Heroes of the Storm

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
New website for Blizzard's moba, they say they've changed the name to Heroes of the Storm but I'm not sure if this is a joke or what. Heroes of the Storm acronym = HotS = Heart of the Swarm and on facebook they say its ok if you just call it heroes, which to me would easily be confused with HoN. Anyways, here is the website, its just a carbots animation video, which are awesome btw. More info to come at blizzcon I'm sure.

Blizzard Entertainment:Heroes of the Storm
https://www.facebook.com/BlizzHeroes

Battletag List
March#1831
Serum#1204
Luxury#1795
Xaldren#1414
Smellson#1634
Ome#1265
Proobs#1918
Obsequey#1436
InsantysMuse#1793
OblioVegas#1601
Myst#1785
istrtedajoke#1960
Nidhogg#1588
Noodleface#1412
MrHolland420#1169
Grumblecake#1434
Vittra#1784
DeLLy#1309
Archaleus#1384
Vatic#1848
knytestorme#1390
Vitality#1271
Samuros#1142
Dizzam#1383
Artemis#1332
Teck#1602
accordion#1700
Xith#1753
Eonan#1211
Kirotan#1263
Draegan #1790
Bragon#1861
Machinethis#1914

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Don't see any room for this game to exist. League is already the biggest game in history and dota2 is no small fry either, but who the fuck knows; it being Blizzard means all bets are off and it could randomly wind up with millions of users that just want to be Kerrigan or something.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think people would be amazed how many fanboys will be playing a MOBA where they can have Lich King as their hero. Or Kerrigan. Or Thrall. Or Deckard Kain. Or.. (Insert about 56 right here).

Let's just hope they don't charge DLC fees to get access to other hero skins/voices.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Who knows but people didn't expect Hearthstone to be that big. Don't underestimate Blizzard.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who knows but people didn't expect Hearthstone to be that big. Don't underestimate Blizzard.
who the fuck didnt think a blizzard CCG wouldn't be a giant cash cow? the only complaint was no android. and "ipad later".

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I think people would be amazed how many fanboys will be playing a MOBA where they can have Lich King as their hero. Or Kerrigan. Or Thrall. Or Deckard Kain. Or.. (Insert about 56 right here).

Let's just hope they don't charge DLC fees to get access to other hero skins/voices.
Dibs on Gamon

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hearthstone has very little competition, it was a good idea to make a card game(another one that is) especially with the Blizzard touch of simplifying everything and making games shorter and more "fun" by removing ressource management and shit like that. How are they going to simplify what LoL does without ruining the concept and making a game that'll work for a month then be forgotten? And if they're not simplifying, how are they even going to grab people away from LoL other than the novelty? That's nothing to say of one of the most important part of dota-likes, content, specifically heroes/champions. At the speed blizzard release updates how long until you get a decent pool of heroes? It isn't even like Valve who are also slow as shit but only had to copy the dota heroes and not do any balance or research or anything, most of the work was artistic and making the basic engine. Blizzard basically has to start from scratch.

We'll see but I think this will be one of the biggest Blizzard flops, unless they go for a very dota lite kind of thing with a small investment, kinda like a mobile/ipad dota 15mins games kind of shit, then maybe I could see it working, in terms of revenue.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I love the carbot trailer, nice to see the guy making money.

IIRC last time they talked about allstars was that they were thinking about removing creep gold or something...

Itzena_sl

shitlord
who the fuck didnt think a blizzard CCG wouldn't be a giant cash cow? the only complaint was no android. and "ipad later".
Go read the first couple of pages in the Hearthstone thread here.
smile.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I think this game is going to be very different from what is on the market right now.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Maybe Blizzard will be the guys to make a 15-20 minute long moba game versus everyone else's 30-60 minute matches.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe Blizzard will be the guys to make a 15-20 minute long moba game versus everyone else's 30-60 minute matches.
Yeah that's where I see them doing maybe something worth it. Could rework the formula entirely, remove lane concept, have only jungle, you group up right away to kill group of mobs, can split top/mid/bot jungle still to make the xp more efficient but more risky since enemy can gank your jungle too. Very fast item/level curve, maybe closer to War3 system where creeps drop items directly(but shared so people don't cry when you "steal" their items), could be 3vs3 too, then just walk into enemy base and kill some towers shit. PvP can happen at all stages, builds aren't as indepth in terms of skills(3skills+1ultimate but only 2 ranks of each). That kind of oversimplification, leading to very short games that are mostly about pvp, kinda like wow arenas more so than dota.

With that said, LoL tried that sort of thing with Dominion, and it pretty much died out(still is played but it didn't overtake the old map or anything). So I don't know how successful it'd be, but it might draw some people who don't play dota-likes because it's blizzard.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They need to do something to separate this game from DOTA2 and LoL. I know I personally don't play MOBA because I don't have an hour to burn. I prefer SC2 because if I want to end the game early I can or I can play a longer drawn out game. I can queue for a single game and know it will be over in 20 minutes or less.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This seems to be the new trend with Blizzard games. Quick and fast. Look at WoW, the dungeons are real short and you can complete them in under 20 minutes or even less. LFR doesn't take that long unless your a dps waiting in que. Once your in a wing can be cleared in an hour? Hearthstone matches are on average 15 minutes or so. So yeah Blizzard are streamlining their games to make them quicker.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If they want to compete with LOL/Dota they have to use the triple lane, early/mid/late game flow. It's how these games are played now. If they fuck with that it's like comparing the NFL with canadian football. The rules, fields and everything else are odd and different.

DOTA and LOL are like the National and American leagues in baseball. Same fields, but on one side the pitcher bats so it's a bit more unpredictable.

edit:
That's not to say that this game will be unpopular. People will still play the fuck out of it, but I don't think it'll get the acclaim or popularity that League has.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
If they want to compete with LOL/Dota they have to use the triple lane, early/mid/late game flow. It's how these games are played now. If they fuck with that it's like comparing the NFL with canadian football. The rules, fields and everything else are odd and different.

DOTA and LOL are like the National and American leagues in baseball. Same fields, but on one side the pitcher bats so it's a bit more unpredictable.

edit:
That's not to say that this game will be unpopular. People will still play the fuck out of it, but I don't think it'll get the acclaim or popularity that League has.
Yeah just like how WoW had to compete with EQ by having XP loss, forced grouping and slow levelling amirite?

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Breaking the 3 lane design will be really hard. LoL has certainly tried, and failed miserably almost every time. People asked for new maps all the time, but no one really wants that. The map really is very much core to the play of the game.

I think ARAM with one lane is finally doing it to some degree. But at the same time, that is really not competitive.