Helldivers II

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've already dispensed 25 hours of democracy, lol.

We hit some super base on the robot side last night, they didn't like that and sent the entire world after us. Completely kicked our ass the first time, the second time we destroyed the base but couldn't defeat the hordes they sent at us and barely extracted. Game is a diamond in the rough.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I havn't moved past the ice planet, some variety would be good. Lv 8 and clearing hard now. Saw a few unlocks were either patched in or at higher levels are revealed even though they are not available for a long time? Progress slower than HD 1 at least, by now I'd have been able to be playing around in a mech.

Havn't tried stuff like Recoiless yet because I don't trust the few pubs I'm in with loading. Laser launcher thing seems ass, same as the railgun and possibly the arc. Liking the sniper, now that yes, silly enough the most armored looking part on the bile bugs was indeed the head, and now I'm just one shotting those.

Starting rifle just drives me nuts on the reload animation because if completely empty, there's just an extra racking of a handle that's just so god damned slow and for whatever reason I keep thinking it's done and I'll try to do something else and cancel my reload. About to unlock the armor penetrating shotgun I hope is nice.

Fighters say only 2-3 uses but seems like they just recharge after a while? Been kinda paralyzed on what else to unlock w/ req. Had a few stinkers. Mainly want good call ins for mega armored bugs, since hordes etc are easy enough to handle yourself.

How is the best way to add folks to the ingame friends? IE can you import em from steam or just need their PSN name?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I havn't moved past the ice planet, some variety would be good. Lv 8 and clearing hard now. Saw a few unlocks were either patched in or at higher levels are revealed even though they are not available for a long time? Progress slower than HD 1 at least, by now I'd have been able to be playing around in a mech.

Havn't tried stuff like Recoiless yet because I don't trust the few pubs I'm in with loading. Laser launcher thing seems ass, same as the railgun and possibly the arc. Liking the sniper, now that yes, silly enough the most armored looking part on the bile bugs was indeed the head, and now I'm just one shotting those.

Starting rifle just drives me nuts on the reload animation because if completely empty, there's just an extra racking of a handle that's just so god damned slow and for whatever reason I keep thinking it's done and I'll try to do something else and cancel my reload. About to unlock the armor penetrating shotgun I hope is nice.

Fighters say only 2-3 uses but seems like they just recharge after a while? Been kinda paralyzed on what else to unlock w/ req. Had a few stinkers. Mainly want good call ins for mega armored bugs, since hordes etc are easy enough to handle yourself.

How is the best way to add folks to the ingame friends? IE can you import em from steam or just need their PSN name?
Pick up the recoiless backpack AND the weapon you can reload yourself it just takes half a day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

"failed to join lobby"

"failed to join lobby"

"failed to join lobby"

ok, quickplay,

"Failed to join lobby"

Start a fresh mission, a few join me before launching.

Endless landing pod scene.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
"failed to join lobby"

"failed to join lobby"

"failed to join lobby"

ok, quickplay,

"Failed to join lobby"

Yeah. That happened to me. Had to restart game.

Hekotat

Fighters get mutliple uses then have to go back and re-arm. You can send them back to re-arm at any time if you know a big fight is coming up and there is a lull in the fighting. The cooldown between uses is like 16 seconds but the re-arm time is like 1.5 mins or something. The number next to the strategem is how many uses it has before it goes back to re-arm automatically.

Armor is the biggest hurdle in the game other than teamwork. Get an autocannon/Recoiless ASAP. As Hatorade said you can reload them yourself, if you have a teammate to do it for you it's much faster but it takes them out of the fight so it's not worth it with less than a full group.

Things such as the auto-turrets have such a long cooldown that they are tough to use in harder engagements. 3 mins is a long time if you don't have anything else to help defend yourselves with. You have to be conscious of what the rest of your team is doing and stagger strategems based on their selections and uses. To me the Eagle/Strafing runs and orbital strikes are the best bang for your buck based on cooldowns.

Basic loadout for me is typically (HE Turret, Autocannon, Cluster Bomb, Creeping Barrage). Play what's fun for you though, there is plenty of variety and options.

Hekotat

"failed to join lobby"

"failed to join lobby"

"failed to join lobby"

ok, quickplay,

"Failed to join lobby"

Matchmaking still has kinks, on their discord they say the best thing to do is find an open party on the planet and join to avoid this issue. The map will show icons with radar like icons pulsing that show open parties. But the radar/radio wave like effect only shows up if they drop an SOS beacon.

Known issue: Matchmaking still not working after patch​

• While we have improved matchmaking in this patch and are continuing to work on it, players may still experience some instability while matchmaking. It may work better if you attempt to join an active lobby on a planet.

Sludig

Used RR> yeap teamates too retarded and loads too slow. Seems retarded if it can't one shot a spitter in the ass, so still gotta get a headshot. Maybe the ultralisks it's better since i Know sniper can't pen it, but still seems to take several hits, havn't found a weak point and was a bit rough since my last teamates on hard couldn't even keep normal bitch bugs off us while I try to deal w/ it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is this a game that will be significantly worse without buddies to play?

• 1Like

Sludig

Fighters get mutliple uses then have to go back and re-arm. You can send them back to re-arm at any time if you know a big fight is coming up and there is a lull in the fighting. The cooldown between uses is like 16 seconds but the re-arm time is like 1.5 mins or something. The number next to the strategem is how many uses it has before it goes back to re-arm automatically.

Armor is the biggest hurdle in the game other than teamwork. Get an autocannon/Recoiless ASAP. As Hatorade said you can reload them yourself, if you have a teammate to do it for you it's much faster but it takes them out of the fight so it's not worth it with less than a full group.

Things such as the auto-turrets have such a long cooldown that they are tough to use in harder engagements. 3 mins is a long time if you don't have anything else to help defend yourselves with. You have to be conscious of what the rest of your team is doing and stagger strategems based on their selections and uses. To me the Eagle/Strafing runs and orbital strikes are the best bang for your buck based on cooldowns.

Basic loadout for me is typically (HE Turret, Autocannon, Cluster Bomb, Creeping Barrage). Play what's fun for you though, there is plenty of variety and options.
Got the RR over the HE turret but it was next on my list, looking forward to trying autocannon but might also be painful solo basically in pugs.

Sludig

Matchmaking still has kinks, on their discord they say the best thing to do is find an open party on the planet and join to avoid this issue. The map will show icons with radar like icons pulsing that show open parties. But the radar/radio wave like effect only shows up if they drop an SOS beacon.

Known issue: Matchmaking still not working after patch​

• While we have improved matchmaking in this patch and are continuing to work on it, players may still experience some instability while matchmaking. It may work better if you attempt to join an active lobby on a planet.
I've seen open parties, none with pulsing anything. My worst success rate getting in a game is actually clickong on 1/2/3 of 4 lobbies

Sludig

Never bought railgun but now is always available to me as a strategem despite not selecting it pre mission?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Been crashing to desktop all day, like 4 seperate games now, and 3 of the 4 were 15-20 minutes into the mission when we were almost done.

Hekotat

Never bought railgun but now is always available to me as a strategem despite not selecting it pre mission?

The devs can make the missions harder/easier and give blessings at their leisure to help the outcome of a campaign, or make it more difficult. It's been two days and we still haven't cleared one sector so I assume they did it to help us out.

We dropped from 80% complete on Heeth to 70% last night and are now back up to 90%.

I would say yes due to the trolling capabilities of this game, friendly fire and the leader being able to kick everyone at end of mission which seems to be occurring a lot now due to the popularity of the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
100%.

It also still has a ton of crashing issues and matchmaking issues. I'd give it a month or two before buying tbh.

• 1Like

Hekotat

100%.

It also still has a ton of crashing issues and matchmaking issues. I'd give it a month or two before buying tbh.

Still zero crashing issues here since the patch but I play with friends and friends of friends, if you're doing matchmaking exclusively you might want to hold off.

vivaldi_ijbLdAQsfA.png

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I used to think the railgun was shit then I started soloing chargers with it. Thing is awesome.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hekotat

Got up to the max difficulty, once you get past a certain point the bugs behavior changes and they get new abilities. It gets really insane.

Still having issues with the Automatons, they are hard as fuck to deal with. We did figure out if you kill their spotting tower you will stop getting shot from everything on the map. Still more to figure out there, the shield backpack seems mandatory when fighting them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It looks really interesting but I never manage to hook up with the FOH groups on coop games and it sounds like pubbing in this game is a hell no.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It looks really interesting but I never manage to hook up with the FOH groups on coop games and it sounds like pubbing in this game is a hell no.

It's not bad if people have mics and talk. Simple shit like letting people know you need to reload soon is a big plus (so they can watch your back). Along with throwing a nuke that may get too close. The games go smooth if communication is there.

Aaaaand in reality. BillyBob_01 throws a nuke on top of the group.

• 2Worf