Heroes of the Storm

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Why is your mid solo? I'd argue mid should always be double occupied. Valla makes a good solo top/bot laner.

Ryoz

<Donor>
With Muradin or Etc (the only warriors I play) I usually roam before 10 because I find laning with them to be pretty rough. Kerrigan I always roam, don't think I've ever laned with her, she can get ganked easily. I've been playing sylv a lot more and since she's so squishy and no real immediate escape I try to stay in top or bottom. I agree that it's pretty hard to gank a solid valla in lane, unless they're dumb and use vault offensively or you have some srs stuns.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
True, I guess it depends on the map we're talking about, I don't know why, but I had dragon shire in mind, I suppose because I assumed noodle went solo mid and it is the most "traditional" moba map where you're laning for extended periods of time and its standard to have the 2/1/2 setup.

Now that you mention it, of course its common to see 2/2/1 on blackheart's and sky temple, but I still see a lot of 2/1/2 on spider map and 2/2/1 does make a lot of sense on that map as well.

Tenks

Yeah good point. DS you want mid solo but most maps you want to place 2 in that lane. Except Cursed where I still think 1-1-3 is superior. Some maps you are rotating all day erry day so the initial lane placements aren't as important. So I guess it doesn't really matter. Valla is a competent laner and can really excel no matter where you put her. I'd prefer for her to be part of the 3 if you're doing a 1-1-3 or part of the top 4 on Blackhearts because her W can generate so much siege and hero damage by just spamming it.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I agree 3/1/1 is best on cursed, but again, probably requires good game sense or vc coordination.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Just won 9 out of 10 games playing kerrigan. I think she's really underrated and I'd dare say she has way more impact on a match than illidan. 2 of those matches had an illidan on my team as well and I put out 2 to 3 times his hero damage.

That win streak bumped me to diamond mmr so that was pretty great.

Tenks

Illidan keeps snowballing but Kerrigan falls off late game. They both fill different roles as well.

Tenks

I've been playing ADC Raynor on maps like Garden, Dragon (Esp Dragon -- its by far the best map for ADC Raynor), Cursed and Tomb. He can absolutely wreck. The only issue is you need to be so extremely careful about your positioning and mini-map awareness since he is so gankable. For some reason people in HL lobby like to rage when I pick Raynor..

Needless

Toe Sucker
They should show the next hero as well, it's already going to be almost a week after the latest hero came out and they said they want to push new heroes every 3 weeks so... 2 week preview makes sense

Everybody whines if you don't pick top tier lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's ADC? I don't speak MOBA
It's LoL lingo for AD(attack damage) Carry. Basically heroes that do most of their damage through their normal attacks rather than skills. The other type of carry in LoL is AP carry, spell based carries. The distinction was made because originally in dota, there was only one type of carry, the equivalent ADC, since spells didn't scale with gear.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I never played a MOBA before HotS. I like it pretty well but goddamn some people take this seriously. I get competitive matchmaking being high pressure but there are some serious asshats in quick match mode.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I never played a MOBA before HotS. I like it pretty well but goddamn some people take this seriously. I get competitive matchmaking being high pressure but there are some serious asshats in quick match mode.
Out of all the online communities, mobas are generally accepted as the worst, closely followed by console FPS and shit like that. The Duning-Kruger effect is at its max potential when you play a game that forces you to play in random teams for the whole duration of the game(quitting tends to be heavily discouraged in all of them) and obviously in the usual anonymity of internet.

The first lesson you should learn in dota and all games of the genre isn't that you suck(I mean, you do, and you should totally accept that), it's that everyone else's a fuckface and a jerk and you should ignore all of them regardless. It's kinda like playing FFA PvP mmos back in the days like UO/AC/SB or various pvp servers on EQ and shit.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
They showed a new map, half heaven half hell, looked really cool but they didn't talk about the mechanics for it at all. They also said there should be more Diablo themed maps as well as Diablo heroes after Butcher.