Hearthstone

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Meta is AIDS now. So many games are decided by who draws C'Thun first and who went first (gets to 10 mana first). Time to slowly do quests and hibernate until the nextpac.

Taho

N00b
so I've been playing this game for like 2 years straight and this is by far the most dominate deck I've ever played. Most games I feel like there's just no way I can lose. Not sure what that says about this game but yeah wow. I know, only 50ish games so probably running good but still. r5 atm.
Does Carrion Grub seem to earn its spot in the deck? I get that it's a sweet Houndmaster target, but that can't happen very often.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Grub seems great. Those stats for 3 mana are pretty nuts when fighting for board control. Only idly dead card feels like 2nd unleash since you own the board so much but only matchup I'm not over 50% on is zoo so it probably should stay in. Everything else feels good.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck do we have to wait 1 or 2 more years for entomb to be gone? Seriously fuck that card, as someone who enjoys playing control it is by far the most powerful card ever created in that matchup.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Considering how mediocre priest is in this meta, I hardly think entomb is a problem card. If it wrecks you so hard then you probably aren't playing enough threats in the first place.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think its a problem card because it is'nt nearly as powerful in other matchups, but against any deck thats designed to go into fatigue its more powerful than 8 mana mind control since it also adds another card in their deck to draw and allows them to get benefit of the card's battlecry.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So if double entomb prevents you from winning in fatigue, it sounds to me like you have to be aggressive and win before the game goes into fatigue. That's probably the single most important thing to understand about control vs control matchups, is understanding which deck is more likely to win if it goes to fatigue and adjusting your gameplan accordingly. When I'm playing Renozoth rogue, I'm playing a control deck, but I'm not going to win a long game against pretty much any other control deck. I have no answer to an opposing N'Zoth, and can only answer so many big threats. I have to cycle through my deck quickly to set up the plays that can win me the game before I lose the attrition war.

On an unrelated note, I don't get all the love for tempo warrior. Seems like a trash deck to me, I can't even manage a 50% win rate so far. So incredibly dependent on getting big draw turns with battle rage.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Really nice deck ex-genj. I had a similar one but yours runs a bit smoother. Put in infest instead of trap. It's just way too random now and awful against all the aggro today. Infest is at least some form of draw

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Play Druid. Innervate + Chillmaw. Loses to almost everything else but hilarious vs. Mechwarper.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Play Druid. Innervate + Chillmaw. Loses to almost everything else but hilarious vs. Mechwarper.
I enjoyed ice barrier + fireball against mechwarper...Just mulligan all your fireballs for barriers...Same against innervate + murlock

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
so I've been playing this game for like 2 years straight and this is by far the most dominate deck I've ever played. Most games I feel like there's just no way I can lose. Not sure what that says about this game but yeah wow. I know, only 50ish games so probably running good but still. r5 atm.
Every time I draw Stampeding Kodo it's incredible. Hrm.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Mechwarper + gorillabot has been pretty damned funny. Some of the things I got: fel cannon- which destroyed the other guy's fairy dragons, piloted sky golem- for 1 mana of course, warlock anima golem, and finally mimiron's head for lethal on the next turn.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Pyro+Power Word:Shield beats all the Mech decks 100%. They go for that first amazing turn, you wipe their board, and they have no draw.

Upgrade+Shield Block is funny.

Doomsayer+Fist of Jarraxxus does work vs a lot of decks, just keep playing tempo Doomsayers.

Humility+Forbidden Healing.

There are more combinations than people expected, I think.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mechwarper + gorillabot has been pretty damned funny. Some of the things I got: fel cannon- which destroyed the other guy's fairy dragons, piloted sky golem- for 1 mana of course, warlock anima golem, and finally mimiron's head for lethal on the next turn.
Mimiron's Head with that warrior mech that gives +2/+2 to another mech in my hand was pretty funny

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like gold awards in arena are lower. I almost always get a card or dust now instead of all gold.

Also, they really need to smooth the 6>7 rewards. Getting 80 for 6 and having it double guaranteed for 1 more win is fucking ridiculous.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Krips video today on the Ghandi Brawl-Deck, Humility+Forbidden healing, is pretty soul crushing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
rofl. Just had a control warrior mirror who played monkey pretty early. Managed to hold him off until fatigue. I wreck him with a brawl, he casts Yogg. Yogg casts astral communion.

RIP

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I feel like gold awards in arena are lower. I almost always get a card or dust now instead of all gold.

Also, they really need to smooth the 6>7 rewards. Getting 80 for 6 and having it double guaranteed for 1 more win is fucking ridiculous.
I do feel like this as well. I've had 180 gold for 9 wins way too many times since WoG. I even searched around reddit/forums etc to see if anyone had released some statistics and had noticed the difference. I've also gotten way more regular cards than normal, even at 6 wins, which is something they were supposed to have removed. I had an 11 run with only 280 gold and a golden common, but also another 11 that was 460 gold. So it's hard to tell. I wish since I started with decktracker I hadn't been too lazy to type in my gold numbers so I had some actual stats atm, but still not enough runs to know yet. Who knows.