kolento used to bang out Rank 1 EU.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Asia server must have just got the Hunter memo. Last 10 games at rank four has been 7 Hunters, 2 Druids, and a Shaman. But it's probably like that everywhere, just haven't gone to EU or NA yet today for the dailies.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
So, as a new player like Cyni but with previous MtG exp...how hard is it to get into Arena and actually have positive results early? I've gotten to rank 12 for a short period the other day and have been grinding with a decent hunter deck, a slow and usually outclassed priest and a decent Druid but hunter is the only one I have a truly decent pool with. No Leroy but most of the rest was cheAp enough to be competitive. I'd just like to enlarge my pool quicker honestly.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not super hard but you are not only playing a different game but one where your opponents will often have a massive experience edge on you. It's important to keep that perspective when things go to shit.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
So, as a new player like Cyni but with previous MtG exp...how hard is it to get into Arena and actually have positive results early? I've gotten to rank 12 for a short period the other day and have been grinding with a decent hunter deck, a slow and usually outclassed priest and a decent Druid but hunter is the only one I have a truly decent pool with. No Leroy but most of the rest was cheAp enough to be competitive. I'd just like to enlarge my pool quicker honestly.
I have a background of semi-competitive MtG experience and I think I averagedmaybe5-6 wins per arena run for my first couple weeks. I did spend a decent chunk of time watching good players draft before I actually started playing the game myself though. I really like arena, and for me it's been the most efficient way to acquire cards without spending money. So far I've been able to build about 3 fully fleshed-out constructed decks (although all 3 were on the cheaper side) and purchase all of Naxx without spending any actual money. There can be a large amount of variance in arena though. Card quality from one draft to another can swing a lot.

Anyway, if you were decent at MtG it shouldn't be hard to at the very least win more than you lose in arena.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I have a background of semi-competitive MtG experience and I think I averagedmaybe5-6 wins per arena run for my first couple weeks. I did spend a decent chunk of time watching good players draft before I actually started playing the game myself though. I really like arena, and for me it's been the most efficient way to acquire cards without spending money. So far I've been able to build about 3 fully fleshed-out constructed decks (although all 3 were on the cheaper side) and purchase all of Naxx without spending any actual money. There can be a large amount of variance in arena though. Card quality from one draft to another can swing a lot.

Anyway, if you were decent at MtG it shouldn't be hard to at the very least win more than you lose in arena.
Thanks guys! I will definitely watch a few drafts and I already bought Naxx so maybe this will save me the next time.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

Average of 5-6 wins for your first couple weeks, even with extensive MTG experience is quite good, so props on that. I've played MTG for nearly 2 decades and at a reasonably high level with a very high level of drafting/sealed events, plus other card games and I started out with like a 3 win average. But it quickly snowballs if you have other card game experience and eventually I was filling my collection up extremely quickly with 7-10 packs a day from unlimited arena within a month of drafting. Problem is if you don't invest any RL cash into the game, you only get the 1 draft every 2-2.5 days so it's hard to get experience. I think it's actually good to invest $40 and use it purely on drafts. By the time the cash is gone you'll be at unlimited arena if you do your homework and watch some good arena players etc. I think arena is the best thing you can invest in as a new player if you are reasonably good at card games.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Even if you are still new to arena and aren't winning enough to go unlimited you can still pretty much guarantee yourself an Arena a day by using quests.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Hmm. Anyone ever had x3 Fireball and had success just completely ignoring your opponent's board? Don't think I have enough taunt for it and I have no Flamestrike or Blizzard. Sort of a weird draft. I'm on a roll today with several 9+ runs, but not sure I know what to do with this. The annoying thing is my first pick could have been Ice Block, but I didn't know I'd get x3 Fireball :/. It's quite a good balanced draft I guess, don't know why I feel like it's weird... guess no Flamestrike or Blizzard feels weird. Altho I have gone 12 wins without either in the past. Out of nearly 1000 Arena wins and half of those being Mage, I've never, ever, ever had a Pyroblast, yet it's killed me soooo many times.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Even if you are still new to arena and aren't winning enough to go unlimited you can still pretty much guarantee yourself an Arena a day by using quests.
It's more like every 2 days with how little gold pay out low wins give. A lot of the times you get dust too. Even at 5 wins you might only get 50 gold. So assuming you're new and average 3-4 wins and get around 30 gold + around 50 for quest (averaging the 40 gold quest and 60) you're still only at ~100 including the 10 gold for winning 3. So you still need another 15 wins in that day, or about 30 games. So it's more like every 2 days unless you're at about a consistent 5 wins or you are playing 3 hours of constructed every day on top of the arena.

Omg fuck this asshole I played in Arena just now: