Hearthstone

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If I'm cheating I'm not putting in 3 arcane explosions...
I wouldn't put in half of what he did, especially the AE - I just found it amusing he used the name that was phonetically "Cheatin'" and had a pool with so many odd duplicates - four Blizzards was the only super alarming part though.

This wasn't even really "asking questions", I was just stating it being amusing. But lets stick to misinterpreting me constantly.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't put in half of what he did, especially the AE - I just found it amusing he used the name that was phonetically "Cheatin'" and had a pool with so many odd duplicates - four Blizzards was the only super alarming part though.

This wasn't even really "asking questions", I was just stating it being amusing. But lets stick to misinterpreting me constantly.
One time Kripp got 7 flamestrikes.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>

Commit this to memory:

"The greatest coincidence of all time would be if there were never any great coincidences."

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Flamestrike = Common though. Getting offered 4 rares isn't an absolute, and getting the same rare offered in each batch ever rarer yet. Not that I care though, I know I've gotten at least triples of a rare before personally. Four is certainly an outlier but not impossible just amusing in light of his name.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I made a gimmick deck almost entirely made of Legendary just for fun.
smile.png

Now the problem with the deck is that most Legendary are 5-9 mana, so it's extremely slow. Also there's almost no taunts so going to attack me directly is easy, although leaving huge minions on the board can be scary. There's also no removal cards.

I chose a druid for the deck for the following cards:

2 x Wild Growth (2): Gain a mana crystal
2 x Innverte (0): Gain 2 mana for this turn
2 x Grove Tender(3): Gain a mana crystal or draw a card

Neutral Cards:

2 x Alarm'O Bot(3): At the start of your turn replace it with a random minion from your hand

2 x Annoy-o-tron(2): 1/2 taunt divine and divine shield.

Rest was legendaries.

This deck was surprising, not sucking as badly as I expected...but still sucked.

My hope was get mana crystal fast so I could start putting these costly legendary fast.

I had one perfect hand opening for one game.

I was facing a hunter, who I will admit didn't draw very well to fight this deck and my hand.
smile.png

My hand was:
2 x Innervate
1 x Alarm'O Bot
Ragnaros the Firelord
and the coin.
smile.png

Round 1:
Play Innvervate to get 3 mana
Play Alarm'O Bot
Round 2:
Draw Gruul(8): 7/7 At the end of each turn gain +1/+1.
Alarm'O Bot switches with Ragnaros
Use coin for 3 mana
Play Alarm'O Bot again
End Turn
Ragnaros does 8 damage to face
Round 3:
Draw Alexstraza
Alarm'O Bot Switches with Gruul
Play Alarm'O Bot again
End turn
Ragnaros does 8 damage to face again.
Gruul gains +1/+1 to become an 8/8, gets +1/+1 at the end of hunter turn to be a +9/+9
Round 4:
Forgot what I drew.
Alarm'O Bot was killed
Attack with Gruul for 9 damage
End Turn
Ragnaros doesn't dissapoint and goes for the face again

Game over, it was glorious.
smile.png

Then I went on to lose like 6 of 8.

Still that win made up for the all the losses.
smile.png

Just a gimmick deck for a change of pace, I'm still laughing at that perfect game...it could never have come out better.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I also enjoy screwing around with gimmick decks from time to time. My favorite is alarm-o-bot paladin with holy wrath for expensive legendaries. Garbage deck but it's way too fun holy wrathing a molten giant draw for 20 damage. Kibler's dragon deck that runs all the aspects is a stronger gimmick deck that looks pretty fun but I'm still missing half of them. I'm not yet in a good position to craft Deathwing, Nozdormu, and Malygos.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Getting offered 4 rares isn't an absolute
Technically, you're correct. But you are offered at least 4 times rares or better. So, assuming your 0, 10, 20, or 30 picks don't turn into epics or legendaries(sorta safe assumption), the chance of being offered 4 Blizzards is roughly: 1 - BINOM.DIST(3,4,3/58,TRUE) = 0.0007%. If he got offered 8 rares, it jumps up to 0.042%! So maybe he is a cheater!

Just thought I would chime in with some numbers because I was hoping to disprove vaclav's conspiracy cards with some calculations. More interestingly, getting offered one flamestrike out of 26 picks is ~44%. So...kinda sucks when you draft a mage deck with no flamestrike.

I wonder if they're going to add more board clears with the next expac. I don't think gvg added any.

Column_sl

shitlord
I wonder if they're going to add more board clears with the next expac. I don't think gvg added any.
I seriously doubt it from anything then a minion, or weapon etc. So GVG did add a board clear just not as a spell

The amount of class based board clears that are spells currently in the game are pretty much perfect imo

axeman_sl

shitlord
I seriously doubt it from anything then a minion, or weapon etc. So GVG did add a board clear just not as a spell

The amount of class based board clears that are spells currently in the game are pretty much perfect imo
It'll frankly be hard for them to add anything unless they also implement some different formats. Most of the decks are now at a point where increasing their performance any further will make it frustrating to play against. I mean, imagine facehunter killing you a turn earlier, or control warrior getting even more ridiculous removal and armor gains. It didn't take all that long before M:TG had to start restricting cards in order for type 1 to be playable, and even then it became a OTK festival long ago as the availability of so many different cards meant everything became too efficient. Hearthstone will need new formats with, say, only classic and one expansion available, maybe two later on when there are enough expansions for this to amount to several formats.

Taho

N00b
Finished my first 12 win arena earlier (mage). My best previously was 8, so I was pretty pumped. 325 gold and a golden mana wyrm.

OK, all done. Nothing to see here.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
So. Mech mages. Not sure about anyone else, but I am seeing them quite a bit, myself. Someone win a tournament with mech mage or something?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Didn't reynad or someone pull off a bunch of wins in a tourney not long ago with a mech mage? Not saying that'sthereason it's popular, but it doesn't help :S

The Master

Bronze Squire
So. Mech mages. Not sure about anyone else, but I am seeing them quite a bit, myself. Someone win a tournament with mech mage or something?
Generally speaking whichever agro deck is the cheapest to build, can have a roughly 50/50 win rate in most match ups, and has games that can end by turn 5-6 is the most common deck on ladder. Currently Mech Mage fits those criteria the best (with Face Hunter being less consistent, but also being cheaper coming in a close second). It is also the reason you are seeing Druids, because Druid is a pretty reasonable counter to Mech Mage. Which is why a bunch of streamers started playing Oil Rogue (because it matches up pretty well vs Druid). Then people started playing Warrior to counter the Rogues. The great cycle of ranked.

Taho

N00b
I'm getting sick of turn 2 mechwarper, mechwarper, annoyotron. I just end up conceding on like turn 2 or 3 if these mech mages get a good start. Not much of a way to come back. Would rather move on to next match.

Loyang_sl

shitlord
Just drafted for paladin in arena. I was offered a total of two 5 + minions...
How can this happen?

I don't even want to play this deck. its a 0 win for sure.

No weapon also...

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Do you have consecrates? Do you have shielded mini-bots and argent protectors? Low cost decks can do reasonably well in arena if you just treat it like an aggro deck (because it is).

The Master

Bronze Squire
Kripp went like 9 wins yesterday with a deck that had 5 Argent Protectors and I think 25 cards in the deck were 3 or less mana. You play what the draft gives you, nature of arena. Drafting a good agro deck is actually incredible if it happens, easily 8-9 wins if not 12, but agro decks are VERY focused. Five cards that don't fit the theme can screw you. Not having enough 1 drops can screw you, especially if you consistently end up going first (which is a coin flip). One of my fastest 12 win arena runs was a Warlock that was a better than constructed Zoo draft (Three Doomguards, four Knife Jugglers, four Flame Imps, etc). But what are the odds of getting that on purpose? Almost zero. That is why drafting mid-range or control is usually better, because you are more likely to get a playable deck. But if arena hands you agro, doesn't mean the deck will do badly.