Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"I have limited play time so I insist on completing my quests in the most inefficient way possible."

Thanks, makes more sense now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's the fact that the quests are dumb for people who just want to play ladder or who DO have limited play time. They are trying to force deck and card variety with these quests, instead of y'know, having actually better card design. Lazy route. Hell, the old class quests are a weaker version of that same thing, there'd be even fewer priests and rogues out there if those quests didn't stack up sometimes.

• 1Like

Lusiphur

Peasant
"I have limited play time so I insist on completing my quests in the most inefficient way possible."

Thanks, makes more sense now.
Nice try at a strawman but you missed the point by a mile. Efficiency here is completing the quests while playing a few competitive games on the ladder (Wild or Standard).

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Most of the new quests can be played competitively on the ladder. When you look at control Warr, isn't it mostly full of Warr cards? Same with versions of Shammy, Hunter, Lock, Priest, and Pally. I understand the Murloc one sucks ass and the taunt, inspire and enrage quests won't ever be for competitive but those quests outside the murloc one suck. You probably need a wider variety of competitive decks.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know how anyone can hate the murloc one. Load up a ton of murlocs and just spam them until you have a quick easy 100 gold. What's not to like? You don't even have to win, that's what makes all these such easy money.

Which, you know, is the entire point. Every single one of these allows you to get gold without having a competitive collection. Its obviously designed for new players to be able to get gold without being too frustrated banging their head against the wall trying to beat refined netdecks. That's good for the health of the game, people are more likely to start and stay rather than start and give up because they feel too far behind.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Look fucksticks. These quests are shit. If the game designer's goal was to alienate paying customers play almost daily to complete a quest or two, they have succeeded. Do you really want the game to have less players? Is that the goal? Fucking dumb.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I don't know how anyone can hate the murloc one. Load up a ton of murlocs and just spam them until you have a quick easy 100 gold. What's not to like? You don't even have to win, that's what makes all these such easy money.

Which, you know, is the entire point. Every single one of these allows you to get gold without having a competitive collection. Its obviously designed for new players to be able to get gold without being too frustrated banging their head against the wall trying to beat refined netdecks. That's good for the health of the game, people are more likely to start and stay rather than start and give up because they feel too far behind.

I found your view on this unconvincing so far, and I dislike most of those new quests and might roll many away. However, the point you make here is spot on. Most old quests require wins, which can be disheartening for new players. In that light they are a good addition to the quest pool.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
What happens when you go to the link? I don't facebook

EDIT Found this over on reddit

This link goes to the Hearthstone Facebook in Facebook messenger, which you can chat with. This was my conversation.

Important pictures in an imgur album

The drinks he might give you (there might exist more).

• Well, well. Haven't seen your face around here before. What do I call you?
  • x? Sounds foreign.
  • Well, anyway.. welcome to Gadgetzan. I'm Talan.
  • picture
  • So.. what are you doing here? You a tourist? Heard about that new dinosaur skeleton?
  • Huh. I dunno. You seem pretty touristy to me.
  • Okay okay.. down to business. I got ale, and more ale. But I might be able to stir up something fancier if you gimme a good challenge. What do you want to drink?
  • x?... What's in that?
  • What?! What kind of four-star joint do you think I run around here. I can't afford to stock that stuff.
  • Look, Dr, how about I make you a special drink? A proper Gadgetzan welcome to show what a nice place this is with the nicest people? Yeah. That's what I'll do.
  • Okay, for you...this is the Goblin's Wobble. Hold on....
  • Here ya go....
  • picture
  • Gonna give it a taste?
  • Hey, well.. trying it gets you points. At least you're not a coward. Maybe I can trust you... ....even if you are new in town.
  • Right. So.. tuck into that Goblins Wobble and lemme tell you something...
  • Listen to me... Gadgetzan ain't what it looks like.
  • We got all kindsa new businesses opening up, selling who knows what...I mean, this guy... a businessman!?
  • picture
  • And the new manager at the bank? Uhh... I'm not sure how he's gonna handle our money.... picture
  • But there's other stuff going on right out in the open and people don't even notice...
  • picture
  • Look at that. Tell me what's going on there?
  • Okay okay. I'll go slow for you. See that woman right there.. looking at that guy right there... would you say she looks happy to see him?
  • No. The answer is no. That girl's looking like she wants to destroy that big guy. And each of them's gotta crew who looks like they're ready to throw down, too, don't they? What does that say to you?
  • Okay okay, I get it. Noodles aren't cooking as quickly as they should. Too bad. I thought we were getting somewhere.
  • Look.. why don't you sit there for a bit.. take a break, rest your noggin, and I'll uh... just get back to you in a few min.
  • Okay.. Here's the thing.
  • You're a little slow, but I still think you could work out for a little... opportunity coming up.
  • Let's call it a little test.
  • Just a few casual questions I use to, uh.....size a person up. See how they might best fit into, uh, operations around here.
  • Whatdya say? You game?
  • Like I said.. I got my ways of sizing people up. So just.. be yourself and answer honestly.. or hey.. be someone else and lie. I don't care that much. This ain't for me.
  • Got it? Here we go. 1st question.

• What does power mean to you: 1) Wits 2) Strength 3) Worship (I went with worship)

• That's cute. Being adored, revered by people. Means a lot to you, does it?

• Don't get me wrong - I've never had anyone worship me, but it must be nice. Course, then you're responsible for your minions... not sure I'd want that kinda pressure.

• Someone wants to destroy you... what do you do 1) Rally your crew 2) Destroy them first 3) Talk them out of it (I went with Rally)

• Wow, so you'd rope your pals into helping you, huh? And then what?

• Hmm. Maybe you're right. You got a target on your back, best thing is to gather more people around you so maybe they get hit first? Huh. I like it.

• Choose an Abode: 1) Mud Hut 2) Volcanic Lair 3) Ark (I went with Volcanic Lair)

• Really? I grew up near a volcano. Sure, it was hot, but at least it was a dry heat. I don't do humidity.

• You can only save one... who will it be? 1) Priest 2) Scholar 3) Warrior (I went with Priest)

• Very holy of you. Lemme guess.. you think if you save him, he'll "save" you later?

• Don't get me wrong. My philosophy is to never tick off the true believers.. just in case they end up being right.

• I feel the best when I've... 1) Slaughtered Enemies 2) Clear My Mind 3) Indulged My Vices (I went with Slaughtered Enemies)

• Yeah? Feel accomplished? Proud of yourself for being such a bloodthirsty maniac, huh?

• No no, it's fine by me. I'll watch any fight that ain't taking place in my tavern.

• What is the most powerful? 1) Fists 2) Words 3) Feelings (I went with Words)

• Smart answer. Is there a particular word you think is especially powerful.. like..a magic word?

• No.... Eeesh. You're good. That made my boils pulse.

• I'm most relaxed when I'm 1) Meditating 2) Working On A Puzzle 3) Fighting Someone (I went with Working on A Puzzle)

• Whoa whoa. We talking puzzle pieces or like.. stuff with numbers?

• Oh yeah! Me too!

• No, actually. You lost me.

• My favorite kind of story has... 1) Lots of Plot Twists 2) Lots of Romance 3) Lots of Horror (I went with Plot Twists)

• Oh yeah? You like the "gotcha" moments, do ya?

• Easy there with the language, pal. You make enemies talking like that in a place like this. (I said mind fuck and he apparently recognises the swear word)

• Yeah. Well don't let it happen again. (I apologized)

• Read the one where the guy thought he was a bastard, but turns out he's the legitimate son of a dragon prince? Man I can't wait for the next book.

• You have 5 minutes until an appointment so you... 1) Sharpen Your Knife 2) Brainstorm 3) Watch People (I went with Brainstorm)

• You do strike me as the busy-mind type. Lots of thoughts going on in there. Some of them maybe even smart.

• I'm bored when I have... 1) Nothing To Read 2) No One to Challenge 3) No Music (I went with challenge)

• Always an argument with you. You gotta learn how to relax more - you'll live longer.

• Actually around here, that's no guarantee

• How do you express affection? 1) Gifts 2) Action 3) Words (I went with Action)

• Oh yeah? What kind?

• Yikes! Try doing that in the cages and see what happens.

• I'd rather die... 1) With all the answers 2) With a bloody sword 3) quietly in my sleep (I chose Answers)

• All of 'em, huh? Would you tell anyone what you knew before you kicked it?

• Most people wouldn't be generous with that amount of knowledge. But eh, they'd be dead regardless, I guess.

• Well.. I think I have all the information I need. You're.. well, you're not as useless as I thought. I have some people in mind who might want to meet you down the line. You gonna be around Gadgetzan for a while?

• Well, either way, I'll be able to find you. Like I said... with an opportunity. Of sorts.

• In the meantime, keep on the look out for what's really going on around here, Dr, yeah? You might learn something. See ya.

• That was Last Call, meatheads!
And that seems to be the entire conversation. It looks like the expansion is Mafia/Gang themed?

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I think this expansion is going to have some kind of neutral class cards, like maybe they can used by multiple classes. They changed ethereal peddler's wording and said it was to make it work better with future cards.
So, for example, a spell/minion that can be used by Rogue, mage and warrior, and it's 'class' is 'steamweedle cartel' or something like that. The info so far has been about a unbreakable vault, and a barkeep talking about crime/gang stuff. Sounds like they are sort of tapping into the goblins vs gnomes flavor again, but this time more about heists and mafia style stuff. Maybe there is two factions, and their cards can be used by certain classes each.
It would make balancing easier, in a way. While some cards are better or worse with different classes, it would still even the playing field a bit if multiple classes had access to the same cards. Imagine if firelands portal had been mage/priest/warlock when it comes to arena balancing, or spirit claws was shaman/rogue/mage/druid for constructed. We'd have more archetypes showing up at the very least.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, goblin town would fit in with neutrals, since neutral auction house and all that.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Shared class cards sounds like a bad idea. Classes need their own identity and unique playstyle.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Blizzard can't balance the fucking game as it is, there's absolutely no way they could balance something like that.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think Factions is reasonable. Horde & Alliance cards. It's "Shared Class Cards" but with a different name

(main issue is the multi-hero per class thing screwing up the factions)

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess I didn't realize just how bad the game has become until watching the world championship yesterday. Almost every game was won on a totally random card. Before I guess I just chalked it up to I'm unlucky, but watching people totally undeserving of a win get one on the world stage - it's no wonder hs viewership is down.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Expanding on Faction restricted cards, what if they decide to actually make Heroes mean something.

For example Garrosh can use Horde cards and Magni can use Alliance cards.

Would be a nice kick in the nuts.

• 1Like