Hearthstone

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
A different game.

I hate to say it but this is true. We have hit that point. Now, if someone had started two months ago, did their dailies, and saved the whole time while getting the 5 extra free packs, it wouldn't be so bad but today? No chance. If you can manage playing bad decks for a month, there is zoo and face hunter but you still need around 1200 dust to be competitive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
nah this is perfect time for someone to start... new season just began, it's the least amount of cards in standard right now. Wait till the meta shakes out, see what looks fun and then work on building toward that deck. You do not need to obtain every damn card and decks range from 2,500-10,000 dust. Just start learning the game and don't waste dust or gold right now until we see where things land.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
nah this is perfect time for someone to start... new season just began, it's the least amount of cards in standard right now. Wait till the meta shakes out, see what looks fun and then work on building toward that deck. You do not need to obtain every damn card and decks range from 2,500-10,000 dust. Just start learning the game and don't waste dust or gold right now until we see where things land.

Only true with lots of patience and low expectations out of the gate. There are very few truly competitive decks that don't cost at least a few k in dust. That takes some time with FTP unless this person is playing all the time. With no more adventures, it will be hard to do much to expand you options before the next expansion changes it completely up again.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was also referring to Blizzard not looking like they are learning from mistakes. The DisguisedToast video on the previous page is proof of that.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I was also referring to Blizzard not looking like they are learning from mistakes. The DisguisedToast video on the previous page is proof of that.

Just have to play quest rogue one good game to see that. Played a discover priest who used 4 dragon potions to beat me. It was still a close game.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Decided to poke in after a while - I'm still confused how I used to find it fun or why anyone can anymore. Figured I could enjoy it after a break and a meta shift from rotation, but nope - still just as bored by it as when I quit before.

Eternal has spoiled me I guess.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Quest rogue is pure cancer. Turn 4 he gets his quest done and drops a 16/16 Edwin van cleef.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Hah and we were worried about jades!

It is just going to be pirate warrior and shaman in the end again. Jade inevitability has nothin' on rogue or mage right now.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I gave up on buffadin, it was 100% against pirate warriors, 6-0, but too inconsistent against other stuff.

Made a highlander mage that I am having impressive luck with... no idea how it fares against extreme aggro or quest rogue, but am 9-3 (75% win rate) against random stuff right now and just got Rank 4.

The warriors have been taunt warriors.
Paladins / Druid / Shaman / Rogue matches were closest thing to aggro but didn't seem too bad.
Hardest matches were against Handlock and the losses were all close.
Only stomp was the Mage playing a tempo version and just nuked my face every turn.

kazotk.JPG

You're not trying to rush quest or setup a specific OTK combo, you're just trying to keep board clear for a while and wait until you can piece together an OTK. It can happen multiple ways, most of the time it requires using the Quest but it's not necessary if you have Iceblock up and can just do a 2-turn kill with Alex/Fireballs/Pyro etc.

Lots and lots of combos and every match is different.

kaz1.JPG

kaz2.JPG

• 1Like

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I sat down and played a mid range-ish discard lock for about 5 hours today. There is just nothing like that deck I've ever played. The difference between getting your discard effects where you want them is such an enormous swing. And it happens every single game, without fail. Truely some of the most cover your eyes and hope for the best shit you'll ever experience.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
wow this stupid faggoty rogue quest shit might get me to finally just uninstall this garbage game.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
just took a quest rogue to fatigue and won with my mage deck lol.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Dog just said on stream he has a quest mage with Alarm-o-Bot... makes sense, holy shit. Alarm-o-Bot, malygos combo

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
haha suckered Rav into a wild duel with his standard deck, and he still had me on the ropes at one point and managed to hold on til we were just shy of fatigue before I finally ground him down.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
The funny thing is that vanish wasn't even ideal there since he didn't follow up with 15 face damage like the rogues I face always do.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really dislike the OTK Mage deck. Its more annoying than freeze mage. So much stalling then wombo comboed from full health.

• 1Like