Hearthstone

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Omfg I just had the best comeback ever. I actually nearly conceded because my opponent had just lethal out to kill me on his next turn and all I had to drop on my coming turn 8 was 1 Ironbark. But I dropped it anyways and Innervated out a Recombobulator just because I'd never had a chance to play it yet... and I got Tirion and came back for the win lol.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
It has been hard to accept RNG as a driving force behind this game. Things like that play should make me mad, but alas I guess it's just something you get over. Sounds similar to something today - a control priest vs my control warrior. LONG game, he wrested board control over the last few turns but I had been leaving his turn 1 Northshire alive all game, punishing him with card draw even when he didn't want it anymore. It came down to the final turn - he had 1 card left in his deck, with a decent board, I have Grommash + Task in hand to close 12 pts of damage, he has 10. Even a heal won't save him, but he thoughtsteals.

And plays my Shield Block.
Even if he healed I had draw damage on him, but 15 health + his heal was too much.

ZZZZZzzzzzzz......

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're right in that it can trade very favorably but my thoughts on Gorehowl is that it's too slow at 7 mana. I also find a deck with 2 Fiery's and 2 Death's Bites to be a bit weapon heavy. The, obvious, solution is to replace one of the Death's Bites or Axes for the Gorehowl but then the deck becomes slower.

I do see some Control Warriors with it still so I'm not completely ruling it out. I've just been in a mindset that it's a bit redundant and slow right now but I may need to rethink it.
That was my thinking on gorehowl as well, too slow/too many weapon's with 2xfwa and 2xdb, but I think its making a comeback due to so many 5 toughness minions and the extra armor from shield maiden's make games go on longer. I could definitely see dropping a death's bite for it as I can recall a number of times where my opponent has a 5 toughness minion I want to kill, but I'd have to attack with my death's bite twice. Death's bite, even with the aoe probably averages 2 for 1 because sometimes you have to either essentially waste, or actually waste a charge; whereas gorehowl you may average 3 or 4 for 1 because you should get use out of at least the 7, 6, and 5 attacks. Now it is a bit slower, but from your post it didn't sound like you're losing to aggro so much as you were losing board control and thus the game. If you're losing to aggro too much you'd have to look at your other cards, like are you running double unstable ghoul?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It has been hard to accept RNG as a driving force behind this game. Things like that play should make me mad, but alas I guess it's just something you get over. Sounds similar to something today - a control priest vs my control warrior. LONG game, he wrested board control over the last few turns but I had been leaving his turn 1 Northshire alive all game, punishing him with card draw even when he didn't want it anymore. It came down to the final turn - he had 1 card left in his deck, with a decent board, I have Grommash + Task in hand to close 12 pts of damage, he has 10. Even a heal won't save him, but he thoughtsteals.

Even if he healed I had draw damage on him, but 15 health + his heal was too much.

ZZZZZzzzzzzz......
I hate all the RNG. For every fun moment like the one I posted, there are rage inducing ones like the Goblin Blastmage that just hit my face 4 times for lethal with 2 taunts and another creature on the board.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

ZZZZZzzzzzzz......
I hate all the RNG. For every fun moment like the one I posted, there are 3x as many rage inducing ones like the Goblin Blastmage that just hit my face 4 times for lethal with 2 taunts and another creature on the board.

Yup I just had a 12-0 Arena run and then a 1-3 Arena run lol.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I swear to god they nerfed arena rewards. All I get is fucking cards. 2 arena's today, 11-3, 4-3, COMBINED 260 gold AND THREE FUCKING CARDS. Like, stop giving me classic cards, especially non golden ones, I don't want them. Get out of here with that garbage!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Heads up... The Amazon coin deal is no longer the same. You'll only get 500 coins back instead of 2500 for purchasing a 40 pack at this moment. Just bought 10000 coins, jumped into the app, and found out the hard way. Luckily called Amazon and got a service rep to process a refund for my coin purchase. Wish I could have jumped on the deal sooner.
frown.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, someone posted a few posts back, I was waiting to see if anything piqued my interest during the winter sale. Sale still looks lame and I missed my boat
frown.png

Oh and I agree slippery, it has really made me start to hate arena because I already view it as a grind, but I would at least grind at a reasonable rate, but getting a shitty, basic, non-golden card every time and arena isn't worth it anymore.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Heads up... The Amazon coin deal is no longer the same. You'll only get 500 coins back instead of 2500 for purchasing a 40 pack at this moment. Just bought 10000 coins, jumped into the app, and found out the hard way. Luckily called Amazon and got a service rep to process a refund for my coin purchase. Wish I could have jumped on the deal sooner.
frown.png
It was only a matter of time. They were losing a lot of money. It was really rather silly. I'm sort of bummed I didn't get more packs. But I did get 63 for free because of the annoyance Amazon caused me. The guy in CS chat just manually added the 5500 coins to my account because the purchase wouldn't go thru in the UK lol. So I guess I can't complain about 63 free packs.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Makes me wonder if I could have sweet talked the rep into honoring the old deal. Just sucks that instead of scaling it from a spectacular deal to a good deal, they decided to just neuter the thing entirely. Oh well, I'm counting my blessings that I was able to at least get a refund.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It was only a matter of time. They were losing a lot of money. It was really rather silly. I'm sort of bummed I didn't get more packs. But I did get 63 for free because of the annoyance Amazon caused me. The guy in CS chat just manually added the 5500 coins to my account because the purchase wouldn't go thru in the UK lol. So I guess I can't complain about 63 free packs.
I wouldnt say they were losing money. They got 85 EUR out of me they wouldnt have gotten otherwise (most likely it would've gone to Valve). I'm sure the same goes for many, many people. If anything they are throwing away potential revenue. A 10% coin-back offer is no huge incentive to buy packs *right now* like the 50% one was, less so considering other winter/xmas sales like steam.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I figured it was probably worth it to them to get a ton of people installing Amazon app store and getting used to the idea of using the coins in the first place. They did say it would be a limited time offer. Will be interesting to see if they do random flash sales with bigger bonuses again in the future.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I figured it was probably worth it to them to get a ton of people installing Amazon app store and getting used to the idea of using the coins in the first place. They did say it would be a limited time offer. Will be interesting to see if they do random flash sales with bigger bonuses again in the future.
That's what I'm hoping for at least. I'm sure they'll run some sort of promo in the future, and if so, I'll jump on it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I wouldnt say they were losing money. They got 85 EUR out of me they wouldnt have gotten otherwise (most likely it would've gone to Valve). I'm sure the same goes for many, many people. If anything they are throwing away potential revenue. A 10% coin-back offer is no huge incentive to buy packs *right now* like the 50% one was, less so considering other winter/xmas sales like steam.
No, they were definitely losing a shit ton of money. Someone posted the stats and they were losing twice what they were making. Of course Amazon still has to pay Blizzard the regular price, so at the end of the day, it was a net loss, but presumably an attempt to bring more people to the Android marketplace and get people to buy other shit, like any other huge sale.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah it helped Blizzard out plenty all the money people weren't really planning to spend. For Amazon it was basically a form of marketing costs.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
What's the best way to get back into this, haven't played for a good long while. Have pretty much all of the original cards but nothing after. Just ordered a nvidia shield tablet and think playing this at work would be kick ass on it