Heroes Reborn

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It doesn't seem like 13 episodes would be able to satisfy one's love for superheroes. I'd love a full series as long as it didn't become ridiculously convoluted and stupid. I can't even remember what happened after the second season.
13 episodes is perfect. Doesn't give them long enough to get tedious.

The last episode of Heroes I remember watching was Peter in Ireland(I think) with amnesia and going through a bunch of shit to gain some bitch's trust so she'd give him a box that would help him remember stuff. At the end after she gave it to him he was so in love that he just threw it in a fire instead. I think.

I got the fuck out of dodge quick there. But I'm still excited for the idea of a 13 episode arc. If it works maybe they'll do something like American Horror Story where it's a different mini-series every season.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't remember what season I stopped watching this, but I stopped because of something Kring said in an interview in TV Guide or somewhere similar. It was in response to a question about the inconsistencies and plot holes that kept popping up, and his response was basically along the lines of "lol it's a TV show people should ignore that stuff!"

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did Peter ever get his random innocent irish girlfriend back from hell future? I seem to remember that he just forgot about her. I stopped watching soon after because FoH taught me how awful it was.

Goatface

the plan was to have brought her back in latter part of the season, but the strike pushed that. they felt it was best just to forget about her.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
13 episodes is perfect. Doesn't give them long enough to get tedious.
I don't think it was ever a problem of tedium, but that it was blatant how much they were just winging it as they went along. In a way, the show was a victim of its own success. It was a big hit for NBC, and therefore NBC was unwilling to do anything to risk losing that. So, instead of having different characters every season, the writers were stuck with characters they just really didn't know what to do with, which is why we got Sylar going on a roadtrip and Hiro's amnesia. Even with their idea to have 12 episode "books", they just rapidly changed storylines, abandoned others, and just went all over the place.

NBC needs to stick to the 13 episodes and not do one of these "Well, it might be a miniseries, but if it's successful, we'll keep it going!" If they want something akin to the first season, they need to be able to tell a complete story. If the show is a hit, then go with the original plan of telling a new story each season with new characters. But, NBC being NBC, I wouldn't be surprised for them to do the exact same thing and be afraid of making big changes within the show, particularly since they are far more desperate for hits than they were eight years ago.

Did the original series have any sort of conclusion? I stopped watching somewhere in season 2.
If I recall, the show ended with Claire revealing to the world that heroes exist, which actually wouldn't be a bad point for them to pick up from.

Goatface

rrr_img_61087.jpg

khalid

Unelected Mod
I don't think any show has ever gone from being as good as Heroes was in s1 to complete and utter drek in s2. Homeland had a huge dropoff from s1 to s2, but at least s2 was more than watchable. s2 heroes and on was absolutely horrible television.

I just don't see why we should trust that the writers can do better with the story. They already showed they could only handle one season.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Unless I'm forgetting something s2 of Prison Break was a pretty big fall from s1. And then kind of picked back up in s3 with that mexican prison.

Goatface

i don't think anyone remembers the 4th season was surprised to see the last season still had over 4m viewers.