Hearthstone

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I know it was linked above but:
Screenshot_20200417-012759__01.jpg

Trying to think of other historical decks with as good matchups. Maybe midrange shaman back with prenerf spirit claws.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hunter Taker (pre-nerf Undertaker in the deck that had more one insane one drop deathrattle than anyone else in Webspinner) was pretty dominant.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely do not like this new grandmasters format. having 2 days of play done already really gives a WTF is going on vibe and out of context

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Definitely do not like this new grandmasters format. having 2 days of play done already really gives a WTF is going on vibe and out of context
Somehow I completely forgot this today. Guess I'll go back and start from APAC at this point

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
17.0.2 BALANCE UPDATE DETAILS

NEUTRAL
DEMON HUNTER
  • Altruis the Outcast – Old: Cost 3 mana, 3 Attack / 2 Health → New: Cost 4 mana. 4 Attack / 2 Health.
  • Battlefiend – Old: 2 Attack / 2 Health → New: 1 Attack / 2 Health.
  • Glaivebound Adept – Old: 7 Attack / 4 Health → New: 6 Attack / 4 Health.
WARLOCK
  • Sacrificial Pact – Old: Destroy a Demon. Restore 5 Health to your hero. → New: Destroy a friendly Demon. Restore 5 Health to your hero.
  • Bloodbloom – Old: Cost 2 mana → New: Cost 4 mana.
PALADIN
MAGE
  • Open the Waygate – Old: Cast 6 spells that didn’t start in your deck. Reward: Time Warp. → New: Cast 8 spells that didn’t start in your deck. Reward: Time Warp.

Bad Luck Albatross, Bloodbloom, and Open the Waygate will be eligible for a full dust refund for two weeks after the 17.0.2 patch has been released.

Battlegrounds
Millhouse Manastorm

• Old: Minions cost 2 Gold. Refresh costs 2 Gold. Start with 3 Gold. → New: Minions cost 2 Gold. Refresh costs 2 Gold. Tavern Tiers cost (1) more. Start with 3 Gold.
Bug Fixes
  • The Lurker Below is now properly tagged as a Beast.
  • Fixed a tracking issue that prevented 500 wins with Demon Hunter from being achieved.
  • Fixed a bug where Zephrys the Great would not offer a lethal option if your hero had a large amount of Attack.
  • Zephrys the Great has been updated to accommodate the Sacrificial Pact and Glaivebound Adept changes.

Also:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't get the Sac Pact changes. It's been in the game since the beginning and nobody cared that it could kill some neutral demons. Can't have the new class you filled up with minions weak against the one class that also has demons galore now can we?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So albatross is unplayable at 4 right?

Also I really don't see that change significantly slowing down quest mage in wild, it should have been nerfed to 10.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get the Sac Pact changes. It's been in the game since the beginning and nobody cared that it could kill some neutral demons. Can't have the new class you filled up with minions weak against the one class that also has demons galore now can we?
Sac pac is helping mask how broken dh is, and this removes the zephyrs/Jaraxus interaction. DH is probably going to need another round of nerfs after this.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Yep, keep in original Sac Pact while Jaraxxus is still rarely used and allow a game loss. Sounds fine. Destroy Sac Pact after it's allowed to kill a Demon in your new OP deck that you have to fix repeatedly. WAY TOO POWERFUL! We don't want RnG to win games do we?!

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A poorly designed card that is unintentionally keeping a broken class from completely running away with the meta is not a good reason to not fix the card.

That said, I hope this change gets them the data they need and they are swift with another round of fixes. I'm not certain those DH changes are enough. I did face that warrior deck yesterday for the first time, it is indeed a pain in the ass.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Altruis change is pretty pants on head. Sorry guys, that's not going to cut it. Please remove the face damage -_-

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the new 'quick fixes' philosophy just really draws attention to how bad at balancing they are.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It does, but were they ever good at it? It's obvious at this point that Blizzard can't/won't pay for proper QA, so would you have a festering meta or repeated quick fixes?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I don't play much Wild, but what does the Open the Waygate change actually accomplish? I mean, that's a OTK deck, right? The Time Warp is needed to perform the OTK, and can't be used for any other purpose. By the time you've drawn all the cards necessary to OTK, isn't having finished the quest basically guaranteed by then?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't play much Wild, but what does the Open the Waygate change actually accomplish? I mean, that's a OTK deck, right? The Time Warp is needed to perform the OTK, and can't be used for any other purpose. By the time you've drawn all the cards necessary to OTK, isn't having finished the quest basically guaranteed by then?

The only thing that really matters is whether or not your Vargoth is buried. I think they've wildly underestimated just how easy it is to complete the quest these days. Vargothed time-warp means you only need 2 giants.

Last edited:

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So albatross is unplayable at 4 right?
Well like you said it was already rarely played before. It's only really useful with resurrect priest and that deck can't afford to be slower.
You think these nerfs will work to increase the DH winrate again?
Well I will say the glaivebound adept nerf seems pretty meaningless. If a 7/4 or 6/4 survives a turn your chances of losing the game have gone up immensely. The one attack doesn't change much. At least the Altruis nerf, costing 1 more mana has some implications, but also fuck the developer who decided not to removed the hero damage despite the player base calling for it day 1. Like the Altruis nerf is such a child throwing tantrum "you can't tell me what to do" move.

Altruis change is pretty pants on head. Sorry guys, that's not going to cut it. Please remove the face damage -_-
This mf be spittin'.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
At least the Altruis nerf, costing 1 more mana has some implications, but also fuck the developer who decided not to removed the hero damage despite the player base calling for it day 1. Like the Altruis nerf is such a child throwing tantrum "you can't tell me what to do" move.

You want me to nerf it's mana cost? Well I'm going to give it 1 more attack! I'll show you!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean its not like the extra attack actually means anything, I can't imagine ever losing a game where Altruis sticks past his entry turn. Turning him into a 3/3 would have been some shit though.