Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Naxx was dogshit, other than the comedy aspects of the flavor emotes and stuff. The actual gameplay and the concept was terrible. Of course its a strategy which has probably earned them more RL money transactions than anything else they've done so of course it will be repeated soon and again later.

Hungry Crab taking up an epic slot in a pack can suck my ass.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This is another factor I just can't quite get behind and agree with. If you've lost board control and can't get minions on the table long enough to use Bloodlust chances are high you're fucked either way. I can't think of a card (that shaman has access too), at all, bar Deathwing that could swing it back around in your favor.

If you've lost board control and can't develop a board, then every card in your hand is a dead card.
Not really no. You can still play a threat, and they might spend their entire turn/board to clear the threat you played. But if instead you have a Bloodlust, you can't do shit. Now optimally, you don't run in a situation where the only card left in your hand is Bloodlust, but Shaman is notably garbage at drawing and keeping a full hand if you're not getting insane value out of your cards, and Bloodlust really doesn't help much with that. If you draw a Belcher or Loatheb instead(to keep the 5mana thing going, though you'd probably replace it more with like Cairne or Sylvana or a Fire Elem if you don't have 2 instead), it's going to be a lot more impactful than if you draw Bloodlust and you don't already have a board presence ready to use it. Now if you do, you might just win the game.

It's a gamble card. It can and will definitely work sometimes, but sometimes it'll also be completely useless. In general, when building a deck, you want to limit cards which are potentially useless to a minimum, which is why you don't run 4silences in every deck even though silence can and will win you games very often and in most games, you could actually make use of 4 silences. But in some games, you will barely make use of one, and so most decks only run one or two silences. Same reasoning with BGH(though in tournament play, 2BGH can be a valid choice if you expect handlocks and warriors all over the place).

One Bloodlust is fine though especially if you don't have access to all the big legendaries and shit. Eventually though, you'll pretty much phase it out unless you're doing a gimmick shaman thing(like murloc shaman, then fuck yeah do bloodlust, it's murlocs).

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I look at it as a design issue in HS. You can't really afford situational effects in a game based soley around minions. All the playable cards of that type are an effect + body: Big Game Hunter, Mind Control Tech, The Black Knight, Antique Healbot. Druid's get away with Savage Roar because its part of a 2 card combo that usually ends the game.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I look at it as a design issue in HS. You can't really afford situational effects in a game based soley around minions. All the playable cards of that type are an effect + body: Big Game Hunter, Mind Control Tech, The Black Knight, Antique Healbot. Druid's get away with Savage Roar because its part of a 2 card combo that usually ends the game.
Druids also have Ancient of Lore. If Shaman had a comparable draw mechanic, bloodlust would be fairly reasonable. You can build some really interesting Shaman decks but they all suffer from the same basic problem: no good options for draw. When you are running Gnomish Inventor as standard (which was true as recently as three weeks ago, StrifeCro was playing it in Shaman) you know you have problems.

Shaman need a class-card that is a real minion (not Mana Tide) that draws a card. Ideally it'd be a 4 drop. They'd be in a much better place if that happened.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Neptulon is sort of a bandaid for the lack of draw, but yea, that's the main issue with Shaman. Everytime I try creating a Shaman deck I'm struggling to figure out how to draw cards.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Built a little Paladin deck and winning by the skin of my teeth. It's something, I guess. I'm so used to playing Zoo now, though. Does that normally happen? I mean getting so used to playing something, that switching around fucks you up?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I've read advice to stick with the deck you decided on when trying to ladder. If nothing else its infuriating to face four counters, switch to a different style of deck and suddenly be facing all of its counters instead that would have been better matchups for the first deck.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Interesting game in Arena - opponent is named CHETAN - and manages to in the top half of his deck cast FOUR Blizzards, THREE Arcane Explosions, TWO Flamestrikes, TWO Frost Bolts and some other nukes I forget (literally like 1 critter the whole time). I did beat him but with the name I couldn't help but drift towards how someone manages to get a draft with those picks stacking up like that...

Don't really care since I won - probably just a really odd set of picks (and a bad one, almost no critters is bad) - but still those picks plus CHEAT phonetically in the name, hah.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I put together the firebat mech shaman deck and need someone to explain to me the reason it isn't using harvest golems.

- edit, shaman not mage

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you mean mech Shaman? The answer is that the 3 slot is too clogged and you have to cut something when you add a pair of powermaces. You could try running Harvest Golems over Spidertanks, but I think the tanks are better.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You were the one convinced of an Arena hack half a year ago right?
Convinced? I quoted some oddities and asked if people had an understanding why - similar to how I made note recently of Spectate mode sometimes putting up mismatched game states and I asked if anyone had any input why.

Hacks have absolutely occurred in MTGO with a lower audience though, and Blizzard games have a history of hacks happening, so there would be reason to be wary.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Just ignore Vaclav's cheating/hacking bullshit. This is the 3rd or 4th time he has come in here complaining about hacking (he is just asking questions!!), its absurd as fuck.

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
Taking a break from Hearthstone for a bit after playing against 12 mechmages in a row while trying to climb the ladder. It's not that I lost all the time, it just got old and boring really fast. If I hear "Chugga chugga chugga" again I'm gonna shit myself.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Taking a break from Hearthstone for a bit after playing against 12 mechmages in a row while trying to climb the ladder. It's not that I lost all the time, it just got old and boring really fast. If I hear "Chugga chugga chugga" again I'm gonna shit myself.

Lol, the Russian one was awesome.