Heroes of the Storm

Ryoz

<Donor>
The 10 hero req is pretty genius, because it's almost worth spending the money just to get out of the versus cesspool.

Ryoz

<Donor>
How many here actually have 10 heroes? I think I have 5 or 6. Better see some solid sales on hero bundles later today.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have 9 and I'm just a few hundred gold away from buying another 4k hero. No money spent, just lvling heroes to 5.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm pretty sure I have 10. I guess I'd have to log in to actually check. I also have 11k gold sitting around if I do need to buy up some cheaper heroes.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I bought one of the bundles and had one from D3 release (think I have 5?), sitting on 10k gold atm as well with a ton of heroes yet to lvl to 5. I am also interested to see what the new bundles are.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
They really want to put screws to anyone - even moba vets to get to ranked. There is no way I would endure the grind to get 10 champs. I'm not sold on the game enough to spend cash on just hero access. Ranked is going to be absolutely full of players who will be forced into playing the small pool of low cost heroes because that's all anyone has - and no duplicate heroes. That's going to be hell. It makes my decision easy to not pick the game back up. I assume that they will have no bans in ranked. As with a 10 hero requirement that means that if you ban one and pick the other 9 - a player would be hero less. I hope they manage a big playerbase. This decision fragments their players so heavily - disregarding skill at all - league and dota thrive because of stupid level of players makes matchmaking good for most players in terms of both time waiting and skill variance.
Well you need 10 without the free rotation right? But you can still pick from the free heroes. So it'll be a mixture of free and cheap heroes, which is better than it is now, which is just the same free heroes every game.

Tenks

Yeah you need to own 10 heroes. If those 10 overlap with F2P that is fine but if you own 5 then have 5 non-overlapping F2P that doesn't count.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I would think getting to level 30 is a more daunting task in that game than getting 10 heroes.

Tenks

You'll get level 30 way sooner than you'll get the gold to buy 10 heroes. And with Stimpack/Friends bonus you can level up really easily now.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Is there a hero that works like Katarina from league where it can reset it's ability cooldowns on enemy hero kills and assists?

Tenks

No nothing like that exists. But a few heroes gain access to a talent called Rewind which refreshes your abilities.

Caliane

yes. nova resets her triple tap if it kills its target. 2nd trait for tripletap does it.

Others like tenks mentioned have "rewind" like zilean. falstad has that.

Others do have CD reduction on various conditions.
cd reduction on attack, etc. Nova again can get a trait which reduces her snipe based on how many targets it hits. allowing 1s spamming in the right conditions.

Vitality

HUSTLE
No nothing like that exists. But a few heroes gain access to a talent called Rewind which refreshes your abilities.
Looks like I'm playing stitches then I guess in that case (if I get a beta invite tomorrow).

Maybe I'll try and see if there's a long range skill shot based caster around.

Tenks

yes. nova resets her triple tap if it kills its target.
Thats not really what he's talking about and that is a level 20 talent at that. I think he wanted more of an ability refresh on a takedown. Which in this game for how quickly takedowns happen and occur I'm not sure if a hero like that could be balanced in this environment.

Caliane

Cool thanks for the info, from the streams I watched it seemed like Nova was in every game, FOTM I bet.
pubstomper.

shes still good for sure, at high end. But, new players have no idea how stealth works. or how to body/npc block tripletap.

Imagine Caitlyn with Eve's stealth.
With snipe being piltover piecemaker. with no delay. (granted it starts as on hit, one target. but can be traited to be aoe, and piercing.)
triple tap is ace in the hole, but 3 hits instead of 1.

Tenks

She is a cloak long ranged assassin hero. So yes she is very, very popular. Even if I feel trying to "main" Nova if you don't know the game means you'll probably be terrible transitioning to a different hero.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
You'll get level 30 way sooner than you'll get the gold to buy 10 heroes. And with Stimpack/Friends bonus you can level up really easily now.
Really because I'm only level 22 at the moment and I've made about 20k+ gold. If it only takes 28k gold as the cheapest route to purchase characters, I think I'd have that before I hit 30.

Vitality

HUSTLE
pubstomper.

shes still good for sure, at high end. But, new players have no idea how stealth works. or how to body/npc block tripletap.

Imagine Caitlyn with Eve's stealth.
With snipe being piltover piecemaker. with no delay. (granted it starts as on hit, one target. but can be traited to be aoe, and piercing.)
triple tap is ace in the hole, but 3 hits instead of 1.
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of those champions. No nova for me.