Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Frothings are what really breaks the deck, not patrons. Patrons are just incredibly strong, but there are plenty of decks that can handle them. It's a lot harder to deal with that much damage straight out of the hand.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You just need more practice, and a better list. Loot Hoarders haven't been in Patron for a month at least. This is Zalae's list. Waffster's list is -1 Fiery, -1 Shield Block, -1 Gnomish Inventor for 1 Cruel Taskmaster, 1 Harrison Jones, and +1 Unstable Ghoul

rrr_img_106160.jpg
These updates have been money so far. Can't believe I was never running Shield Block. Deck is much better now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't be afraid to netdeck but more importantly, don't be afraid to mess around with a netdeck list if you feel like making changes. They aren't sacrosanct and the meta has undoubtedly changed a little bit since that list was posted.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you're serious, Varian sucks. They all suck, I would argue Rhonin sucks the least and Varian is right behind him. We haven't seen priest or shaman yet, but it's safe to say they'll suck too.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Yea you're right, draw 3 and play them is horrible. LoH horrible.
Not like you can't play minions that activate (like the new Sea Reaver) your patron style decks, and being able to slam down a few shield maidens or what not for free? Psh.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're serious, Varian sucks. They all suck, I would argue Rhonin sucks the least and Varian is right behind him. We haven't seen priest or shaman yet, but it's safe to say they'll suck too.
PRIEST AND SHAMAN ARE GOING TO RULE AND RESURRECT (lol) THE CLASSES. HEALER META INCOMING YOU BITCH ASS HUNTER WARRIORS!!!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
rank 18 plays for days.

You know that creatures put directly into play don't get their battlecry right? Getting a shield maiden off of Varian would be terrible. In fact, probably half the minions control warrior runs would be terrible to put into play with Varian.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
rank 18 plays for days.

You know that creatures put directly into play don't get their battlecry right? Getting a shield maiden off of Varian would be terrible. In fact, probably half the minions control warrior runs would be terrible to put into play with Varian.
Ah, you are correct, still combos with Sea Reaver. Not a bad card at all, but you can think what you want
smile.png

Delly

Trakanon Raider
If Varian pulled out both of my shield maidens and something else I wouldn't mind losing 10 armor for 17/17+ worth of stats on the board for 10 mana. Not saying its better, because its depends on the situation you're in, but its not bad either.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I'm willing to wildly squander resources like that, I'll just play Deathwing. Which does randomly find its way into control warrior some time. I really want him but I don't want to craft him.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Its just another win condition. Just like some people put Grom in patron decks. You can have variations. Varian into Deathwing + 2 whatever sounds good to me.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Its just another win condition. Just like some people put Grom in patron decks. You can have variations. Varian into Deathwing + 2 whatever sounds good to me.
It's just another their win condition in a class that doesn't need any more win conditions. He also actively fucks over your other win conditions as well.

Warriors also don't lack card draw either so drawing three cards doesn't matter either.

Control warrior plays Boom,Grom,Geddon,Emp,Rag,Sylvannus two sludges two shield maidens two acolytes of pain two armor smith and two cruel taskmaster so chances are you will hit something.

I just don't see the use of him honestly. If you hit turn 10 as control warrior versus Agro you've won already and control warrior already had a good match up versus other control decks already.

He's not a "bad" card he's just like all the other almost playable legends out there he doesn't have a home.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Warriors also don't lack card draw either so drawing three cards doesn't matter either.
Actually I would say that the lack of card draw is the single biggest weakness control warrior has. You've got 1-2 shield blocks and 2 acolytes of pain. I would say I average 1.5 draws per acolyte I play. So 1-2 cards that cycle, and 2 creatures that get me an extra 3 cards between them. Some control warriors have started running slam again which is another potential 1-2 cycles.

Varian certainly isn't the answer though. If I make it to turn 10 the game is already starting to shift in my favor. I damn sure don't need a 10 mana conditional draw creature, what I need is more draw in the early game.