Helldivers II

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It defaults to open mic and doesn’t tell you. If it wasn’t so funny, it would be annoying.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I joined some pugs at difficulty 8 doing mortar farming of the defense/eradicate missions. 3 minutes of fighting for 4k credits, 7 ribbons, and great xp, rinse repeat. That probably needs to be nerfed so that you can only do those types of missions after completing some other mission in the campaign. I am thinking that so many people are doing those missions and then failing the campaign is why we're having trouble beating the General Order. Not that R credits matter anymore now that I have unlocked everything.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Yes, the defense missions are probably too easy especially with mortars but it seems like every sector has some type of mission that's either quick or soloable or both. I personally like having missions available like that where you know you can get something done in under 15 minutes but they probably need to tweak rewards to match the complexity of the mission. I guess for the eradicate missions you likely aren't clearing the map for samples or super credits but that's not currently enough downside compared to the speed of the runs.

I don't know how to judge the general orders. Clearly they didn't expect the playerbase size they got but I'd guess it's going to fall off if it hasn't already. Game duration seems to be really short for a lot of gamers these days. I'm sure the devs are ok with general orders failing but if the reward doesn't motivate people to finish campaigns as intended perhaps they need to give more then a couple missions worth of credits.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I kept hearing this was fun and picked it up. It was rather humbling to get my !@#$ kicked in on trivial difficulty. I was trying to play solo. Lesson learned I guess lol. Only issue I've really run into is the in game in-game voice comms. They just don't work. I heard a couple guys talking... to ..um. someone but it wasn't anyone in the group, so not sure what was going on there. One guy was talking to either vent or discord and I could hear him in game but nobody could hear me. *shrug*
Old Man Animation GIF by Shilstone Arts

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I solo helldivers 2 on easy, so what??? MURICA.
Taxi Driver America GIF by ALTER – The Best Horror Films

• 1Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They are smart. People are joinin go the operations to farm mortar or kill missions then leaving the operation d doing it again. Well that counts as a loss and hurts the sector war effort. So farmers are effectively hurting the war.

• 1Truth!

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
The devs confirmed that only doing one out of three (or whatever) missions adversely impacts the liberated percentages. That's why Erata is going backwards.

They really need to balance evacuate civilians a bit. You can blame eradicate farmers for failed campaigns but I'd bet there's an equal number of people who would otherwise complete campaigns but fail or refuse to start retrieve essential personnel. It's like the devs saw people mortar farming and said, fuck you, here's 3 dropships inside the compound walls every 30 seconds.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Making number go up is cool and all but does advancing campaigns actually change anything?

Cybsled

The devs confirmed that only doing one out of three (or whatever) missions adversely impacts the liberated percentages. That's why Erata is going backwards.

They really need to balance evacuate civilians a bit. You can blame eradicate farmers for failed campaigns but I'd bet there's an equal number of people who would otherwise complete campaigns but fail or refuse to start retrieve essential personnel. It's like the devs saw people mortar farming and said, fuck you, here's 3 dropships inside the compound walls every 30 seconds.

Evac is too hard. The mobs all target the civilians and it is too easy to get to an irrecoverable overwhelmed state, which compounds the civilian killing issue even more in addition to your team getting killed

Maybe mob spawns could be tied to number of successful evacs instead vs a time based system. It feels like even if you blitz early on before shit spawns at insane rates, you only manage to maybe get 50% Evac before things get too overwhelming

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Making number go up is cool and all but does advancing campaigns actually change anything?

I could be wrong but from what I've seen each planet has a limited set of missions that appear on it. Probably the most consequential thing from liberating (or losing) a planet then is the change in missions. If the community likes or doesn't like a mission set I suppose there might be some consensus to finish a planet faster or slower to impact the available missions. Thus far the actual rewards for major orders is the same currency you get anyway so there's not much incentive outside of spreading democracy to playing along.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
At this point I'm mainly curious if higher tier planets have things like raids to give you a reason to push into them.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
From hearing people talk about Helldivers 1 (I never played it so idk) it sounds like the galaxy map is controlled entirely by the devs. They can fall back or counter attack at their whim. I suppose the higher tier sectors/planets might have more extreme modifiers but I don't think there's any other difference besides terrain tileset.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't find it, it may have been posted here already, but the devs confirmed in an interview somewhere that they can watch and impact missions live while you are actively playing in them (not that I see this happening often given the number of players now). They also stated they are running the overarching Galactic War like a D&D/Warhammer Campaign. I feel like the inaugural Automaton "invasion" event was pretty light and probably scaled down due to them scrambling with overwhelming launch success, but I am excited to think we could see some interesting stuff pop up in the future. Looking forward to the eventual addition of their "Protoss" faction, Mech's getting added in, shenanigans with enemy factions getting super close to Earth, new mission types, and just seeing where they go with new stratagems/equipment in the future.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Im also interested in what they can pull off. From my understanding, this will be one continuous war where as HD1 had several wars or resets. Plus there's another faction that is suppose to be added (The Illuminate). There are already hints that the Terminids are growing immune to the poison that is keeping them from getting closer to Super Earth. Super Earth and Mars look like they will be invaded at some point. Leveling city blocks would be fun. I think the huge influx of players threw off all there expectations and plans for these campaigns. Their data probably has to be adjust and servers further stabilized. The data counters still don't work and dailys broke. I wonder if the farmers are throwing a wrench into things. The current campaign is probably just a place holder until they can get back on track. Certain weapons and stratagems could use a balance patch also. There's also the Mech stratagem that is almost ready for release.

The fact that the battle passes don't expire and the currency can be found in game really will help people that have the GAAS Fomo then eventually burn out hard. Picking this up and playing where you had left off will be great. I'm level 20 and haven't fought the Terminids yet.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
They also spoke of sub-sonic ammo and silencers in the game from tweet or something.

I just really want some weapon balance to bring some of these other weapons up to the breaker level. Too many weapons feel subpar to a few and I'd rather see the outliers buffed than the the good ones nerfed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
As it stands, 12500 requisition is not enough motivation for most people to worry about the overall war progress. The actual useful list of stratagems is small enough that requisition is probably the first resource you'll effectively cap and even if you want everything it's still easier than other currencies.

Increase the medals for 2nd and 3rd missions in a campaign. Have major orders reward samples or medals or better still some cosmetic even if it's just a recolor of base armor. Players will do what provides the best rewards. Right now worrying about campaign progress is not that.

Cybsled

They also spoke of sub-sonic ammo and silencers in the game from tweet or something.

I just really want some weapon balance to bring some of these other weapons up to the breaker level. Too many weapons feel subpar to a few and I'd rather see the outliers buffed than the the good ones nerfed.

Fire weapons seem underwhelming. I’d like to see fire damage buffed vs terminids and electrical/emp buffed vs automations

Rocket weapons also feel extremely situational and feel like they underperform vs the trade off for picking it as a support weapon

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Can't find it, it may have been posted here already, but the devs confirmed in an interview somewhere that they can watch and impact missions live while you are actively playing in them (not that I see this happening often given the number of players now). They also stated they are running the overarching Galactic War like a D&D/Warhammer Campaign. I feel like the inaugural Automaton "invasion" event was pretty light and probably scaled down due to them scrambling with overwhelming launch success, but I am excited to think we could see some interesting stuff pop up in the future. Looking forward to the eventual addition of their "Protoss" faction, Mech's getting added in, shenanigans with enemy factions getting super close to Earth, new mission types, and just seeing where they go with new stratagems/equipment in the future.

Odds are that I've never had a GM watching one of my games but it does feel like the game varies a lot at a given difficulty. Yesterday, I was playing Impossible difficulty bugs with a PUG and were doing really well, cleared the planet, even when the host had to bail and we were down to three. We even sat at evac for 4 minutes or whatever it was and basically had zero enemy contact.

Next match, we had the same 3 players plus one more and the game absolutely shat on us from the start. Fucking 4 chargers and 3 brood commanders, 4 bile titans. Kill 1, 2 more spawn. It was super retarded. We didn't even finish an objective.

I guess it could be a dev fucking with us but more likely just some randomness.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
As it stands, 12500 requisition is not enough motivation for most people to worry about the overall war progress. The actual useful list of stratagems is small enough that requisition is probably the first resource you'll effectively cap and even if you want everything it's still easier than other currencies.

Increase the medals for 2nd and 3rd missions in a campaign. Have major orders reward samples or medals or better still some cosmetic even if it's just a recolor of base armor. Players will do what provides the best rewards. Right now worrying about campaign progress is not that.

You can earn 12500, in about 20 minutes of mortar farming. They're really going to have to rethink progression, challenges, rewards, economy, etc.

I'm at like level 32, have all strategems, about half the ship upgrades, and there isn't a lot more to work toward. Folks have burned through the content and there isn't much compelling on the horizon. The matches are still fun but it would be a lot more fun to have goals.

• 1Like