Hearthstone

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Was playing Tempo Mage in the Brawl. Both of us choose the 10 Unstable Portal one. I pull an Antonidas on my first one. By the time he was able to turn my board into murlocs I had four Fireballs in hand. And then after he turned them all to murlocs my next UP gave me Murloc Warleader.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was playing Tempo Mage in the Brawl. Both of us choose the 10 Unstable Portal one. I pull an Antonidas on my first one. By the time he was able to turn my board into murlocs I had four Fireballs in hand. And then after he turned them all to murlocs my next UP gave me Murloc Warleader.
I wonder what keyboard he's buying for a replacement.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Finally got the last legend I wanted and also got my last probable legend from GvG. Time to save some gold! Ladder really need some love but this is the best time to try new decks...unsuccessfully so far though lol.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
What in the fucking fuck, two games back to back with someone playing kezan mystic.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why is that surprising given secret paladin?

Or freeze mage particularly. Stealing their last ice block would have won me so many games where it was a favorable matchup for them.

Loyang_sl

shitlord
Lets just say kezan mystic isnt played much in this meta. Its really not that good even against secret paladin. Its also pretty much a dead card against most classes.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
^ Its a terrible card in most cases. Its a joke against secret paladin(early game its way too easy for paladin to remove a 3 health minion and post turn 6 stealing 1 of their 3-5 secrets accounts for very little), there aren't many hunters and now they don't all run secrets(and again a 3 health minion turn 4 against hunter doesn't do you many favors), the only class its good against is mage. So you're helping yourself in one match up and hurting yourself in every other one. You may as well play hungry crab while you're at it.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
^ Its a terrible card in most cases. Its a joke against secret paladin(early game its way too easy for paladin to remove a 3 health minion and post turn 6 stealing 1 of their 3-5 secrets accounts for very little), there aren't many hunters and now they don't all run secrets(and again a 3 health minion turn 4 against hunter doesn't do you many favors), the only class its good against is mage. So you're helping yourself in one match up and hurting yourself in every other one. You may as well play hungry crab while you're at it.
When there were more hunters it was decent enough. and broke the hunter mirror, and it almost was an auto-win against freeze mage. It's more a card of a different time, when 6/6's didn't pull five secrets out of your deck at once.

Northerner

N00b
It isn't a bad card concept but it came out too early really. Today it would likely be a 2/5 or 3/4 with steal a secret. Hell, maybe a 3/5 with inspire: Steal a Secret.

In the majority of situations I'd rather have a hard removal, BGH or Owl+whatever. Even Flare rarely sees play.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Commong bug or just my luck. Played a match this morning and when the other guy went to play a card the game hung. He never got the warning time was running out and it never switched to my turn. After 5 minutes I just quit to get out.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven't seen it for awhile but its something that's reared its head over and over.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
We had another new player complaining about that recently too. There used to be a bug/exploit where people could force the card to hang up like that, but they fixed it many, many months ago as far as I know, I personally haven't seen it since then. The other thing is you may have disconnected from the battle.net server, if the shit aint roping, close hearthstone and reopen.

Since we've seen a couple of only newer players complain about it and haven't seen any of the vets complaining about it, maybe such a bug still exists, but its easily detectable by warden so those accounts get banned fairly early on and why we never see them.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So sick of trying some new deck ideas in Casual (shaman with Maly and Auctioneer), only to play against copy/pasted netdecks time after time after time. Why play optimized zoo, secret paladin or tempo mage in Casual? FFS people.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know what solution there is to that really, people have tried to brainstorm it a lot but there isn't one. You can blame ranked kinda. Maybe if there was a casual mode that didn't count for dailies...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
We had another new player complaining about that recently too. There used to be a bug/exploit where people could force the card to hang up like that, but they fixed it many, many months ago as far as I know, I personally haven't seen it since then. The other thing is you may have disconnected from the battle.net server, if the shit aint roping, close hearthstone and reopen.

Since we've seen a couple of only newer players complain about it and haven't seen any of the vets complaining about it, maybe such a bug still exists, but its easily detectable by warden so those accounts get banned fairly early on and why we never see them.
Happened on the 2nd round so I really don't see how someone would do it intentially to get out of a game. Or even what the motivation would be in a regular game. I hadn't even played a card yet.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok yeah, in your case it sounds like you just disconnected from the specific battle.net server the match is played on. If you close hs and reopen in time it'll put you back in the match.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I used to have that issue a lot, but it would give this box that said "disconnected from the HS service, reconnecting..." and generally it would reconnect in time for me to finish the turn. Was hella annoying. Bliz forums told everyone asking about it to check a million dumb things on their end even though everyone knew they weren't having issues on other games or doing anything wrong on their network. It seems to have been completely fixed for me recently though, knock on wood. There's been times when it was almost every game. My step-son couldn't even play upstairs over wi-fi because it wouldn't reconnect and he'd lose. Now he's able to play again, so something changed for us at least.