Heroes of the Storm

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah for QM I wouldn't go all-in burst Zeratul. But if you have a team built around it the build works out better. Pretty much any hero in QM I generally err on the side of sustain over damage. Dead heroes do 0 damage.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So much easier to rank up in HL with a group. Got two buddies to rank 1 over the weekend and I finally broke out of the teens that I've been stuck in for a couple months.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is battlenet under asian attacks again? Game is absolutely unplayable. I got to official forums, theres ton of jibberish forum spam.

Tenks

So much easier to rank up in HL with a group. Got two buddies to rank 1 over the weekend and I finally broke out of the teens that I've been stuck in for a couple months.
Thats why HL rank is so meaningless. You can get just carried to rank 1 if you stack because a group of coordinated sub-par players will always beat uncoordinated better players. I've played with so many rank 1's who were just downright bad at the game. Horrible builds, horrible engagements, horrible map awareness, horrible objective timings. Just objectively bad players ... but the system says they're top 2%.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
That's why SOLOQ rank in League is 1 or 2 people only. If you want to play with additional players in a ranked environment you need a full team.

Also, it's more difficult to carry people in League than it is in HOTs. In HOTS if you're really coordinated and good with the PVE stuff, you can win a lot despite having sub par players (mechanically or otherwise).

Tenks

Yeah there was a bunch of feedback when they implemented HL and subsequently Team League that people would prefer to have a cap of a duo. But for whatever reason Blizzard doesn't seem to care about their ranking system being completely meaningless. I'd kill for a solo-only queue.

Dis

Confirmed Male
I need to add you guys on my friends list. I will work on that tonight. Tenks, and anyone else, send me your battlenet name and I will add you. I will be gentle even if you are new, I can do QM with you and give feedback/tips etc. I am by no means an all star at this game, but I would like to think I have a good grasp of the basics. I can also admit when I fucked up. So anyways, PM away.

Edit: Also, playing with players better than myself will also help my game. I can take feedback pretty well.

Tenks

I have you on my friends list. I'll send you a tell tonight.

Funny thing is after your post about people having terrible picks in HL I played against someone named Dis who I thought was you. This person yolo picked Nova. I almost fell out of my chair. I checked my friends list and it wasn't you since you were still in a QM after the game.

Dis

Confirmed Male
I have you on my friends list. I'll send you a tell tonight.

Funny thing is after your post about people having terrible picks in HL I played against someone named Dis who I thought was you. This person yolo picked Nova. I almost fell out of my chair. I checked my friends list and it wasn't you since you were still in a QM after the game.
lol if they are playing Nova, then it isnt me. The only cloaked player I play is Zera (just recently), and that was yesterday. Was practicing my weaving with that build you guys posted a vid of, not to mention trying to survive with moderate success. Need more practice. I played a lot of BW last night, with a dash of Tychus.

The Master

Bronze Squire
TheGentleman#1373 if anyone wants to add me. I'm a scrub, but I soak, go for objectives, and group after 10, which near as I can tell makes me better than at least half the people I get queued with.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Archaleus#1384 I think I have most of you Friended already but feel free to hit me up if you see me online (I'm going to start being proactive and sending tells more myself) I haven't been on much lately since I don't like playing tired and I have been wiped out recently for some reason. I have most of the Heroes and am pretty competent with a core group of them, echo know how to soak, group etc. and am always open to feedback to up my game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
forever stuck at rank 20, my MMR is destroyed due to retarded team mates who throw the game by doing one stupid thing late game. I'm actually at a negative ratio at this point, its hilarious.

Oh well, bad match making you win.

Tenks

Personally I've found if you want to influence the game the most play Warrior. Which incidentally is probably the hardest to play well. But since you're the one deciding if you're taking a fight you can shoulder much of the burden. It won't 100% protect against yolo Illidans and outright retards but it will prevent your team from fighting in a choke against a KT.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
forever stuck at rank 20, my MMR is destroyed due to retarded team mates who throw the game by doing one stupid thing late game. I'm actually at a negative ratio at this point, its hilarious.

Oh well, bad match making you win.
My mmr is wrecked, but in a different way. My win rate is well above .500, yet I only get 60-90 points a win now because I started like 2-11 so the game thought I should be at 400 mmr and I had to slowly climb my mmr back up. Gotta win 4-5 games for every loss at this point to rank up and thats just not feasible/sustainable.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
The quick match solo queue experience is pretty frustrating. I pick Muradin because I have a quest for warriors. I wait maybe 40 seconds to get a match and this is our lineup: me, Valla, Jaina, Tyrande, Abathur. They get: Kerrigan, Uther, Lili, Valla, Nova. I would have waited another minute or two for a more balanced game than that.
frown.png

Tenks

The issue is the level of supports. Tyrande is an offensive support with weak healing. More a set up support. Should never be primary support. But the way QM works is you get a support ANY support as long as the other team has a support. So they could get two healers and you could get a Tassadar. Which isn't very fair.

With that said the lineup isn't unwinnable. I'd play Muradin W build, ask Abathur to take attack speed on hats then take Muradin's executioner at 16. That way everything is just dead. Their composition was heavily focused on early game ganks so I could see a QM boiling over when it is level 8 (you) versus level 10 but it is almost to be expected with Kerrigan + Nova. Their Uther would also have to spec more tanky so he wouldn't be a fantastic support in that game.