Hearthstone

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Here's a Jade Battlecry Shaman I had an idea for, based on the old battlecry shaman I was playing pre WOTOG. You can get some good effects going with Brann, and all of the jade stuff means you can refill the board pretty easily after a clear, typically.

It seems like it could have potential, not sure yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Let me tell you, I just LOVE losing a control match up because the one fucking minion they get from cuntress paleface the turn they play her is anub'arak. Makes for a really fun and interactive feeling game.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So I crafted Kazakus because he is super OP but i'm worried that when Reno cycles out he will be out.

Is the consensus that Arya is definitely a must have?

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
So I crafted Kazakus because he is super OP but i'm worried that when Reno cycles out he will be out.
They have gone all in on this card type, there's no way they'd leave Reno's role vacant.

I vote for a neutral 6 mana hero card with 30 health. You face Jarackson! Reno Lord of the developed this shit into a corner Legion!

• 1Like

MossyBank

N00b
Anyone know what sets they are rotating out? And when? I thought the year of the Kraken is supposed to end at the end of December? So a new year stats in Jan? And is it Black Rock Mountain, and The Grand Tournament, and League of Explorer's that rotate out of Standard?

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
BRM, TGT, and LOE rotate when the next set comes out.. which is probably in February, I think.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
They have gone all in on this card type, there's no way they'd leave Reno's role vacant.

I vote for a neutral 6 mana hero card with 30 health. You face Jarackson! Reno Lord of the developed this shit into a corner Legion!

I sure hope so. I'm having a blast with Reno Dragon Priest and Reno Mage (no inkmaster).

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So WotOG is gonna be around for a while? Just trying to decide what cards to make.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe it is odd luck but the dailies seem to have reverted back to the older model since the expansion. I had 3 win with a class in a row.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's funny trying to explain to people whose first CCG/TCG is Hearthstone why Patches is so ridiculously strong. It was the first legendary my gf opened and I told her how lucky she was (she doesn't get that many packs) and she was so cute cocking her head at me trying to understand. Even better players have a really hard time comprehending it. Oh and on another note BatStone #2 - Official Information Thread • /r/hearthstone

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I sure hope so. I'm having a blast with Reno Dragon Priest and Reno Mage (no inkmaster).
Even without a replacement, at least for priest reno deck would still work, just slap a greater heal potion instead, a 12 heal is in general good enough to win. Obviously you don't get a body, so you might need to make a few more adjustments, but the deck is strong enough that it doesn't rely that much on Reno other than current pirate warrior bullshit to recover from the start and potion does that well enough after you used a few board clears. Reno mage on the other hand that's another problem, same for Renolock.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
When sets rotate out , whole landscape changes again, power curve goes back down. Also, maybe devs mix it up after getting 1 year of feedback. Maybe the basic set doesn't get auto-included and they make an "Evergreen set". Maybe some old cards come back to standard like Belcher/Healbot/Pre-nerf Moltens.

Far too early to speculate, but I do believe "Reno" decks will exist without Reno in some form. Renolock might die but Priest for sure has some tools. The other Reno cards are all fairly strong, especially Kazakus. I've been playing Savj Renolock tonight and even Krul has proven to be super strong. I did not expect that... I was very harsh on Krul.

Ill be sad to lose Elise too. Elise decks are super fun.
Just going through some of the sets, we'll be losing:

LOE: Uldaman, Anyfin, Forgotten Torch, Raven Idol, Entomb, Tomb Pillager, TUNNEL TROGG, Dark Peddler, RENO, ELISE, Brann, Finley

TGT: Living Roots, Arcane Blast, Wyrmwrest Agent, Ancestal Knowledge, Elemental Destruction, TOTEM GOLEM, Healing Wave, Tuskarr Totemic, THUNDERBLUFF VALIANT, Bash, Argent Horserider, Refreshment Vendor, TWILIGHT GUARDIAN, JUSTICAR TRUEHEART, Chillmaw

BRM: Quick Shot, FLAMEWAKER, Twilight Whelp, Lava Shock, IMP GANG BOSS, Blackwing Tech, Blackwing Corrupter, EMPEROR THAURISSAN

• Paladin loses almost nothing of importance, same with Hunter and Warrior (except Justicar)
  • Druid loses some early game.
  • Priest gets gutted again. Dragon deck dies and they also lose Entomb.
  • Shaman get absolutely destroyed. Lose all the tools for both Aggro and Control decks.
  • No Reno kills Renolock most likely as they lack healing again. Losing Imp Gang Boss and Dark Peddler hurt but Zoo is resilient and will find replacements.
  • Losing Justicar makes Control Warrior suck harder.
  • No Emperor will change some things, mainly Freeze Mage and the Maly decks that have sprung up.
  • Tempo Mage ceases to exist without flamewaker.

Edit: And I predict March/April for next release. Closer to April imo. However they've been going Expansion/Adventure/Expansion/Adventure... and they said next full Expansion will change Seasons.
Quickest release time seems to be ~4 months. So in April we should get another full expansions which will be the first time we get back-to-back expansions, unless they change things.

Standard format - Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Wiki
The current selection of Standard card sets is updated when the first new expansion each year is released.[1] At this point, Standard format will be updated to include only card sets added to the game in the current or previous calendar year, as well as the Basic and Classic sets. Cards from older card sets will no longer be available in Standard format. This will mark the start of the new "Standard year". The first Standard year is known as the Year of the Kraken.[1]

Expansions are major additions to the main game of Hearthstone. Expansions bring larger amounts of cards to the game than adventures,[1] with the former featuring around 145 cards and the latter only around 30.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ex-genj

Golden Squire
^^ good post will see if they stick to "expansions" changing standard, can't imagine they can "replace" all of those cards in ~40 picks.

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow looking at that list of cards, Shaman will indeed get crushed.

I'll have to try a Reno Priest tomorrow. For tonight I was playing a fun and fast Hunter deck.

[Eazy rank 5] Midrange-Beast Hunter! - Hearthstone Decks

It can beat pirate warrior but it's not easy. Can also beat Jade Druids seems like.
Dash, what are your thoughts on a variant of that deck - no traps, no weapon:
upload_2016-12-6_0-44-15.png

I can't tell if the Scavenging Hyenas are winning me games, or just win-more cards. When you end up with hijinks like Tundra Rhino down+buffed rat pack, you can end up with some ridiculous dmg VERY quickly. In a mirror match, the other guy dropped a Han Cho-buffed Highmane when I only had 11 hp left and started spamming GG. I had a Rhino down, dropped Trogg, buffed my now 5/5 rat pack, and my hyena. Hyena grows to 14 damage while I just keep running my mice into his uber Highmane, and he conceded before the killshot.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just had a guy drop the 5 mana 2/2 summon 2 copies as a 10/10 while I had an empty board playing Reno Priest, and I still won. Aldor > Cabal first turn, he played 2 more minions I MCT a 10/10 and dropped Reno. Then was able to just take control back slowly and keep healing up and won.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
^^ good post will see if they stick to "expansions" changing standard, can't imagine they can "replace" all of those cards in ~40 picks.
My other thought is we get an adventure in April and this Kraken season goes till august or September when next expansion is due.

Or they ramp up production and get us an adventure in 2 months and then expansion in June.

With over 200 cards being removed it doesn't seem likely that they'll change standard on an adventure release. it'll just remove decks and not add much unless they have another hit like LOE.

Right now we can probably be sure that jade decks will be the norm for a while. jade druid will lose almost nothing whereas dragon priest and renolock will die.

• 1Like