Hearthstone

Krag

Peasant
I've been playing a control shaman deck this season working on the golden portrait. I played mostly midrange last season, but wanted something different and aggro is just not my cup of tea. It's been a lot of fun, but definitely not any kind of fast.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ok Hearthbros, got a question for you. I've finally built up enough dust to craft a legendary, so I'd like an opinion on what it should be.

Here's my choices in no particular order:

1. Ragnaros - He's popping up in quite a few decks, he's classic set, so no going away = good value long term. Downside is he seems to float in and out of the meta depending on many factors.
2. Sylvanas - Classic set so no going away. Included in tons of decks, especially nzoth decks. I have nzoth, but none of the legendaries to go with him to make nzoth decks really shine, so this would go towards that.
3. Emperor Vek'lor - Enables me to start playing many of the cthun decks, which I haven't really played so far due to not having him. Downside is that many c'thun decks aren't particularly strong in the current meta, but that may change. Plus I don't have nearly the legendaries to play c'thun warrior, druid I could come closer.
4. Fandral - Almost every druid deck has him included, and I'm enjoying druid quite a bit with the ramp effects, since I didn't play druid much pre-WOTOG. Downside is it's a class card so of limited use compared to neutrals of course.
5. Yogg'Saron - Seems like a fun card to have, I have the other 3 old gods, so completes that for OCD purposes. Downside is it only seems good in mage, hunter, and yogg druid, none of which are currently that good, although yogg druid is pretty fun to play IMO. (I've been playing a version of it without yogg).
6. Something else I'm not thinking of?
7. Don't craft anything and wait for the next adventure which is coming in a few months supposedly?

Thanks in advance bros
cool.png

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
You get all the adventure cards regardless once you buy it and pass it, so that shouldn't have any influence on what you craft.

When I started I used to just craft legendaries as I needed them, so figure out what you want to play and craft towards that first. Your top 3 are all good depending on what you want to play.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would say either Rag or Sylvanas. I wouldn't bother with Vek'lor if you don't have the other stuff you need for C'thun warrior, it is by far the best class for C'thun. Yogg is fun but isn't a staple like Rag and Sylvanas are.

Do not buy adventures with gold unless you absolutely can't spare the cash!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
thinking of playing some again, only to get shaman portrait. i need like 400ish wins, agro, mid, ?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ordinarily I'd say aggro but midrange has a better matchup against warrior and warrior is everywhere right now, so it's hard to say. Aggro is a lot simpler and faster games even when you lose though.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've found mid to have more stable matchups across the board than aggro. Aggro is somewhat luck in getting to overwhelm your opponent but of course for ranked purposes you can just win fast and lose fast and spam games.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well keep in mind that aggro shaman has evolved to sort of a hybrid list instead of completely balls to the wall face aggro. The Tempostorm aggro list is running totemics and things, which were not traditionally aggro shaman cards.

axeman_sl

shitlord
It's also because Vitality Totem was rotated out, increasing Tuskarr's odds of giving you a good totem for aggro. Basically you have an almost 50% chance to get an absurd outcome that makes the card bizarrely broken. Totem Golem from an on-curve Tuskarr is practically game-ending on the spot, 6/6 for 3 mana across two minions with no drawback is something nobody can realistically deal with. Flametongue and Mana Tide are both insane tempo as well.

Taunt totem is great as it protects your minions and allows you to accelerate your board which is how shaman wins. The 1/1 totem is decent as well, turning Tuskarr Totemic into a 3-drop with vanilla stats that can't be completely removed with one trade or spell. Healing and spell power totems aren't so great unless you happen to benefit from them at the time, which is rare on turn 3. However, they still accelerate Thing From Below so there's that.

So three out of seven outcomes are mindblowingly broken, two are excellent, and two are a bit poor but still okay. The card has crazy synergy with Flametongue Totem as well. It's a stupid card, that kind of RNG is terrible for the game. Pure randomness determines whether you get a vaguely okay outcome or something worth twice its mana cost. It's like if Possessed Villager's deathrattle also had "40% chance to spawn a Flame Imp instead."

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well keep in mind that aggro shaman has evolved to sort of a hybrid list instead of completely balls to the wall face aggro. The Tempostorm aggro list is running totemics and things, which were not traditionally aggro shaman cards.
Yeah but it still plays generally the same, fast and risky. With mid you have the mana tides to help keep from running out of steam, the hexes to help maintain some board against more controlly decks and the lightning storms to counter other swarming decks. I feel like its a bit of a playstyle choice too, if you like faster decks, or you want to play more of a board and tempo style.

Krag

Peasant
Finally shiny totems. That was a long ass grind.

(And no, I don't play anything resembling a fast shaman deck.)

PVogEx4.jpg

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What are the deck lists for agro and mid Shaman? I think I am playing agro but might be off a few cards.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So sub out the 3 damage for the storms and what is subbed out for the hexs? I would guess the +3 to attack til end of turn?