Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636587427336104490.png

Looks pretty good to me. 2/2 is weak for 4 mana, but puts a 3 cost secret into play, which has the potential to be really good (Discover mechanic implies it will be mage only secrets, not any class).

Even more evidence for a spiteful mage archetype incoming.

Yea it would be good in a Spiteful deck, still get some secrets without ruining the Spiteful RNG. 2/2 body for an extra 1 mana (and inability to exactly select the secret), is worth it. Seems good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
636587427336104490.png

Looks pretty good to me. 2/2 is weak for 4 mana, but puts a 3 cost secret into play, which has the potential to be really good (Discover mechanic implies it will be mage only secrets, not any class).

636587160100399035.png

I agree with both of you. An elemental spite deck would be pretty powerful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636587160100399035.png

I agree with both of you. An elemental spite deck would be pretty powerful.
I'm not sure that this is better than the "discover an elemental" dude. And even he isn't played in most of the decks I think. But card draw is typically strong, so maybe.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If Spiteful is one of your higher win conditions that card is better. Plus there are tons of bad elementals too, so a card in your deck is probably worth more.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So just FYI about Spiteful.

After Rotation, there will be only 4 minions at 10 cost... unless we get more this expansion (none revealed yet).
Tyrantus
Deathwing
Ultrasaur
Sea Giant

So Spiteful with 10 cost in deck is going to be a lot stronger.

--

Also, I was toying with deckbuilder, and I'm not sold that Spiteful in mage will work. Mainly because the draw 3 minion card is a 2 mana spell, and it's going to fuck you up more often then not. Either Spiteful will pick it, or it's going to discard some big spells.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I mean if you spiteful you just don't play that card
yes well, you're not going to play Spiteful if you have 0 card draw or much AoE. Priest get away with it cause their 10 cost is board control and they have the dragon AoE.
Elementals also have battlecries/AoE to help board control, but you need card draw which is why when they started pushing this "minion mage" deck, I suggested maybe you could throw in Spiteful. But I'm thinking just a straight up Elemental deck is better

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm mostly happy with this list so far, no Spitefuls:
I have 2 flex right now that I threw a Witch's Cauldron & Toki in.... if I'm cutting most spells, at least I can generate some Shaman spells.
My only spells are the 4 Freeze spells.. and the Book of Specters
Just need to get to Jaina.

Dollmaster+Book of Specters
  • 7 mana
  • up to 5/9 total stats
  • Looking for Pyros, Witch's Cauldron, Applebaum, Geddon* (you'll still have 3/5 in stats on board and might clear some opponent stuff, and if you're in DK, you get a heal)
  • If you pull Doomsayer, it'll be a 1/1, can ping it if on 9 mana, or maybe opponent will
Arugal+Book of Specters for the value.
Toki is here for the fun

WIP Elemental Mage - Hearthstone Decks
WIP Elemental Mage

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
From Reddit: (Not on Hearthpwn yet, dunno if these are real yet)

L6beeZ3xCLpqq4S7MXPp7c1_8CrZzuza3Tkkqbyme4g.png

If real....
Prince Liam is a nice way to prevent many "bad" draws after you get past turn 2-3. How many 1-cost will Paladin play though. It's cute, but the "dude deck" is dying and I'm seeing just the 1/1 taunt as the main 1-drop. Handbuff also dies with rotation. I'm skeptical that this sees much play.

Shudderwock will be insane. I hope his effect isn't canceled if he's killed/evolved. Battlecries can do so much. I easily see this in an evolve deck. He can summon a 2/3 taunt then evolveX2 himself+ the taunt, among other things. I'm sure there will be some broken ass combo that can come from this. I hope the battlecries are triggered in order so you can strategically play out your cards/deck to maximize this effect.

• 2Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
From Reddit: (Not on Hearthpwn yet, dunno if these are real yet)

L6beeZ3xCLpqq4S7MXPp7c1_8CrZzuza3Tkkqbyme4g.png

If real....
Prince Liam is a nice way to prevent many "bad" draws after you get past turn 2-3. How many 1-cost will Paladin play though. It's cute, but the "dude deck" is dying and I'm seeing just the 1/1 taunt as the main 1-drop. Handbuff also dies with rotation. I'm skeptical that this sees much play.

Shudderwock will be insane. I hope his effect isn't canceled if he's killed/evolved. Battlecries can do so much. I easily see this in an evolve deck. He can summon a 2/3 taunt then evolveX2 himself+ the taunt, among other things. I'm sure there will be some broken ass combo that can come from this. I hope the battlecries are triggered in order so you can strategically play out your cards/deck to maximize this effect.
Maybe I'm being too hopeful, but Shudderwock feels to me like the devs learned a lesson from Yogg. The power of the effect is cool and exciting - but the randomness was too problematic. This one maintains that same idea, but makes the randomness much more controllable and able to be framed by the conditions that you choose to set up. It will probably mostly be used for one or two very specific battlecries that are only put in the deck for this specific purpose (like how no one uses spiteful for anything other than spiteful decks)... but it feels like progress.

ON THE OTHER HAND:

....yes, I'm aware of all the dumb new random cards. =/

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously you're supposed to play the shitty elemental that reduces the cost of other elementals by 1 at some point before, then play the 2 drop shitty Brann Elemental +that dude on the same turn and get ALL THE BATTLECRIES.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This is a froglok hydrologist except you get to play the secret for free right away. This is an utterly ridiculous card. It's "discover a secret" and then play it so your opponent can't know from previous secrets what it is, which is far more threatening with the mage secrets than the shitty paladin ones and for the remaining 1 mana it puts a 2/2 on the board.

No way at that shaman card. Jade shaman?

Jade is rotating, and wild jade shaman isn't even a good deck. This one card won't save it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think the Mage secret guy is likely to be nuts, also the reason Ice Block is going HoF

• 2Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If Shudderwock is played after Chain gang, what minion with that battlecry summon as a copy?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If Shudderwock is played after Chain gang, what minion with that battlecry summon as a copy?

I was seeing this "theorycraft" on reddit too, and I have no idea what they are thinking, but the Battlecry simply states: Summon a 1/1 of all other minions.
So Shudderwock will never copy himself, you would just get another 1/1 chain gang with battlecry to summon a 2/3.

Right now my ideal battlecries to fit in a deck with Shudderwock are:

2x Witch's Apprentice
2x Stonehill Defender
2x Twilight Drake
2x Primordial Drake
1x Lone Champion

== Draw 4 cards, Deal 4 damage to all other minions, give yourself Taunt, Divine Shield, and 8+ health

Other nice but not necessary:
Chain gang for an extra 2/3 taunt x2
Kalimos for an Evocation (if you can choose then is a must play)
Firefly for x2 more cards which grants 2 more health to himself
Hot spring guardian for a chance to heal 3-6.

I see the card as a "draw/create card + board clear" minion.

Trying to return him or evolve a board, etc, seem too janky.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Firebat had a vid about a "Hand Druid" archetype being a thing going forward. Looks like these cards confirm that.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Witchwood piper looks really interesting. A copy in resurrect priest helps find Barnes. Will definitely experiment with in standard.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Witchwood piper looks really interesting. A copy in resurrect priest helps find Barnes. Will definitely experiment with in standard.
And then Barnes summons a 1/1 witchwood piper :)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users