Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've had a hankering for some old school Handlock, completely realizing it's D or F-tier deck, but damn, having a lot of fun with this homebrew:

rrr_img_136592.jpg

rrr_img_136593.jpg

Have ranked up from 17 to 11 with it currently, might not work well below 10. Have definitely had some blow out losses to Aggro but have won against aggro too, kinda same deal as old Handlock vs Aggro, never was really favored.

One fun game was winning vs C'Thun Warrior where he played a 16/16 C'Thun 3x. Kinda ridiculous and tight game tbh.
Also beating most Dragon Warriors, sometimes they get the god draw though, using Doom after they drop Deathwing can be hilarious.

Usually mulligan for Drakes/Mountains as usual, most decks still can't handle the 8/8 on turn 4. Doomsayer always a great keep against aggro but delays your Giants too, so don't always want it vs non-Aggro. Y'Shaarj is a win-more and can be replaced, I just like using him and he's popped out some game changing shit... Molten Giant, Ragnaros, etc.

Doom was also a fun tech choice, but I'm starting to like it a lot. Saves 2 health as opposed to Tap+Twisting, but Handlock never ran Twisting to begin with. Can be replaced with something else for sure. 2nd Hellfire, Emperor, 2nd Siphon, Ancient Watcher, etc.

If you never played Handlock then don't play this deck, you'll lose rank, it's not super consistent or great
biggrin.png

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I've had a hankering for some old school Handlock, completely realizing it's D or F-tier deck, but damn, having a lot of fun with this homebrew:

Y'Shaarj is a win-more and can be replaced, I just like using him and he's popped out some game changing shit... Molten Giant, Ragnaros, etc.

Doom was also a fun tech choice, but I'm starting to like it a lot. Saves 2 health as opposed to Tap+Twisting, but Handlock never ran Twisting to begin with. Can be replaced with something else for sure. 2nd Hellfire, Emperor, 2nd Siphon, Ancient Watcher, etc.
I liked old Handlock but Renolock is just more fun to me. Getting a Molten/Reno turn was just too fun. Lock is my only golden so I haven't played in a while but I have wanted to play it again. I might use your tech options again just for fun with a Reno deck but Molten was really nerfed hard.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I opened a cho'gall over the weekend so definitely planning on doing some renolock once I'm back to dicking around and after I finish golden shaman.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
31 wins til golden shaman. After that warlock is next closest with ~300 wins I think and after that just need paladin and I'm done. But I'm having too much fun playing yogg druid and I have to play warrior to clear out some quests.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can do it bro! Join the 4500 club!

Incidentally, if I were you, I'd consider grinding golden paladin on wild with either secret or murloc. Paladin is trash tier in standard.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So how long would it take for a burner account to hit twenty levels? Doing four classes to level five sounds pretty easy I guess.

Krag

Peasant
Why do you ask? Some promotion going on?
Murloc alternate hero for shaman.Recruit a friend
It probably takes 2-3 hours? You can get there just playing the innkeeper or (I think) dueling a friend.

Edit: It's been a while so I apparently severely overestimates the time needed. Some people posted they completed it in under an hour.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
New patch has a promotion to gain new portrait for Shaman. "friend" account needs to level to 20.

Edit: Wow how was I 6 minutes late? I guess I had the tab opened for a while lol.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Sooooooooo Hearthstone tournament next week I think, will post sign ups on Thursday. Standard, 3 decks, conquerers format. Any additional twists you guys can think of? I'm batting a couple around.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its unfortunate Shaman lost their unique murloc cards in gvg, pretty much voided anyfin in tgt too. Not that murloc shaman was ever a thing really, but its impossible to make a standard murloc shaman deck that'll have at least 50% win rate past 10, if that.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just lost to a druid who didn't play a single card below 7 cost other than innervate/wild growth/nourish. The game went on awhile as I was playing control warrior so its not that he just got a sick draw and got all his big minions after ramping up nicely, I saw most of his deck. I added him to tell him congrats, congrats on finally winning a game with that retarded deck, but he just responded "thanks!" after the congrats so I couldn't do it, whether he was trolling or not.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like Morgl takes about the same amount of time as Liadrin, and they put about as much effort into him. Unique emotes, very slightly different hero power animation.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Seems like Morgl takes about the same amount of time as Liadrin, and they put about as much effort into him. Unique emotes, very slightly different hero power animation.
Was pretty quick, and it doesn't have to be a brand new account, just one that hasn't hit 20. I had a few alt accounts from raf stuff in hots and getting the fireside card back that I used. It was already level 10 and a single arena run finished it for me.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'm currently patching, can someone explain this alt hero thing? You have to sign up with refer a friend and then level the account? Seems crappy if that's only way to get it.

Rime

<Donor>
I'm currently patching, can someone explain this alt hero thing? You have to sign up with refer a friend and then level the account? Seems crappy if that's only way to get it.
Pretty much. It is intended as a way to reward you for inviting a friend to play the game.

But you can just RAF yourself. Play through the god awful tutorial, then unlock the 9 Classes. Then you just have to get 11 more levels. In reality, if you play the mage to 5 doing the Unlock class process, then swap to another, you will have 16-17 levels. So just do a couple of regular matches or your freebie arena run. Takes maybe 3 hours to do it all, while playing WoW or watching a movie in another tab.