Hearthstone

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
What's the standard Shaman deck these days? I've got 2 shaman dominance quests sitting in my log so just want to get them knocked out. I've got pretty much any card that could go in so l don't need budget suggestions if others would work better.
I've been running a hilarious deathrattle shaman deck. If nothing else, it's fun.

rrr_img_76295.jpg

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I also have a deathrattle-ish deck. Somewhat different than the one above. It can and has won against even burly net decks but is not epic tier or anything. But like Caal says, it is sure fun!

+2 Earth Shocks
+1 Lightning Bolt
rrr_img_76296.jpg

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Just built and played with Caal's deck. It's way better and funner than mine! Beat a Control Warrior pretty handily. Stalagg and Feugen make Brawl a real problem!
wink.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizzard needs to take a look at adding incentives to play this game.

They have two systems in place:
1. Dailies
2. Ladder

-Dailies. You a pack every 2.5 days. It's pretty slow, but it's a F2P game. I have always thought about it as their indirect way incentivizing you to shell out some $ to speed up the deck gathering process. I have no problem with that. Dailies are probably just fine as is.

-Ladder. An endless treadmill where you get to compare epeen with ananonymouscommunity. How and why am I supposed to care about beating anyone when I have no conceivable way of knowing who they are and cannot even communicate with them. Unless you are one of about 15 streamers in the world, nobody knows and nobody cares who you are or what rank you get. There is no reward for playing 300 games a month. You are not even going to be be "Better" at the game than when you started, in the same way grinding 300 games of Dota, Sc2, or Counter Strike would increase your skill. It really is just an exercise in time allotment and repetition.

My assumption is that they will never have a market place where cards can be traded or sold, nor does it behoove them to just "gif more gold/dust/cards", so there has to be new elements introduced.

Here are a few ideas for rewards which could be earned:
1. Animated hero portraits with cosmetics that your opponents could see. Collecting full cosmetic sets could give your hero a special taunt emote or animation.
2. Weekly Quests: NPC boss fights, where you only get 1 try at beating them.
3. Monthly Quests: They would be more along the lines of "achieve rank 10 on the ladder".
4. More unlockable emotes.
5. Interactive pets that dance around the screen, piss on the plants, and entertain you while your Priest opponents takes max time and drags the game out for 25 minutes. Your pet might randomly attack your opponents pets, or maybe they just might like them and be more friendly.
6. Hot Streaks, where you get rewarded for winning 5+ games in a row.
7. Trophy/Achievement room in your player profile.
8. More collection bonus' like "Old Murk eye". Beasts, Demons, Dragons, Pirates, etc.
9. Unlockable lore entries by playing the cards X number of times.

Other Ideas:
1. Optional chat/facetime with your opponents. Check-box "Yes to Chat", both players must have "yes" check for any chat messages to be displayed. Who wants to compare epeen now?
2. Blind Arena's in Play Mode, where you are matched up against a random opponent with random non-drafted decks... but everyone is assigned an equal number of common, rare, epic and legendaries.
3. High Stakes Mode, where you can bet 500 gold and play an opponent in the best 3 out of 5 match, where winner takes all.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What they need to add are tournaments to their own client in a manner similar to what MTGO has. it needs things like 8 person queue single elimination where you put up some amount of gold (or pay to buy in), daily events, qualifier events, and so on. All of it automated and incorporated right into the client.

Flank_sl

shitlord
What they need to add are tournaments to their own client in a manner similar to what MTGO has. it needs things like 8 person queue single elimination where you put up some amount of gold (or pay to buy in), daily events, qualifier events, and so on. All of it automated and incorporated right into the client.
That is what I think also. They had tournaments in the WC3 client, then for some reason they never added them to SC2 or Hearthstone.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
LoN had a pretty good tournament system, it even did things like best of 3. I'd think with as much as they are trying to push the competitive scene for Hearthstone this would be super high priority right behind observer mode, but being as we still haven't even seen that who knows.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone said recently in this thread that tournament integration is next priority. Is that true? I don't follow the blue much.

All those other ideas, its Blizzard. There will likely be tons of that stuff and more eventually but it will take years.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Blizzard needs to take a look at adding incentives to play this game.

They have two systems in place:
1. Dailies
2. Ladder

-Dailies. You a pack every 2.5 days. It's pretty slow, but it's a F2P game. I have always thought about it as their indirect way incentivizing you to shell out some $ to speed up the deck gathering process. I have no problem with that. Dailies are probably just fine as is.

-Ladder. An endless treadmill where you get to compare epeen with ananonymouscommunity. How and why am I supposed to care about beating anyone when I have no conceivable way of knowing who they are and cannot even communicate with them. Unless you are one of about 15 streamers in the world, nobody knows and nobody cares who you are or what rank you get. There is no reward for playing 300 games a month. You are not even going to be be "Better" at the game than when you started, in the same way grinding 300 games of Dota, Sc2, or Counter Strike would increase your skill. It really is just an exercise in time allotment and repetition.

My assumption is that they will never have a market place where cards can be traded or sold, nor does it behoove them to just "gif more gold/dust/cards", so there has to be new elements introduced.

Here are a few ideas for rewards which could be earned:
1. Animated hero portraits with cosmetics that your opponents could see. Collecting full cosmetic sets could give your hero a special taunt emote or animation.
3. Monthly Quests: They would be more along the lines of "achieve rank 10 on the ladder".
4. More unlockable emotes.
5. Interactive pets that dance around the screen, piss on the plants, and entertain you while your Priest opponents takes max time and drags the game out for 25 minutes. Your pet might randomly attack your opponents pets, or maybe they just might like them and be more friendly.
6. Hot Streaks, where you get rewarded for winning 5+ games in a row.
7. Trophy/Achievement room in your player profile.
8. More collection bonus' like "Old Murk eye". Beasts, Demons, Dragons, Pirates, etc.
9. Unlockable lore entries by playing the cards X number of times.

Other Ideas:
1. Optional chat/facetime with your opponents. Check-box "Yes to Chat", both players must have "yes" check for any chat messages to be displayed. Who wants to compare epeen now?
2. Blind Arena's in Play Mode, where you are matched up against a random opponent with random non-drafted decks... but everyone is assigned an equal number of common, rare, epic and legendaries.
3. High Stakes Mode, where you can bet 500 gold and play an opponent in the best 3 out of 5 match, where winner takes all.
I predict in 18 months they will implement 1/2 of one of those ideas.

But seriously, I like pretty much all of those. Arbitrary's tourny idea too.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oh, you got legendary? Let me know when you win back to back 128 man daily events, bitch. IN COMPETITIVE PLAY I HAVE A 67% WIN RATE IT'S UNHEARD OF

Client integrated tournamentshasto be top priority. It's the next level of epeen expansion. It would also drag in the least pleasant members of the community. Just imagine if there was another tier of cosmetic bullshit beyond golden that was only available from winning events. Yeah, I've got two Diamond Sludge Belchers. You can only get those if you win two 8 man events in November. October is a new card so it's your only chance.

You filthy casual.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Someone said recently in this thread that tournament integration is next priority. Is that true? I don't follow the blue much.

All those other ideas, its Blizzard. There will likely be tons of that stuff and more eventually but it will take years.
Observer mode is top priority, not tournaments, but the observer mode is primarily FOR tournaments. I hope they implement tournaments into the client, that'd be awesome.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My first game with that deathrattle shaman deck. Playing in "casual" since I wanted to learn it before losing stars in ranked.

toW5J3f.png

Just built and played with Caal's deck. It's way better and funner than mine! Beat a Control Warrior pretty handily. Stalagg and Feugen make Brawl a real problem!
wink.png
deathrattle decks work well with Reincarnate too, especially with Feugen/Stalagg of course for the double Thaddius summon even without Rivendare

given how terrible most Naxx heroic fights turned out to be where you had to have the perfect draw to beat them this sounds like a bad idea

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
After a lot of experimenting. I've found that I am most successful at climbing the ladder when I play Priest. Priest has such strong decks that can stand up reliably to a variety of other decks.

After the Hunter takes the cake, Priest is only going to be stronger.

The Master

Bronze Squire
After a lot of experimenting. I've found that I am most successful at climbing the ladder when I play Priest. Priest has such strong decks that can stand up reliably to a variety of other decks.

After the Hunter takes the cake, Priest is only going to be stronger.
After Hunter fades out the new Mage decks will actually become more common and, for the most part, they are doing really well against the current Priest decks. It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out.