Heroes of the Storm

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Keep your eyes on the minimap, where they should be. No one pays attention to mounts and after a few games, you wont either.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Heh Mounts are eye candy for the 1st 30 seconds of the game. Outside of that, who gives a fuck.

Lots of people complaining about lag since Open Beta, anyone having that problem?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have had some (very) slight input delay it feels like over the past couple days, but nothing hugely noticeable.

Needless

Toe Sucker
kael is so funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn once i hit lvl 16 everything just dies when i touch it lol

NgahuGq.jpg

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
^ Curious, what spec are you using with Kael?

I'm really enjoying him, but compared to Valla (the other ranged assassin I've played extensively) he seems somewhat hit and miss. When you have a good team, especially coordinated over skype, you can hang in the back and just wreck shit from a distance, but when stuck with crappy players/team composition where you can't rely on getting heals and having good tanks to stand behind, he either gets torn up like a piece of wet paper (admittedly, not as badly as Jaina) or I spend so much time avoiding dangerous situations that I hardly get a chance to get off his big damage combos.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Muck Furky.

Lost 3 out of my last 5 ranks games, why? Because the enemy team has a murky, such a bullshit hero. At least the first one was just a legitimately good player, he was making good plays and constantly getting away without dying, but the last game I played last night the murky player was fucking terrible, he died over 40x and was constantly getting blown up before even using his bubble once, his feeding gave us a 2 lvl advantage early/mid game. But that really doesn't matter late game when rez timers are 60s and his is 5s. Got a 5v4 or even 5v3 advantage, good time to take boss?, nope not if the enemy team has a murky, he'll just delay/soften you up until the rest of the enemy team gets there to clean up.

Ryoz

<Donor>

I'm really enjoying him, but compared to Valla (the other ranged assassin I've played extensively) he seems somewhat hit and miss. When you have a good team, especially coordinated over skype, you can hang in the back and just wreck shit from a distance, but when stuck with crappy players/team composition where you can't rely on getting heals and having good tanks to stand behind, he either gets torn up like a piece of wet paper (admittedly, not as badly as Jaina) or I spend so much time avoiding dangerous situations that I hardly get a chance to get off his big damage combos.
A smart nova or zeratul will harass the shit out of Kael. I knew with 0 deaths that team didn't have either of those assassins. Valla is a bit safer, but yea most realize you can't just let Kael alone, especially late game.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Muck Furky.

Lost 3 out of my last 5 ranks games, why? Because the enemy team has a murky, such a bullshit hero. At least the first one was just a legitimately good player, he was making good plays and constantly getting away without dying, but the last game I played last night the murky player was fucking terrible, he died over 40x and was constantly getting blown up before even using his bubble once, his feeding gave us a 2 lvl advantage early/mid game. But that really doesn't matter late game when rez timers are 60s and his is 5s. Got a 5v4 or even 5v3 advantage, good time to take boss?, nope not if the enemy team has a murky, he'll just delay/soften you up until the rest of the enemy team gets there to clean up.
Towards the latter part of the game you have almost nothing to do but play a game of find the egg. If you aren't actively destroying his egg and allowing him to place it forward or near team fights he can be extremely punishing. But if you force him to egg back at home you can easily just kill him at the start of the team fight and he won't be able to come back until it is over. That still means he'll more than likely get his slime/puffer/octo combo off on you but you need to make it so the only viable target for this combo is your heavy tank. If your squishies are out of place Murky can usually kill them with that combo.

Tenks

I wonder if this is what they mean by trying to get better match making. I don't play a ton of hero league so my hidden MMR is higher than my actual rank but I never got more than 101 bonus points pre-patch.

Needless

Toe Sucker

Heroes of the Storm (Heroes) Builds Guides, wiki, database and forums. Heroes Hero Build Guides on HeroesFire Wiki!

the only things that i change between are @ lvl 4, i'll go gathering power if i'm not worried about a nova/zeratul ganking me.. otherwise i use Nether Wind most often.

@ lvl 20 it's a toss up between bolt of the storm & arcane power, if i'm getting constantly focused i'll take bolt, if we have the end game momentum i'll take arcane power for bigger explosions, and not having to worry about my mana depleting.

The main thing is getting Chain Bomb @ lvl 13, and Ignite at lvl 16... those two combined do insane damage. Most often you'll be buffing your flame strike with verdant spheres, unless you need to buff your gravity lapse to hit 3 targets with stuns (given they're lined up).

If you get good at gauging whether to use verdant spheres on Q or E it can really, really change team fights lol

--

How are bonus points even gauged in terms of "Skill"? I've been getting a lot of 400+ points lately too when i play kael

Tenks

I think bonus points is simply the game trying to catch your hidden MMR up to the rank you're supposed to be playing. So lets say I have 3k MMR in QM. But I'm rank 40 in HL. The game says "Wait a sec you should be higher" so it awards you skill points at the end of the match to try and equalize their perception of your skill with your HL ranking. AFAIK it doesn't have much to do with how you individually performed in any given match but I don't know exactly how they calculate the points either.

As for KT I really like to D his W when I'm early game laning because I find if I D his Q I can quickly run OOM. So it basically makes W a free to cast spell on a 5 second cooldown. Obviously it doesn't clear as fast as DQ but it makes you stay in lane forever especially if you took heal off D as well at 1.

I also think there is a hidden build in KT not yet realized where you fully spec his E and become an absolute CC nightmare. His damage spec is pretty straight forward and easier to play but his talent interactions off his E appear outstanding if you can reliably land 2-3 person E's. You could probably just go E, E, E (maybe W), Phoenix, Chain, Ignite, Bolt. You'd still have pretty outstanding firepower with the build as well.

Tenks

Also I think new ETC is better than old ETC.

I don't think KT is worth being first-pick every HL game I've played. He's good but not unstoppable. If people in HL actually drafted well if they first pick KT you could easily pick a hero to counter him. Nova especially but cleave Zeratul does a great job as well. Murky too.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Games pretty disappointing, played for the first time today for about 10 hours... no improvements, only simplified the moba genre. Less emphasis on the individual pretty much kills any joy of going in solo.

Tenks

The game has enormous individual play ability. That opinion is base. Can you afk farm for 30 minutes then emerge and 3v1? No. But that is fucking gay anyways. Can you win a team fight yourself with an outstanding play? Yes.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Games pretty disappointing, played for the first time today for about 10 hours... no improvements, only simplified the moba genre. Less emphasis on the individual pretty much kills any joy of going in solo.
I found the "focus on the individual" is exactly what killed going solo in other MOBA's. Everyone is focused on doing their own thing instead of working together to win the match - I'm as guilty as the next guy, the traditional MOBA setup just doesn't inherently encourage teamwork. That was fine when it was just a WC3 mod 12 years ago or whatever, but for better or worse, HOTS is the first attempt to actually significantly evolve the gameplay of the genre.

That said, it's definitely an attitude adjustment that takes a while to sink in, it turned me off at first and right now it's pissing me off really badly with all the open beta people coming over from LOL/DOTA2 and cruising around by themselves trying to max their TD's/hero damage instead of focusing on objectives and team fights. They really need to work on the matchmaking at some point, it's atrocious right now.

Heroes of the Storm (Heroes) Builds Guides, wiki, database and forums. Heroes Hero Build Guides on HeroesFire Wiki!

the only things that i change between are @ lvl 4, i'll go gathering power if i'm not worried about a nova/zeratul ganking me.. otherwise i use Nether Wind most often.

@ lvl 20 it's a toss up between bolt of the storm & arcane power, if i'm getting constantly focused i'll take bolt, if we have the end game momentum i'll take arcane power for bigger explosions, and not having to worry about my mana depleting.

The main thing is getting Chain Bomb @ lvl 13, and Ignite at lvl 16... those two combined do insane damage. Most often you'll be buffing your flame strike with verdant spheres, unless you need to buff your gravity lapse to hit 3 targets with stuns (given they're lined up).

If you get good at gauging whether to use verdant spheres on Q or E it can really, really change team fights lol
Yeah that's basically the exact same setup I'm using, except I usually grab Mana Addict since it means I more or less never OOM, and I generally reserve D for Living Bomb until I get Ignite at 16 - early game it's a good way to get free DPS in to harass without wasting mana, and later (pre-16) the 2x living bomb combo seems to work better for me than a bigger Flamestrike (depending on situation, ofc).

Once I got used to it I've actually started to like to D mechanic - it turned me off at first because I hated it on Arthas, but like you said, gauging which spell to enhance can really be a gamechanger.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Someone teach me to not suck at Murky. I feel like I've gotten shit on by Murky a lot, but I'm completely ineffective with him

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone teach me to not suck at Murky. I feel like I've gotten shit on by Murky a lot, but I'm completely ineffective with him
Played murky twice again last night, first time my team lost because we had an idiot pick gazlowe and he started doing boss solo at ~12 while temples were up and it was top and bottom temple so its not like we were even going to sneak it. We were only slightly ahead before that so he probably just sealed our fate in what would have been a long drawn out loss to murky. The second game we won because murky was dumb, placed his egg way too aggressively. He consistently placed it RIGHT at the team fight so we were able to take out his egg while team fighting. So to answer your question just place your egg close enough to a team fight that you can keep harassing, but not so close that the enemy team can destroy it while still team fighting. Early game you probably will lose team fights, but you're murky so even if they win the team fight just keep harassing until the rest of your team gets back.

And really that would be the perfect fix for murky, something ppl suggested back in alpha, you have to die within x range of your egg to respawn instantly. Abathur has to play aggressively/forward to have an impact, Murky you are rewarded for hiding in base, makes no sense.

Tenks

With Murky your team needs to know you are completely and utterly ineffective until 10 and realistically until 16. Your basic build will be

1 -- Either egg, block or bribe (I generally go block)
4 -- Dream
7 -- Compressed
10 -- Octo
13 -- Cod
16 -- Slime Fish
20 -- Improved Octo

From here your only purpose in life is to lane clear and engage. It is pretty stupid simple. You throw a slime-enabled pufferfish on a squishy and immediately octograb so they take the puffer damage. This combo alone can do about 2k damage; remember Octograb persists through Murky's death. You will die but your team should pick up the "real" kill. So you traded 0.25 for 1. Run back into the fight and just try disrupting at that point. The real difficulty in Murky is figuring out where team fights are happening, hiding your egg and making sure to constantly move your egg around. Even though you trade 0.25 for 1 you still leave your team in a 4v4 situation if you cannot come back soon enough.

Tenks

In HL if they both get out of the first pick spot it seems pretty common to go KT + Jaina afterwards and that combo is a frightening nightmare. I think I had a team yesterday of KT, Jaina, ETC, Diablo, Lili and it was frightening how much we just shit on the team.