Hearthstone

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only ranks 15-10, but I went through those ranks w/ only 1 loss w/ that baku pirate rogue. Lots of paladin and the deck does seemingly well against it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well hit Rank 3 with above druid deck, only 3 losses today with it, am 12-3 or something.
Last game was nuts. Faced a Hadronox Druid, it went to Fatigue. I usually dont rewatch replays but did this one. Too much shit happening once past turn 8. I made some suboptimal plays for sure. 2 Bloodlusts helped and some Unstable Evolution into the new 8 mana tree that deathrattles into smaller trees, and a blademaster...
Ravishing vs. Cidernate - HSReplay.net

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Having a lot of fun with Hadronox druid. Cubing a Hadronox you summoned for only 3 mana is just good old fashioned bullshit.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Probably the most AIDs meta this game has ever had. Think I am done with it.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Probably the most AIDs meta this game has ever had. Think I am done with it.

Well it's Hearthstone lol... every meta is "AIDS".
Un'Goro really was the best meta I think due to how many different classes had a viable deck... but we still had Quest Rogue which was absolute cancer.
It really takes a month to see what will happen.
This Hadronox Druid list could be something that puts a halt to the aggro, and if true, it means other control lists open up that can counter Hadronox Druid.

Also there's a Spiteful Druid list with nearly same win rate as Paladin: Spiteful Druid - HSReplay.net

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The strangest thing about this expansion is how few cards I want from it. Looking down the lists of popular decks, I’ll probably craft a Baku and maybe nightmare amalgams or voodoo dolls. Other than that the holes in my collection are from previous expansions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I need Baku mainly, but also want Glinda.
Also I think Darius is good for most warrior decks, I need him too.

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On a whim, I took my 3300 dust and tried making Even Paladin from HSReplays. Got most of the way, but the 4 or 5? Legendaries were a roadblock. Will try and fill into it some other like minions of same power or whatever and give it a shot for some fun.

And whoa, being able to import decks is bloody amazing!!

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
People think I'm insane but I think Mid range shaman was the best meta. I don't remember which expansion that was

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've been alternating on aggro odd Rogue (for Gold Portrait) and it's interesting to play along with my Spiteful Priest deck. I can climb okay with them but the Paladin Baku Deck is just so fucking mindless and boring to play.

This is a relatively shitty meta because you essentially need double silence and max board clears in every single deck to hope to deal with Cube/Control Lock and Baku Aggro Paladin. Which are by far the strongest decks right now.

Un'Goro remains the best expansion they ever did.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
So, in the end, i think that Ravishing was right in his initial hunter prediction, in that Spell Hunter (just Rhok'delar + spells) would be the best Hunter deck. In my latest attempt to make/play some decks, i tried some shenanigans with Cubes and Kathrena, but it was terrible.

I've since switched to playing Druid and Priest Spiteful decks and... holy shit, what a broken card Spiteful Summoner is. Now with the rotation of the Old Gods, your 10 mana rolls on UI and MC are fucking nuts! 8/8 is the worst minion you can get and there's 3 12/12s...

Shudderwock is a meme deck. I watched Kripp OTK some dude and it took like 20 minutes to finish the animation. Surely it'll get changed, but i don't see it being any good, in any event.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shudderwock isn't a good deck (so far), it's just a terrible implementation of something. HS has always had an issue with drawn out animations and animation time and Shudderwock really shows it off :p It's similar to when people played Noz and abused animations to eat enemy turns, this just requires slightly less micro management and takes way longer to win.

The actual backend interactions take 0 seconds to process, they just need to have everything HAPPEN with Shudder much much much much much much much faster.

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
This is not an optimal deck, but somehow I've gone 7-0 with it (Rank 7&8). 5 warlocks and 2 even paladins. I'm loving Dollmaster, definitely my pick for sleeper in the set.

### Quest Suckiness
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 1x (1) Awaken the Makers
# 2x (1) Crystalline Oracle
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (3) Mind Control Tech
# 2x (3) Voodoo Doll
# 2x (4) Duskbreaker
# 2x (4) Mass Dispel
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 2x (5) Carnivorous Cube
# 1x (5) Dollmaster Dorian
# 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 2x (6) Bone Drake
# 1x (7) Psychic Scream
# 2x (7) Wyrmguard
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
#
AAECAZ/HAgTJwgKWxALo0ALC8QIN+wHeBdYK8gzVwQLJxwLHywLmzAKL4QLL5gKM7wK38QLF8wIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• 2Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is not an optimal deck, but somehow I've gone 7-0 with it (Rank 7&8). 5 warlocks and 2 even paladins. I'm loving Dollmaster, definitely my pick for sleeper in the set.

### Quest Suckiness
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 1x (1) Awaken the Makers
# 2x (1) Crystalline Oracle
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (3) Mind Control Tech
# 2x (3) Voodoo Doll
# 2x (4) Duskbreaker
# 2x (4) Mass Dispel
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 2x (5) Carnivorous Cube
# 1x (5) Dollmaster Dorian
# 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 2x (6) Bone Drake
# 1x (7) Psychic Scream
# 2x (7) Wyrmguard
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
#
AAECAZ/HAgTJwgKWxALo0ALC8QIN+wHeBdYK8gzVwQLJxwLHywLmzAKL4QLL5gKM7wK38QLF8wIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
Hahaha - so I hadn't thought about it, until you put it here, and I'm sure it's mostly just a win-more condition, but if someone has Spiritsinger Umbra on the board, (which I have seen stick quite a few times, playing as Spiteful vs. cubelock), then they can cube something and then voodoo doll the cube on turn 10 to do.... gross things.

Warlock weapon pulls Doomguard. Doomguard gets cubed, and 2 more pop out with Spiritsinger on board. Voodoo doll pops out 2 more, and then you Dark Pact your Voodoo doll for 4 more. I've been playing a White Lady Priest, which commonly ends up having multiple 12/12 taunts on the board vs. Cubelock. I can imagine me feeling very confident going into turn 10, having been unable to kill the Spiritsinger, but being like, "hey, I got 24 health spread across 2 taunts that he'd have to eat through in order to get to my face, so even if he Siphon Souls one of them, I'm safe."

Again, if someone is leaving Spiritsinger on the board, you've probably already won no matter what as a cubelock, but still.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
My biggest complaint about the game when I think about it from an objective position is simply there is so little interactivity or back and forth. So many decks like the Shudderwock one isn't about outplaying your opponent. It's simply how long can I stall the game to cheese a win.

Then you also look at the power creep of cards which honestly has gotten way the fuck out of hand. They have had to create more and more powerful taunts and shit to counter the more and more powerful agro face shit and board clears. All while getting to the point they expect people to spend $150-200 a year on this shit. Ben Brode is either a genius or the worst failure on earth.

I can usually enjoy arena despite the trash faggot bullshit since at least there is some thought back and forth on decks.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The power creep is almost entirely due to the cubes. Cards are limited to 2 per deck for a reason and yet we have classes that can get at least 4 more creatures in addition to the ones already in the deck/hand. Nerf cubes and the truly cancerous decks will go away.

• 2Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
People think I'm insane but I think Mid range shaman was the best meta. I don't remember which expansion that was

If you mean that Mid-range value based Shaman...I think it was called "Hammer" Shaman. Damn that was like post undertaker nerf I think. If you really liked that, try the Elemental Mage deck...It is a lot like that old Shaman deck.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The power creep is almost entirely due to the cubes. Cards are limited to 2 per deck for a reason and yet we have classes that can get at least 4 more creatures in addition to the ones already in the deck/hand. Nerf cubes and the truly cancerous decks will go away.

It isn't even just the cubes which are bullshit. The deathknight class cards they added the the game are some of the most aids shit ever invented, with zero counter play to them. The quest cards are almost as bad, really if they are gonna introduce shit like that then they need to make counters for them. Infinite value cards should never be a fucking thing.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
If you mean that Mid-range value based Shaman...I think it was called "Hammer" Shaman. Damn that was like post undertaker nerf I think. If you really liked that, try the Elemental Mage deck...It is a lot like that old Shaman deck.

Pretty sure he's referring to WOTG meta. That was midrange shaman and tempo/dragon warrior decks galore. I'd rank that meta just barely behind Un'Goro.

I agree cubelock is the problem. Odds pally is a thing because you need something fast enough to beat cubelock. But odds pally isn't hard to counter with stuff like Taunt druid and quest warrior, but those decks lose hard to cubelock.

I'm not sure you need to nerf the cube itself, I think the crazy healing is what puts it over the top. Maybe nerf spellstone or dark pact a bit so it's not quite so insane. I think that's all it would take for more midrange style decks to beat it, which is what it should be weak to.

The lack of many midrange decks I think is the current problem with the meta since Un'Goro. It's just aggro and control/late game, with very little in between.

• 1Like