Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Seems good. It'll compete with some 2-drops for sure.

Edit: I can see it going in a control paladin deck as it has some synergy with equality but it does suck that it can whiff and hit hero. It does trade decently against minibot, especially if battlecry procs the divine shield. I can see this used against a heavy paladin meta for that reason. It will be tough to squeeze in but has a place imo.

Neph_sl

shitlord
It's kinda interesting in that if you play it against a 3/2, you want it to hit face unless you're Mage/Druid/Rogue and can ping. Dropping it against a 2/3 (or mini-bot), you want it to hit the minion. Not terrible.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Why is a 1/1 targeted 1 damage cost 1 but a 2/2 random damage only gets 1 damage. meh

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
2/3. 1/1 for 1 is weak, 2/3 for 2 is a fairly costed body, and arguably better for midrange decks than a 3/2.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Opps missed the extra tough. Yea it's decent, if it was targeted it'd be very solid.

The power creep would be pretty amusing if it was targeted.

rrr_img_104929.jpg

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I was going to do the 50 pack deal but they have to show a lot better than they have been. Got 700 g waiting and should have a couple thousand by release date. That would probably be all I need the way this is looking. Now if Hearthstone was like MtG and they rotated out some cards, then I could see this being ok but inspire is way too slow with some of the decks we have right now.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I dropped like $120 on GvG (did the $90 Amazon deal) but I'm not sure yet if I'll drop any cash on this one. Primary reason is having 4k gold and 4k dust sitting atm. If it was a $25 deal I would for sure but expecting $50 is greedy.

Savage Combatant seems nice but requires a whole new style of Druid deck. Like a Beast/Hero Atk deck. It's only good if you can make use of the Inspire effect otherwise it's equivalent to Lost Tallstrider (5/4 Beast for 4). I still doubt there will be enough tools to make a legit Druid Beast deck. 5 Attack is always nice but again, Lost Tallstrider never sees play and for this card to be any use you do need to wait for turn 6 most likely.

The mech card is meh. There are some 5/5 Mech class cards already which have seen some play but the problem is they are for Warrior/Priest. Shaman, would rather play Fel Reaver for 5 than this card. I can see Mage squeezing this card in to follow Blastmage. It's going to make Mech mage so much beefier.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Savage Combatant is the first card I've seen that I am excited about. It might make Savagery actually useful and can combine with the guy that upgrades your hero power. So if you had an upgraded hero power and a combatant, you spend 2 mana for 4 attack and 2 armor, that's pretty badass. Even with the combatant solo, you are looking at getting a 2 for 1 at least half the time or so.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I'm not a great deck builder, but would that fit into current decks? Savage Combatant is a 5 drop, Justicar is a 6, so ramp? Midrange + combo? Maybe just a new archetype?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Only way Savage Combatant works is a new archtype, it's terrible for the current ramp & combo druids. Ramp wants bigger minions and this card doesn't help combo druids.

Savagery could work in a deck with this card. It only damages minions though, but could help with board control making for a very strong control druid deck. Druids tend to lack board clears. Swipe is the only decent card. This card can be used with Savagery to allow for 6 combined damage on 7 mana the turn he's played. (Combatant + Hero Power + Savagery). And the 6 damage can be split 2 ways for even more control. Kill 2 minions and leave a 5/4 body, not too bad.

Edit: Maths are hard

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Combatant is a 4 drop, and has the possibility of trading favorably with pilot shredder or belcher, so I will be giving it a shot in just about all my druid decks. I am not as enamored with the 6 drop. I might pretend some other 6 drop is the legend and quasi proxy it mentally to see what some games would be like if I were to draw it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
He trades poorly with shredder actually since you can't hero power on turn 4 and shredder will leave a body. Waiting until 6 mana to trade with shredder doesn't mean much since you could play any number of 6 drops that would be better. Only chance it's favorable is if you get him out and let him stick, which is risky.

Ideally you combo him with Savagery or Claw later on at 7+ Mana to take back the board. He's a good comeback card imo.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I guess putting "possibility of trading favorably" should have instead had an asterisk with a note at the end for you? Obviously if you play it on 4 mana into shredder it wont be a good time for the combatant.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I think most of all, I'm looking forward to StrifeCro making decks with these new cards. I fail at making viable decks and 99% of the time I steal his decks. Like, here he made a viable Dragon Egg deck:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I guess putting "possibility of trading favorably" should have instead had an asterisk with a note at the end for you? Obviously if you play it on 4 mana into shredder it wont be a good time for the combatant.
  • Chill the fuck out.
  • Just cause I have a different opinion doesn't mean you gotta be an ass.
  • You're wrong anyway.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
With Justicar Trueheart -- for the warlock hero power it says, "Draw a card". Does this mean you can get to choose a card from your own deck?