Heroes of the Storm

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just got alpha access to the game. Can't play tonight but I'll fire it up tomorrow.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea same, my alpha invite came through the other day but...I'm going out of town for like 5 days. I was antsy about it too. ><

Sulrn

Deuces
If I had any of Sean's collector trash I'd bet it all on saying it plays like Dawngate but fails harder due to no depth. Sadly I still have more sense than money and can't bet my Jappo-Anime-gaming-peen to say I told you so. :'(

In all seriousness though. For those in alpha, please provide some insight and explanation if this proves to have any inkling of a pulse that could be deemed life outside of the Facebook-MOBA niche.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
In all seriousness though. For those in alpha, please provide some insight and explanation if this proves to have any inkling of a pulse that could be deemed life outside of the Facebook-MOBA niche.
You can just watch all the streams as well to get a pretty good idea.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
If I had any of Sean's collector trash I'd bet it all on saying it plays like Dawngate but fails harder due to no depth. Sadly I still have more sense than money and can't bet my Jappo-Anime-gaming-peen to say I told you so. :'(

Game is actually really fun. No clue about the limitations of it at any sort of extreme high end play yet, but the initial impression is that the game is high quality. I guess to hit some of the fantastic things and awful things -

Fantastic:

UI. Never thought I'd say it after playing D3/SC2, but Blizzard got their shit together. The game looks fucking awesome when browsing heroes/making a party.

Action - The action in the game is mostly non-stop. The game is more akin to a Bloodline Champions style game with objectives than it is DOTA. Given that I despise the farming/slow elements of DOTA, that's a huge plus.

Terrible:

Hero prices are obscene. The average price for a hero is 7.50, with some heroes being as high as 9.99. It's brutal.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Can you grind for them like in LoL, or is everything just cash based?
You can grind, but it's not a particularly fast grind. Even with the freebie 2k gold you get at the start, I'm only just at 5,300 gold after somewhere between 12-14 games. In terms of money value, the hero prices (relative to gold) are as follows:

2000 gold hero = 3.99

5500 gold hero = 7.50

10,000 gold hero = 9.99

The higher you go in price tier, the less you get for your free grind-based currency.

Twitch

watching Kripp streaming the game now, only 2 lanes and game seems slow compared to LoL/Dota but is more focused on team fights and objectives it seems, UI looks really good

also hope they upgrade the graphics at some point, this isn't something you would expect out of a game in 2014

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No one should be shocked at all by the hero prices. It's the same as the LoL model and it makes more money than god, so of course they would use it.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Twitch

watching Kripp streaming the game now, only 2 lanes and game seems slow compared to LoL/Dota but is more focused on team fights and objectives it seems, UI looks really good

also hope they upgrade the graphics at some point, this isn't something you would expect out of a game in 2014
In game graphics are one of the strongest features of this game. Don't know what you are talking about.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Twitch

10am EST when I clicked on that link. Holy shit the graphics look pretty meh. I thought it looked much better than that.

Juvarisx

Florida
As someone who has never even installed a MoBA, this game is super fun to play. I just hope the community is not as toxic as LoL is as that was purely the reason I never even bothered to try it.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kripp's playing on a POS computer (laptop?) and has the graphics turned down. Waaay down. When I watched earlier there weren't even any shadows.