Heroes of the Storm

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I only like it because of the drastically different game play. Aggressively pushing the keeps (forts) is quite different.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can play that way, agressive / passive on every map?
Really dont know what they were aiming for with that map. At this point i feel they should invest more resources in more heroes being released faster than more maps.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I doubt the teams that make the heroes and the team that make the maps cross over too much so I don't think taking from one will really add to another. The way their content creation pipeline sounded at BlizzCon I think just throwing bodies at it would really make the quality suffer. It just feels like they're missing on the mechanics with their past two (I'd argue three) maps.

Xith

I've lost twice on that new map due to the other team capturing their tower a millisecond before my team got ours. Not a big fan of that mechanic.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I've lost twice on that new map due to the other team capturing their tower a millisecond before my team got ours. Not a big fan of that mechanic.
On the flip side if you leave their towers low, win the team fight, then split, kill towers, and then channel, you get bonus shots. I like the map but feel it is one sided when played correctly

Tenks

This is horseshit. To get the vulture mount I have to recruit 4 people? What the fuck am I a fucking Mormon?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This is horseshit. To get the vulture mount I have to recruit 4 people? What the fuck am I a fucking Mormon?
Recruit alt accounts and afk grind solo PvE games with bots? I don't think it takes that long to reach 10 with the free boost and shit, and from what I've seen for some reason bots almost always win 4vs5 for you.

Tenks

Recruit alt accounts and afk grind solo PvE games with bots? I don't think it takes that long to reach 10 with the free boost and shit, and from what I've seen for some reason bots almost always win 4vs5 for you.
Yeah I want the mount but not with that much effort. I'll just cough up the dough when it hits the shop.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Considering the friend gets a stim pack, getting to level 10 is going to take no time at all. Doing it four times might indeed suck though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure you can setup autohotkey or whatever to just queue up games over and over against AI while you sleep, and you'll most likely get lvl 10 in a night of doing, so shouldn't be too bad. And since you're not actively playing with people, I don't think Blizzard will give a flying fuck.

The Master

Bronze Squire
So out of curiosity I did one AI game on an alt account. I got Towers of Doom which is the worst possible one for this, but one game and I'm level 3 on this account. Without friend xp. To get level 10 between the stim pack, the bonus xp week, and a friend doing it with you you're probably looking at less than 10 games per account. So 35-ish games? At 5min each it'll like take three hours. Just need to have four extra e-mail addresses laying around to sign up for b.net accounts. If you have multiple computers/are capable of boxing, you could do all four at once and it'd take like an hour.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It took 9-10 games to get to level 10 with stimpack/bonus xp/friend xp. So it's not too bad, but it's not that easy either. That's in Quick Match. VS AI you'll get less xp per game

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah smurfing is pretty easy with the stim pack and queueing with a buddy. I got one to level 10 in 10 games that had 7 wins. (one was a 9 minute win so i didn't get much there lol)

The Master

Bronze Squire
It took 9-10 games to get to level 10 with stimpack/bonus xp/friend xp. So it's not too bad, but it's not that easy either. That's in Quick Match. VS AI you'll get less xp per game
But you always get the win bonus. Put HotS on the wife's laptop, duo-boxed vs beginner AI. Took 11 games, but they were 5min each or less except for towers. Just ping all the bots to you and push one lane all the way to core. If the map has a boss, push that lane, then grab boss when it pops. Going to do it again later today and I'll be done.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
But you always get the win bonus. Put HotS on the wife's laptop, duo-boxed vs beginner AI. Took 11 games, but they were 5min each or less except for towers. Just ping all the bots to you and push one lane all the way to core. If the map has a boss, push that lane, then grab boss when it pops. Going to do it again later today and I'll be done.
I'm pretty sure there is no win bonus vs ai?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played quickmatch in months and now I remember why, the matchmaker is still complete shit

Tenks

Haven't played quickmatch in months and now I remember why, the matchmaker is still complete shit
Yeah I probably will hold off on coming back to Heroes until they actually launch the revamped match maker. I'm finding Starcraft more fun anyways.