Hearthstone

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
WCA going on right now, 190k prize pool.

Twitch
So I watched over an hour of this between two different streams and never saw a single match of Hearthstone get played. Are all Chinese events this terribly organized? Kripp is pretty good at the interviews, but what the fuck?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I don't like Undertaker as a card. It's way too powerful. If you draw remotely decent it just makes the agro decks way too fast. It just gives too many scenarios of if you draw this you win always.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
It doesn't really help that a lot of the best 1, 2, and 3 drops are deathrattle minions. And that deathrattle is slightly undercosted.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Shit like having your opponent go second and Undertaker coin Undertaker is like I might as well concede if he follows up with deathrattle minions.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Handlock seems to do really well on the ladder right now. I end up on win streaks till I run into Hunter and they get nothing but fucking Huffer from Animal companion and always have Hunters Mark.

Fuck, I did some arena for a bit and they guy cast 5 straight Animal Companion, 4 Huffers and Misha. GTFO

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Handlock has been strong for awhile, it faded during the hunter dominance, but with that out of the way and more control oriented decks in general I suspect to see it on top for awhile.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I watched over an hour of this between two different streams and never saw a single match of Hearthstone get played. Are all Chinese events this terribly organized? Kripp is pretty good at the interviews, but what the fuck?
Yeah this chinese event has been scheduled/ managed terribly, especially for being the biggest hearthstone tournament yet. Between the constant internet problems, old equipment, schedule problems, and odd format its been pretty terrible aside from kripp being an entertaining caster/interviewer. Hopefully it improves as they cut down the competition but yeah china sucks.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Why is it being streamed through Kripp's channel? Is he managing all the casting himself for this huge event? He seemed sort of overwhelmed this morning at the end of the stream.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Why is it being streamed through Kripp's channel? Is he managing all the casting himself for this huge event? He seemed sort of overwhelmed this morning at the end of the stream.
All those foreign players were invited/arranged by Kripp. Originally China was going to have an only Chinese event, which obviously wouldn't get the same viewership/interest. Part of Kripp's condition was that he could stream it on his channel (which is huge for him in terms of followers/potential subs/views/etc.) He talked about it on his stream a few days before when he explained why he was going to be gone and there wouldn't be a stream.

Even the GSL sometimes has issues with Artosis and Tastless not having the best set up and the GSL has huge respect for them as a casting team. I imagine the Chinese, who are running a huge event with multiple games, are letting stuff fall through the cracks for Kripp. Add in translation/communication issues, the issues live events always have, spotty internet, jet lag, etc., and here we are.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
The Murloc testing is going well.

HcvGMmX.png

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Murlocs are civilization.

Pretty hilarious games too when you end up matched against another Murloc deck, since you end up buffing each others minions.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Which murloc deck did you end up settling on? #3? #8?
I figured 20 games a deck was a decent enough sample size to figure out if a certain variation of Murloc would stand out. That was deck #4. Here's the results so far and only Murloc Deck #2 turned out to be a real pile of shit.

CI8wUGw.jpg

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Statistical certainty does not come into play until you have 30 (some statisticians say 35) samples.

Get to work:

Column_sl

shitlord
All those foreign players were invited/arranged by Kripp. Originally China was going to have an only Chinese event, which obviously wouldn't get the same viewership/interest. Part of Kripp's condition was that he could stream it on his channel (which is huge for him in terms of followers/potential subs/views/etc.) He talked about it on his stream a few days before when he explained why he was going to be gone and there wouldn't be a stream.

Even the GSL sometimes has issues with Artosis and Tastless not having the best set up and the GSL has huge respect for them as a casting team. I imagine the Chinese, who are running a huge event with multiple games, are letting stuff fall through the cracks for Kripp. Add in translation/communication issues, the issues live events always have, spotty internet, jet lag, etc., and here we are.
This is something that just happened recently btw within the last year, and a half. Kripp used to give no fucks about any of that shit. I assume it's because he's an actual human relationship now, and he realizes what women covet more then anything, and it isn't your cock.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Kripp was also getting completely ignored by the Hearthstone community after Fight Night ended when it came to things like casting. HE's just not a very professional human being even though he can be entertaining. That's why imo Frodan gets basically every single casting job.

I think Frodan is the best person casting Hearthstone stuff right now, and I don't think it's even close.