Hemlock Grove - Netflix series

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Show has some interesting bits, but too many problems to be really good. My main gripes are the music and lots of the dialogue. Music is way heavy-handed. This scene is supposed to be ominous, so we'll play really loud ominous music, rather than have the scene actually BE ominous, or scary, or sad, etc. And the dialogue, it's like they leave in all the bits that are supposed to happen off-camera. Example:

dude: "Hey."
chick: "Hi."
dude: "What's up?"
chick: "Nothing much."
dude: "How was school today?'
chick: "Fine."
dude: "Are you hungry?"
chick: "Yes."
dude: "Want some eggs?"
chick: "Ok."

And then continue that for another five minutes, then move to a different scene with different characters and witness another five minutes or so of inane conversation.

And also, that stupid frame/frame/frame/frame in scary scenes and shit. Amateur crap.

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
Agree on the acting, music, dialogue and pacing issues. *BUT* there is enough unique and cool to keep watching, and I did enjoy. I may checkout the book(s) if it is rated ok and maybe get some answers.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's only unique in the fact that it is totally non-unique. An absolute cobbling together of other people's shows/stories/themes through and through. Let me know how you like the books though.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
This show is like the worst parts of True Blood, Twilight and Buffy combined. just utter dreck

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eh, nothing about Twilight ever hooked me. I watch True Blood for humor and tits. A Buffy comparison shouldn't even be in this thread.

After reading the book I'm actually looking forward to see what happens to Shelly.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Started this series when it came out, then I read this thread and stayed away. After a few months I decided to give it a go with super low expectations. After completing Season 1 all I have to say is ...

WUT!?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I got through half the season and couldn't take it anymore. The show is intentionally silly and campy which I can appreciate, but it becomes weird to the point of becoming dull and unfocused. I seriously lost track of the plot sometime during the second or third episode. You have an order of werewolf hunters, people walking around talking, and a murder mystery that doesn't go anywhere.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
To be honest, I wanted a series like this, and I will watch the second season, but just was not a great series. Netflix should have put 666 Park Avenue back in production, retconned the last ep, and continued that. They bought the license for the show, I don't understand why they didn't just do that.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I love this type of shows (like Storm of the Century, The last Room, The Prisoner, etc). Can't wait to see season 2.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Starting a recap since i dont remember anything about this show - S2 starts in a couple hours

fris

Vyemm Raider
I'm surprised this got renewed.
im pretty forgiving of bad shows and watch a good bit of trash, but this is easily the worst show i've seen in years. how did this get renewed. if they're smart, they'll start ep1 same as last season, with some nice T&A with some unexplained supernatural and saps like me will watch the rest of the season.