Heroes of the Storm

Needless

Toe Sucker
Diablo change is shitty too lol
they've been going downhill for a long time, AV was all they could truly do

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
There have been some pretty good games so far in the Mid-Season Brawl. I am rooting for Heroes Hearth and really want to see how far they can go, coming from the open division and making it this far really quick. The Koreans are strong as always but Tempo Storm actually looked really good against them so far. Dignitas doesn't look that great so far but that could change quickly through the week.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yrel seems kinda underwhelming? super tanky which is cool but i dont like her charge up mechanic, feels weird being a tank that is not actually auto attacking 80% of the time

also, forgot how much funner this game is playing with buddies, doing a fenix/zarya wombo is actually so funny

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
STEPPING-UP ABUSIVE CHAT PENALTIES
Blizzard Entertainment 2018-6-11
YUZZ5922E8OS1523998001842.jpg

In the next few days, we’ll be rolling out improvements to our reporting system for abusive chat. Specifically, we’re changing the ways we penalize repeat offenders by increasing the severity of the actions we take against their accounts.
In the current system, players who are regularly reported for abusive chat incur a silence penalty, which restricts them from chatting in-game and prevents them from playing Hero League for the penalty’s duration. Subsequent offenses result in increasingly longer silence penalty durations. In some cases, however, silence penalties alone aren’t enough for repeat offenders to see the error in their ways and correct their behavior.
As a result, we’re going to greatly reduce the number of silence penalties we apply to repeat offenders’ accounts. Instead, a player who returns to abusive behavior after their initial silences expire will begin incurring account suspensions. These suspensions will quickly ramp-up in duration and prevent them from playing Heroes of the Storm entirely. Players who prove they are incapable of—or unwilling to—improve their behavior after being warned, silenced, and suspended enough times will be permanently banned from the game.
We’re also aware that some players are concerned that they may be penalized after being falsely reported for abusive chat or abusive voice. This is not the case. Here’s how we handle false reports in these instances:

• Abusive chat or spam reports are ignored if they are issued against a player who hasn’t participated in in-game chat or public chat channels.
  • Abusive voice reports are ignored if they are issued against a player who hasn’t participated in voice chat.
  • Abusive chat and abusive voice reports issued by players on an enemy team are also ignored.
Furthermore, we have already begun implementing machine learning technology that further enhances our ability to validate and empower accurate player reports. This has proven very successful so far, and we plan to continue leveling-up and expanding our report validation processes going forward
As always, we’d like to thank those of you who continue to use the appropriate in-game reporting options to bring negative behavior to our attention. Your reports are important in helping us take action against offending players and those actions are about to have even more impact than they did before.

Head to the official Heroes of the Storm forums to discuss this post with other players.

I have never see a game company try so hard to ruin their games. The silence shit in this game and in overwatch suck shit through a straw. It's set up to be abused and has been since it first was introduced. It you play very very casually you can be as toxic as you want since their system is reports per time period instead of an average over games played. People have shown simply playing often will get you fucked over.

Rude

Potato del Grande
That's some funny shit. Their bullet points are moot since that's how the report feature has worked for some time. You can't report someone for verbal abuse if they never chat or ping. Can't report enemy team, etc.

Agreed on the abuse. It clearly just goes through an automated counter and flags an account once a threshold is reached. When I tried playing HL again near the end of last year it was pretty shitty. Can't say this shit has been good for the game by any stretch of the imagination.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm already at 30+ day silence now, once you get silenced once it just snowballs no matter what you do. Their system is entirely abuseable to the point of if anybody says anything people just report them it's retarded

"Can you help with team fights? were losing"
reported.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I never use chat while playing anyway, especially in HOTS since you can't talk shit to the other team, and if my teammates are being bad I just yell at them through coms.

Probably a much bigger factor if you're playing solo and ranked...

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It does kind of amaze me how awful some people are at this game but most often they end up being shit tier Russians or some failure from a Spanish speaking country. Really wish they forced people to play in their own regions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I have seen a lot of the failure Spanish speaking country's. What is funny is I have a good friend I play with from Mexico and if he invites me into one of his group of fellow Spanish speaking folks, it is such a horrible match I am not sure how he gets enjoyment out of it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I need to grind a few games out with people on the friends list for the freebie reward crap if anyone is interested in playing a few games of HoTS this week. Probably some quickplay action.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Move the balancing team over to Overwatch please so Geoff can be moved away from it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's not like they would've let Icefrog actually do anything on their version of dota cause "it's too hard", so thank god

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
lol croetec you think dota would be anything even remotely what it is now if the retards at blizzard had it? it would be just as bad, if not worse than what HOTS was

real shame their original idea for the game made some neat heroes, but holy fuck did this game ever go downhill when they decided "2.0" was a good idea.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am glad the faggots who worked on this got fired. They need to fire more people at Blizzard for doing a bad job. Sadly they don't really get fired at Bliz though just shuffled around, truth is the people who work on balance for this company need be flipping fucking burgers.

• 2Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why the hate? Been playing this on and off since its beta. Got waaay more than my moneys worth in playtime, was always our go to game for me and my buds. The fact that theyre pulling the plug is honestly killing our motivation but hey, some games live longer than others.

This game always received more hate than it deserved by people trying to judge it agaisnt dota or lol. It was a niche casual moba that stood on its own and at the end of day, it was the one i could have fun playing unlike dota.

Sad to see poor management fkin up this 1 but not suprised. Blizz is going full steam on a serious downward path.