Hearthstone

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just dumped my rank back to 20 to farm wins and quick dailies.

Man, it's hilarious at r20. Very strange missplays and decks.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Have a Shaman Arena right now with a Hobgoblin, 2 Powermaces, and 2 Flying Machines, as well as various other 1 Attack minions such as Haunted Creeper. I just had an 8/10 Flying Machine (Hobgoblin + 2 Powermace Buffs and a SSC) and then I casted Bloodlust. Haha fun stuff. I wonder if Shaman Hobgoblin Mech is feasible in constructed.

Oh, this Shaman Arena deck also has Kelthuzad and Sneed's Old Shredder @@, so hilarious getting nonstop legendaries with those 2 together. Holy shit.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I actually quit playing months ago (school didn't help). I think the best rank I got was 17 or so before getting roflstomped by people like Abidisi. :p

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Welp, Im hovering at rank 4 atm. Will be trying for Legend over the Holidays. I never tried to get Legend before and Rank 4 was my best previously. Hopefully I can make it in the next 8 days. I'm primarily using a Paladin deck I created. I posted an outline of it 12 days ago and have gone from rank 15 to 4 since then. I've tried some other decks during the period and that kept me stuck at rank 7-8 for about a week. Now playing just Paladin again I've broken through. Will probably stick with this 1 deck the rest of the way. Ashame I'm so far off from 500 wins. Would be nice to get a golden hero someday. I have ~200 wins with most of them except I'm only at 125 with paladin (and less with priest/rogue).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Just beat a Mage with 5 (FIVE) Flamestrikes, 2 Fireballs and 3 Frostbolts in arena with this Shaman deck. It felt so gooood. He was soooo salty when it was over. He was waiting till the end of the clock to pass the turn.

I don't understand the Rank 20 thing. Is it really that beneficial to de-rank yourself and go through the annoyance and time and effort just to get slightly easier wins? Like, really? Seems really sad to me, that anyone would do that. Just feels... pathetic, no offence. It's like, why are you ultimately playing, if that's the kind of shit you need to do to make the game playable for you? Seems stupid and I don't like that it makes the barrier of entry even harder for new players and turns them away, all because some little pricks feel good getting easier wins beating people with inferior experience and cards. It's like max level players farming newbie quest areas... you pity the max level players doing it because it's just so... sad.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just beat a Mage with 5 (FIVE) Flamestrikes, 2 Fireballs and 3 Frostbolts in arena with this Shaman deck. It felt so gooood. He was soooo salty when it was over. He was waiting till the end of the clock to pass the turn.

I don't understand the Rank 20 thing. Is it really that beneficial to de-rank yourself and go through the annoyance and time and effort just to get slightly easier wins? Like, really? Seems really sad to me, that anyone would do that. Just feels... pathetic, no offence. It's like, why are you ultimately playing, if that's the kind of shit you need to do to make the game playable for you? Seems stupid and I don't like that it makes the barrier of entry even harder for new players and turns them away, all because some little pricks feel good getting easier wins beating people with inferior experience and cards. It's like max level players farming newbie quest areas... you pity the max level players doing it because it's just so... sad.
I've been doing it all season, and I did it for about half a season back when Naxx came out. For me it has nothing to do with making the game playable, has to do with being the quickest way to farm the gold cap every day. Doing it in casual or at my normal place on the ladder in ranked would take 2-3 times as long, and since it already takes about 3ish hours, it would just take way too damn long. Probably wouldn't be doing it if I'd spent money on GvG packs, but I decided to buy DAI instead so I'm spending a month doing this.

I'm actually looking forward to the end of the season when I can go back to normal laddering. Win farming at R20 isn't particularly fun, It's just the best way to maximize my gold income for awhile.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I've been doing it all season, and I did it for about half a season back when Naxx came out. For me it has nothing to do with making the game playable, has to do with being the quickest way to farm the gold cap every day. Doing it in casual or at my normal place on the ladder in ranked would take 2-3 times as long, and since it already takes about 3ish hours, it would just take way too damn long. Probably wouldn't be doing it if I'd spent money on GvG packs, but I decided to buy DAI instead so I'm spending a month doing this.

I'm actually looking forward to the end of the season when I can go back to normal laddering. Win farming at R20 isn't particularly fun, It's just the best way to maximize my gold income for awhile.
But... you can only get a maximum of 100 gold a day. Is min/maxing to get an extra 20 gold a day, or save like 30mins, really worth all that grief and ruining some newer player's fun completely?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just gotta pump out those three to five wins, buy an area run, day's done.

Just tryin' to make some quick ends to buy packs and build my xxx ladder deck.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
But... you can only get a maximum of 100 gold a day. Is min/maxing to get an extra 20 gold a day, or save like 30mins, really worth all that grief and ruining some newer player's fun completely?
Yeah because one quick loss to my zero legendary zero epic shaman mech aggro deck is going to ruin someone's fun completely.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't we just have a discussion last week about the size of the playerbase? Shit like this on top of CCG's P2W nature will only hurt the game in the long run.

There's a reason I never played on any of the Zek servers.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yeah because one quick loss to my zero legendary zero epic shaman mech aggro deck is going to ruin someone's fun completely.
While I do agree that one person won't affect someone's enjoyment; 10 straight losses due to people farming newbies will. Just saying...you're not the only one doing it. =P

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't feel sorry for anyone. Beginners shouldn't be doing ranked in the first place if they are going to get hurt feelings. If someone wants to hover at rank 20, regardless of actual skill, then whatever.

What's funny is seeing soooo many golden heroes at the lower ranks (15-20). I don't notice nearly as many at the higher ranks (4-8).