Heroes Reborn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Heroes Reborn

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2015-09-24

Creator: Tim Kring

Cast: Jack Coleman, Zachary Levi, Kiki Sukezane, Judi Shekoni, Robbie Kay, Rya Kihlstedt, Henry Zebrowski, Gatlin Green, Danika Yarosh, Ryan Guzman

Overview: The supernatural phenomenon begins again with a fresh crop of inspiring heroes who take on the ultimate struggle between those with extraordinary abilities and those with nefarious motives to hunt and harness their powers. Epic adventures await these newly empowered allies as they cross paths with some of the original characters, unlocking the mysterious fate of the universe and their place within it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Heroes Reborn is set to make its debut in 2015 as an ?event miniseries? with original creator and executive producer Tim Kring in charge of its rebirth. The show has a 13-episode order.

?The enormous impact ?Heroes? had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,? said NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke in a press release.

She continued, ?Shows with that kind of resonance don?t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. We?re thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won?t rule out the possibility of some of the show?s original cast members popping back in.?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
in 2015, NBC will bring back "Heroes Reborn" for a 13 episode mini series. New cast though they won't rule out old characters making reappearances. Tim Kring is back and will be heading up the project.

I'll probably watch it and I'll look forward to people complaining about it every week and still watching it.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
It doesn't seem like 13 episodes would be able to satisfy one's love for superheroes. I'd love a full series as long as it didn't become ridiculously convoluted and stupid. I can't even remember what happened after the second season.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One of the biggest disappointments in my TV life was the Peter Petrelli Vs. Sylar fight. What a waste.

I will of course watch it, but damnit what a waste of film that fight was.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
story suffered horribly, felt like the writers were only 1-2 episodes ahead of filming. hopefully they get a better story fleshed out for all 13 episodes before they start filming

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
One of the biggest disappointments in my TV life was the Peter Petrelli Vs. Sylar fight. What a waste.

I will of course watch it, but damnit what a waste of film that fight was.
I consider this one of the strongest examples of shitty writing in television. Peter and Sylar got completely out of control. So much so that they didn't really know what to do with either of them. They made every other character on the show boring, and redundant. They also couldn't really make the two characters fight because the world would end. So you got the awful shit that we did.

Peter's power list is just insane:

1. Flight
2. Invisibility
3. Precognition
4. Precognitive Dreaming
5. Time Travel
6. Rapid Healing (that would make Wolverine jelly... basically immortality)
7. Telekinesis
8. Induce Radiation
9. Enhanced Strength
10. Enhanced Speed
11. Electricity Manipulation
12. Phasing
13. Pyrokinesis (hurling fucking nukes when paired with radiation)
14. Power Mimic

How and the fuck do they let that happen? Sylar has the same list. Even comic book writers were thinking "What the fuck?". Anyway, I'll watch this just because I am a sucker for superheroes. The writers had better have a game plan this time before they start making the same mistakes.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Peter's power list is just insane:

1. Flight
2. Invisibility
3. Precognition
4. Precognitive Dreaming
5. Time Travel
6. Rapid Healing (that would make Wolverine jelly... basically immortality)
7. Telekinesis
8. Induce Radiation
9. Enhanced Strength
10. Enhanced Speed
11. Electricity Manipulation
12. Phasing
13. Pyrokinesis (hurling fucking nukes when paired with radiation)
14. Power Mimic

How and the fuck do they let that happen? Sylar has the same list. Even comic book writers were thinking "What the fuck?". Anyway, I'll watch this just because I am a sucker for superheroes. The writers had better have a game plan this time before they start making the same mistakes.
IIRC their original plan was a different bunch each season. I think that had potential if they ended season 1 with Peter vs Sylar in current time, Peter losing control of radiation power and nuking new york. Future Hiro basically fucks Peter over letting him think it's Sylar who does it, but it was always him - Hiro just wanted to make sure Sylar couldn't regen out of it. This makes more sense with the original storyline anyway - why the fuck would Sylar want to blow up new york ?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
IIRC, didn't they try to dumb down Peter by making it so he could only one power at a time? Had they actually had a real right between him and Sylar at the end of season 1 and then that would have been the fall out to season 2 where he was basically recovering and that was a result of the fight things would have been okay with him. Unfortunately so many other things went wrong it didn't really matter.

With them not ruling out other characters making reappearances I hope Jack Coleman (Noah Bennett) comes back but with him doing episodes of both Scandal and Burn Notice (I think) I don't see how it would be possible.
frown.png

And for the love of God....please no Ando.

Also, Astro....everyone knows you'll watch so your "No" post was a waste of the 2 seconds it took me to look at it.

Goatface

while the show went downhill quickly after season 1, like to give Tim Kring a tiny bit of leeway. over the years, what his says the plan was, has changed. he wanted just to tell origin stories. he does put blame on nbc and fans for changing that.

He isn't a comic book guy wanted the show be more about the people and not their powers. later on, he blamed Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb for changing that.

The writers strike totally wrecked season 2, it went from a planed 30 episodes to 11, it was going to be three 6 part story arcs and 6 self contained origins of people that could have made the main cast.

so if everything had went right would the show not have ended up a train wreck, maybe. Kring has certainly passed the blame around over the years. maybe if he had read a couple of books would have know what to do.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If S1 had ended with Peter exploding the show would probably still be on the air, or we'd at least still be praising how awesome that one season was. Because they sure as fuck had no idea what to do with most of those characters after that.

I think the flying in Greatest American Hero looked more natural and convincing than Heroes.

Akeema

Trakanon Raider
If S1 had ended with Peter exploding the show would probably still be on the air, or we'd at least still be praising how awesome that one season was. Because they sure as fuck had no idea what to do with most of those characters after that.

I think the flying in Greatest American Hero looked more natural and convincing than Heroes.
IIRC it did end with Peter exploding. He just exploded in the atmosphere, not wiping out New York.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Leading to the S2 showdown where Peter and Sylar fight behind a closed door with flashy lights showing through the cracks!

Probably the greatest "Fuck this show" moment ever.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That whole carnival season was such a slow build up for absolutely no payoff. Did anybody give the slightest shit about that story arc? Sylar going back and forth from evil to good also hit a Metal Gear Solid 2 level of "I don't know wtf is happening and I really don't a shit anymore"

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I really liked the carnival arc until it went completely off the rails. The guy running was probably one of my top 5 favorite characters in the series.....until again, they fucked it all up.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database