Helldivers II

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Same. I only really play it with my friend group on the weekend. Otherwise I'm really not interested.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I will say one thing, I love the poison tower structure sound and when it's spewing etc. Art direction whatever you want to call it is great in that respect. I'm hoping for more mechs.

I wish I knew what is up w/ mech melee, using my call in I purchased (free is gone) i still never get dual fuel tank and am unable to melee really has made me not really find many uses outside of maybe a really short meatgrinder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That didn't work either. Ending up having to use a bunch of network flush commands in command prompt to finally get it to work.
which commands exactly lol, I can't get in.

I've tried flushing dns.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I held off buying this for a couple weeks, but now I'm level 35 and I really enjoy it. It's not something I can play all day, but I look forward to an hour or two every couple of days. I almost exclusively play tier 8 and it seems to be the sweet spot for me with pugs. 7 is too easy and 9 has too many "Well, that was gay" moments.

However, I'll say that I'm not a fan of the 'bug tower' missions because it seems to be a retard magnet. The number of groups I've joined that have nfc what they're doing or are just S-tier retards is staggering.

Regardless, the trickle of content is interesting enough to keep me coming back. Also, I think I read/watched something which basically said that the developers want the game to unfold like a Sci-fi D&D campaign and I dig that. A lot.

P.S. Is anyone else having issues with keybinds not being stored between sessions? I've basically re-keymapped the entire game but, for whatever reason, I have four keybinds that will never save.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
which commands exactly lol, I can't get in.

I've tried flushing dns.
netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset all

netsh winhttp reset proxy

ipconfig /flushdns

In that order and then restart your PC. CMD prompt, obviously.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I held off buying this for a couple weeks, but now I'm level 35 and I really enjoy it. It's not something I can play all day, but I look forward to an hour or two every couple of days. I almost exclusively play tier 8 and it seems to be the sweet spot for me with pugs. 7 is too easy and 9 has too many "Well, that was gay" moments.

However, I'll say that I'm not a fan of the 'bug tower' missions because it seems to be a retard magnet. The number of groups I've joined that have nfc what they're doing or are just S-tier retards is staggering.

Regardless, the trickle of content is interesting enough to keep me coming back. Also, I think I read/watched something which basically said that the developers want the game to unfold like a Sci-fi D&D campaign and I dig that. A lot.

P.S. Is anyone else having issues with keybinds not being stored between sessions? I've basically re-keymapped the entire game but, for whatever reason, I have four keybinds that will never save.

The keybind issue sucks, I have it for one button.

Kirun, they posted a work around and I was able to play. Thanks though.

I hated the plasma shotgun but now that I found out it melts chargers I've been running a weird anti armor build and it's quite fun.

Plasma shotgun
Revolver
Stun names
Recoil less
Eats
Railcannon

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I fucking love the Senator. 6 shots and reload speed is rough, but goddamn does it fucking pound ass.

I don't use it as much against bugs because with all the "swarm" changes, you need high fire rate and/or high mag cap. But against bots? *Chef's kiss*

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Not super impressed by the new shotguns or armor. Is there some reason I need resistance to shock other than the occasional retard shooting an arc thrower?

Cybsled

Is there some reason I need resistance to shock other than the occasional retard shooting an arc thrower?

The electric armor is good if you have multiple people running arc - you don't have to be as careful to avoid insta-gibbing a teammate, which is useful during big hordes

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The electric armor is good if you have multiple people running arc - you don't have to be as careful to avoid insta-gibbing a teammate, which is useful during big hordes

Yeah I could see that being useful. The arc shotgun is actually a little better than my initial impression.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I've been running Autocannon and EATs for everything bug-related lately. Its been quite nice.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've been running Autocannon and EATs for everything bug-related lately. Its been quite nice.
I actually like the Stalwart and HMG now since they just throw nonstop bugs at you. I usually deal with Bile Titans and Chargers with rocket pods or railcannon orbital.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone else noticed wild inconsistencies in difficulty at the same level? I've been trying to decide if I am smoking crack or if it really does seem to be a wide variation. I've done 4s that were easy just to knock out the daily. Then I've had 4s that were a major fucking ass pain with heavies and elites just spawning over and over in mass numbers. Same thing at the other difficulty I run often, which is 7. Couple missions we just cruise through. Then we get one where it is at least 10 bile titans with those stupid long range arty, stalkers and chargers. Those we just say fuck it and run for exfil. However, I haven't been able to find any sort of consistency on what makes one set so easy, the others just 'no, fuck you!' difficult. Doesn't seem to be mission type, so I'm at a loss.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Game has basically been unplayable for me since the patch. I got the network stuff to finally let me connect to friends, but now I'm crashing almost every single mission. Longest I've made it is two missions before a crash.

Game ran flawlessly and I didn't have a single crash prior to the patch. Seems like they have top-notch QA over there at Arrowhead.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Has anyone else noticed wild inconsistencies in difficulty at the same level? I've been trying to decide if I am smoking crack or if it really does seem to be a wide variation. I've done 4s that were easy just to knock out the daily. Then I've had 4s that were a major fucking ass pain with heavies and elites just spawning over and over in mass numbers. Same thing at the other difficulty I run often, which is 7. Couple missions we just cruise through. Then we get one where it is at least 10 bile titans with those stupid long range arty, stalkers and chargers. Those we just say fuck it and run for exfil. However, I haven't been able to find any sort of consistency on what makes one set so easy, the others just 'no, fuck you!' difficult. Doesn't seem to be mission type, so I'm at a loss.

Absolutely. It seems like either a) sometimes the game is going to just shit on you and you will not succeed. b) or, there is an algorithm that modifies the difficulty based upon some variables but it is retarded.

Buddy and I were playing level 7 with just the two of us. We were really struggling. Shitloads of Titans, say 6 or 7 per mission, in addition to the endless chargers and other bullshit. This is with us disengaging when we can, staying mobile, stopping breaches before they can happen whenever possible, etc. We're decent players. In spite of that, it was about 50/50 whether we would make it out with samples and occasionally we would fall altogether.

It seemed like we could not put enough lead into the air between the two of us to deal with it, especially at extraction. So, we decided join a PUG. The guys we joined, I think, were not very good. They spent a lot of time dying and generally were not much help. In spite of that, we reached extraction and realized we had only seen one Titan the whole mission. WTF? This was repeatable. Just bad luck? I don't know.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Game has basically been unplayable for me since the patch. I got the network stuff to finally let me connect to friends, but now I'm crashing almost every single mission. Longest I've made it is two missions before a crash.

Game ran flawlessly and I didn't have a single crash prior to the patch. Seems like they have top-notch QA over there at Arrowhead.

I do have some crashes to desktop or it will just lock up on an animation or something but it isn't unbearable. Maybe once every few hours. Have you verified your files? Updated your video drivers, the usual shit?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Absolutely.

We were reluctant to up the difficulty because we'd get some maps that would just shit all over us. We stayed in hard (5) for a while. Then we just started upping it and settled on suicide missions (7). There are some like that new tower mission where we got dumpstered where we thought about lowering it, but then we run it again and it's no problem. Which leads me to believe we could go all the way to max difficulty and be just fine.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Ya. It's always been wildly all over the place.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes. not sure if related. But I've seen if I'm cycling between difficulties, the existing groups that say 1/4 for example don't change. So I'm wondering if there's some kind of refresh of what it's loading you into that isn't updating.