Heroes Charge (android)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand how the Arena ladder works. I managed to get myself as high as 10, but got quickly raped from there. However, the levels are the part I don't get. I am 64 now and rank 117, and literally everyone ranked above me is level 66+. If I search enough I can find a 65 here and there, but it is mostly 66 and 67. How does that work? Shouldn't it be pairing me within 1 level or so?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not sure why you are talking about. Are you talking about the arena ranking? That's on a per server basis, everyone in your server is in one arena group

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, I thought it kept everyone close in levels somehow. Clearly I didn't understand how it worked! I can't keep pace with the higher levels then it would appear.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
Been playing this for about a week now. Hate Phoenix so much. Every arena match? Phoenix. Ever single Crusade stage? Phoenix. Every dig? Phoenix. Most OP unit in the game. Rediculous.

They should rename this game Phoenix Charge since every meaningful battle is nothing but a coin toss on which side's Phoenix procs first...

Arena is kind of a scam as well as arena coin rewards are based solely on how quickly you started after the server came online. Guildy of mine lucked out and started first day. Been in the top 100 in Arena the entire time. I started 2 weeks later and can't get out of the 800s. The difference in arena coin rewards has been enough that he is now WAY ahead of me in Arena heroes.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Been playing this for about a week now. Hate Phoenix so much. Every arena match? Phoenix. Ever single Crusade stage? Phoenix. Every dig? Phoenix. Most OP unit in the game. Rediculous.

They should rename this game Phoenix Charge since every meaningful battle is nothing but a coin toss on which side's Phoenix procs first...

Arena is kind of a scam as well as arena coin rewards are based solely on how quickly you started after the server came online. Guildy of mine lucked out and started first day. Been in the top 100 in Arena the entire time. I started 2 weeks later and can't get out of the 800s. The difference in arena coin rewards has been enough that he is now WAY ahead of me in Arena heroes.
Gameplay and Guides
Heroes Charge Knowledge Base - Tips, Guides, FAQ and more

Phoenix is great at early levels but fades out quickly after around level 60. You want counters that can silence or get to the back line such as Arcane Sapper, Ember Blade, Cloud Walker, Silencer, Vengeance Spirit, and Death Mage (great with the multi hit ultimate), etc. I'm on a server that's been around since the beginning but I joined long after it was up. My highest arena ranking so far is #9 in the arena and #26 in grand arena so it's definitely possible to climb the ranks. My current account level is 93, almost 94.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider

Still play this (amazingly). Team level is almost 92. For me at least I love seeing Phoenix in Crusade as it give me a chance to recoup my teams energy for the next round (free hits when it's in egg form). Honestly, the only Arena/Grand Arena mobs you will really use and care about later are Fallen Dominion, Cloud Walker and Death Mage. The rest are nice to have. If I were to do it again, I would have only gotten those 3 and spent the rest of my coins on enchanting mats which is the real bottle neck in the game. I'm sitting on several 5* which do nothing but collect dust.

Oh...I only buy the $2.99 monthly card if that puts things in perspective.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm at TL 93 (level cap upped right after I got 90 so didn't have any farming time), and I disagree. FD is pretty much required in arena, but death mage is pretty bad and cloud walker is a liability when your opponent is using emberblade. Plus his clones die pretty easy and his damage output doesn't scale well at higher levels, especially against tanks. I have been #1 in arena quite a few times, and almost always end up in top 20 at end of day

Enchanting mats are also a non issue once you are past 80, since leveling slows down to the point where gold really isn't a problem. Opening bronze chests gives you more than enough mats to enchant anything you want.

The worst teams in crusade are the IH/EB/Pheonix combos in later rounds. No matter what you are going to take some decent damage before you can finish them off. Also NA can be a pain if he is o+1 or 2, since he is really hard to kill before he uses his ultimate at that point. Basically requires you to use ember or IE, but even then he is going to get one crit off because using it before he fully warps ends in him not being targeted.

Really doesn't matter though, crusade should be pretty easy if you are doing it right. Build up all important heroes' energy in the early round and fight to the enemies weaknesses. NA is great against most setups you will see, does tons of damage and heals himself through life steal enough to come out fine. FD can hurt him in a hurry though

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm at TL 93 (level cap upped right after I got 90 so didn't have any farming time), and I disagree. FD is pretty much required in arena, but death mage is pretty bad and cloud walker is a liability when your opponent is using emberblade. Plus his clones die pretty easy and his damage output doesn't scale well at higher levels, especially against tanks. I have been #1 in arena quite a few times, and almost always end up in top 20 at end of day

Enchanting mats are also a non issue once you are past 80, since leveling slows down to the point where gold really isn't a problem. Opening bronze chests gives you more than enough mats to enchant anything you want.

The worst teams in crusade are the IH/EB/Pheonix combos in later rounds. No matter what you are going to take some decent damage before you can finish them off. Also NA can be a pain if he is o+1 or 2, since he is really hard to kill before he uses his ultimate at that point. Basically requires you to use ember or IE, but even then he is going to get one crit off because using it before he fully warps ends in him not being targeted.

Really doesn't matter though, crusade should be pretty easy if you are doing it right. Build up all important heroes' energy in the early round and fight to the enemies weaknesses. NA is great against most setups you will see, does tons of damage and heals himself through life steal enough to come out fine. FD can hurt him in a hurry though
One clarification on my side. When I said DM, I was talking about the overall value of the hero (in Crusade primarily). I don't use her in Arena. Not sure how opening bronzes gets you all the enchant mats you need. I must be missing something as I open up 2M worth of chests daily after finishing the Crusade and have a ton of lower tier stuff sure, but not the stuff I need (i.e. Wraith Dagger). I use coins exclusively to buy higher level enchants/mats from Arena, Grand Arena, Guild AND Soul Shop.

Now my highest I ever got in arena was 110ish, so I'm not as elite, so I might be missing something, but I also started on an older server.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
One clarification on my side. When I said DM, I was talking about the overall value of the hero (in Crusade primarily). I don't use her in Arena. Not sure how opening bronzes gets you all the enchant mats you need. I must be missing something as I open up 2M worth of chests daily after finishing the Crusade and have a ton of lower tier stuff sure, but not the stuff I need (i.e. Wraith Dagger). I use coins exclusively to buy higher level enchants/mats from Arena, Grand Arena, Guild AND Soul Shop.

Now my highest I ever got in arena was 110ish, so I'm not as elite, so I might be missing something, but I also started on an older server.
Wait what? You can use any materials for enchanting mats. You must be talking about something else.

But ya, for DM and cloud walker are must have heroes (for crusade and raids), just not as useful in pvp

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wait what? You can use any materials for enchanting mats. You must be talking about something else.

But ya, for DM and cloud walker are must have heroes (for crusade and raids), just not as useful in pvp
I must be. I'm not talking about staring gear, it's the gear pieces themselves. My bad.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Oh ok, yeah the gear fragments are super slow to farm, and the full gear takes awhile to accumulate past orange. Best to save up grand arena coins for when the gear is 40% off