Hearthstone

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I like it Beagle. I guess you can Innervate into Aspirant on turn 1 but what is your turn 2 Innervate play? Or is that not really meant for this deck?

Edit* I guess Heckler would still be a good play. Maybe not as good as Yeti but like you said, probably more viable for the mid game than Yeti though.

I guess Keeper too depending on the opponent's board.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I like it Beagle. I guess you can Innervate into Aspirant on turn 1 but what is your turn 2 Innervate play? Or is that not really meant for this deck?

Edit* I guess Heckler would still be a good play. Maybe not as good as Yeti but like you said, probably more viable for the mid game than Yeti though.

I guess Keeper too depending on the opponent's board.
I really try to avoid innervating into a four drop on turn two unless it's an emergency against a perfect aggro opening. Turn three innervate into a Belcher or Druid of the Claw if against fast decks, but if not then hopefully you can save it for Thaurissian or an AoW. The two jousters, aspirant, and wraths should be able to keep you in decent shape if you miss your ramp. But it's ramp druid, sometimes you get a complete shit opening and just fall too far behind early.

Oh, after wrestling with crafting an Aviana I bought 15 packs and opened.....Aviana. Haha! Haven't played around with it too much, but I did get a turn ten Aviana/coin/Druid of the Claw/Kel Thuzad onto an empty board. That was fun.

rrr_img_107730.jpg

MossyBank

N00b
Do you guys think Acidmaw will ever enter into the Meta? I can't really see control hunter as a thing, but maybe someday? I got a golden Acidmaw a few days ago, and i'm debating dusting it and crafting a Dr. Boom, which is far more useful for alot of decks I like to pilot. What do you guys think?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Probably not without significant changes. If he hadanytoughness at least he would have hope.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't dust goldens anymore but I'm also not missing very many cards at this point

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
None of the TGT legendaries are must have.

Justicar Trueheart and Chillmaw will always be playable, Trueheart will probably get even better post-Patron. Nobody is really using the Valkyr yet because they're best in priest and everyone is playing Dragon Priest, but they're still very playable. Eadric will probably always be fighting for a slot in slower Paladin decks because of how powerful the effect is, Varian will stay playable but I think control warriors will generally shift away from running him after a month or two of playtesting. Rhonin, Aviana, and Bolf Ramshield are maybes imo.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Currently rank 1 with agro secret paladin. Hunters are starting to play flare so I had to go from a more mid range style to a more "ebola" style to race them.
Deck has a pretty solid chance of just steam rolling someone on turn 6 with Mysterious Challenger its wins agaisnt everything easily with the exception of face Hunter. Haven't lost to patron yet with it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually maybe I was wrong about Tempo Mage. Maybe Darnassus Aspirant means Tempo Mage is dead forever.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Just had a Priest shadow madness and kill a Darnassus Aspirant. Good feelings.
Was playing Beagle's deck earlier and had the exact same thing happen. He 'oops' emoted before the animation was even over.

In Tavern Brawl and just got to experience what it's like to play two Mistcallers. I had a 6/3 Mini Mage in my hand when he conceded.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Down to rank 9 with Controlsteed. Can't say I've fought too many meta decks, except Patron, which can always just have stupid turns. No refinements yet, everything seems to work well so far.
So I took your earlier list and made some alterations and been playing that for the past day or so (rank 3-4). I tried it as you listed it but it wasn't doing very well early game, just got run over too easily.

rrr_img_107973.jpg

The Imp Gang bosses also draw silences, which is one of the weaknesses of the Dreadsteed. It makes them over commit the board, which also helps your sweepers.

My general thoughts on this deck are that it's damn fun, and it absolutely destroys paladins. The Dr. Six secret bullshit is so common right now and this kind of murders it. Once you clear their board, they can't regain it ever if you have a dreadsteed. And if they drop the 6/6 and summon all the secrets, you swing your dreadsteed in, it buffs the 6/6, and you can follow with a taunt or just kill the 6/6 and you basically just win from there. On the flip side, I don't think I have beaten a hunter once with it. Shamans are tricky because earth shock. And priests can be scary because of cabal shadow priests.

The thing is I'm not sure if this is better than just running handlock though. Seems like handlock kind of does the same thing but it's probably weaker vs. paladin than this is.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
People complaining about RNG stone, your pleas are falling on deaf ears:

Ben Brode on Twitter:

@HearthTrolden less rng is not the goal!
Interview with Senior Game Designer Ben Brode

At the highest level, many games are being decided by extremely RNG cards, most specifically Nat Pagle, Tinkmaster Overspark, and Ragnaros the Firelord. Among Blizzard developers and balance designers, is there a perceived problem with RNG relating to some of these popular cards?

You know actually I think the randomness can increase the skill required to play a game. If you imagine a game of Hearthstone except you ordered all the cards in your deck, then you could learn every game you play your 1 drop, you play your 2 drop, your 3 drop, your 4 drop, etc...but because it's random, the order you get your cards, you often see game situations that you've seen before or that no one's ever seen before. Really great players can figure out what to do in new situations better than other players. And so cards that increase randomness into the game state actually can increase the amount of skill required to solve novel game states. So I think randomness adds exciting new stories and suspense and it can make the game more skillful if you do it right.

As a followup, some tournaments in the scene are talking about banning cards such as Nat Pagle and Tinkmaster Overspark. Do you support this direction of this change, the community taking a more active role in determining how the game will be played?

I think specifically this change [...] even though these effects can be frustrating sometimes, they don't go your way, I think [the effects] do actually increase the amount of skill required to play the game in some cases. It's cool that people are taking things into their own hands and doing these incredible tournaments. But I personally like those types of effects and those types of cards.
Blizzard: Hearthstone RNG | PCGamesN

TLDR: Blizzard likes RNG, it gives casuals more of a chance in the game vs serious players, and Hearthstone is a casual game.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
People complaining about RNG stone, your pleas are falling on deaf ears:

Ben Brode on Twitter:

@HearthTrolden less rng is not the goal!
Interview with Senior Game Designer Ben Brode

At the highest level, many games are being decided by extremely RNG cards, most specifically Nat Pagle, Tinkmaster Overspark, and Ragnaros the Firelord. Among Blizzard developers and balance designers, is there a perceived problem with RNG relating to some of these popular cards?

You know actually I think the randomness can increase the skill required to play a game. If you imagine a game of Hearthstone except you ordered all the cards in your deck, then you could learn every game you play your 1 drop, you play your 2 drop, your 3 drop, your 4 drop, etc...but because it's random, the order you get your cards, you often see game situations that you've seen before or that no one's ever seen before. Really great players can figure out what to do in new situations better than other players. And so cards that increase randomness into the game state actually can increase the amount of skill required to solve novel game states. So I think randomness adds exciting new stories and suspense and it can make the game more skillful if you do it right.

As a followup, some tournaments in the scene are talking about banning cards such as Nat Pagle and Tinkmaster Overspark. Do you support this direction of this change, the community taking a more active role in determining how the game will be played?

I think specifically this change [...] even though these effects can be frustrating sometimes, they don't go your way, I think [the effects] do actually increase the amount of skill required to play the game in some cases. It's cool that people are taking things into their own hands and doing these incredible tournaments. But I personally like those types of effects and those types of cards.
Blizzard: Hearthstone RNG | PCGamesN

TLDR: Blizzard likes RNG, it gives casuals more of a chance in the game vs serious players, and Hearthstone is a casual game.

Personally if I ever meet Ben Brode I'd probably clothesline him down a stairwell.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I really hate the paladin secrets. It pisses me off that there's now a top tier deck using them. They're really shit design compared to the hunter and mage secrets, both of which can be played around much better and can be turned to your advantage. Like you can bounce your Healbot, or give your opponent a Chow that heals you or a Doomsayer he can't react to. Paladin secrets are just mindless and failproof, and you can't check for them the same way. They aren't overpowered or anything, they're just tedious and annoying.