Heroes Reborn

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Im not sure Firefly ever aired in France given it was prematurely canceled (by Fox not NBC though).

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Yeah, Heard a lot about it but never seen it ! And even if they would air it on tv in france it would be dubbed so no way I would watch it, but it should be pretty easy to get anyway if I wanted to...

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Should you have time at your hands, you know besides working your country out of the Euro crisis (Merkel is sending the bill as i write this / jk) you should catch the 13 or what episodes of Firefly and the 2 h movie Serenity to feed your inner nerd and to catch up on post millenium pop culture.
I also watched 2 seasons of Dollhouse afterwards, but only cause i dig everything with Summer Glau in it.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Don't waste your time with Firefly. It is one of the most overrated shows in history. It wasn't prematurely cancelled, it was shit canned because it was bad and the ratings blew. Nathan Fillion (the guy in the picture) has moved on to something MUCH better with Castle. Which is a show actually worth watching.

Come at me nerds!
tongue.png

faille

Molten Core Raider
Don't waste your time with Firefly. It is one of the most overrated shows in history. It wasn't prematurely cancelled, it was shit canned because it was bad and the ratings blew. Nathan Fillion (the guy in the picture) has moved on to something MUCH better with Castle. Which is a show actually worth watching.

Come at me nerds!
tongue.png
No need. It looks like you're already been beaten senseless!

iannis

Musty Nester
I thought firefly was pretty decent, but not like it was the one true cult sci-fi show or anything.

It probably is over rated, but that's only because it would have to suck my dick and pay my bills to be as good as the backlash against its cancellation would have you believe. But it's still worth watching.

Especially because it's short!

Goatface

i only made it 3-4 shows into it original run before giving up, maybe it was the skipping of shows or what but it lost me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Her character was so problematic for the show anyway. I would be a lot happier if they would just do 1 season and do basically all new heroes.

spronk

FPS noob
i only watched season 1 (and liked it), i wonder if I will follow whats going on or be lost

also the dude who played Hiro (?) is on hawaii 5-0 for the last few seasons, he was my favorite guy

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Having Bennet and Chuck play to agents for whatever group chasing down different mutants every season and getting into hijinks would be cool. You could tie it all together by having them essentially race to get these mutants against some unknown corp. or rich guy.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The show only worked when it origin story of the week anyway. Once people had their powers, the manatees just floated around in their tank shitting out turds that floated to the bottom and formed words.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So I guess bringing this show back is NBC's attempt to cash in on the current popularity of super heroes in TV and movies. Heroes season 1 came out in 2006, which was 2 years before Iron Man (2008) really launched the barrage of quality super hero movies and TV that we've had for the past few years. I imagine the suits at NBC are hoping people will bite on this like they've done for Arrow, Flash, Agents of Shield, and the countless super hero movies that have been released since Iron Man.

Unfortunately, I don't think they realize that the reason Heroes sucked wasn't because it was ahead of its time; it had shitty writing full of massive plot and logic holes. If they're bringing back the same writers (and it sounds like they are) it's going to run into the same problems. I definitely agree they need to take a different approach this time. It's already been discussed in this thread, but I like bringing back (and sticking to!) their original plan of American Horror Story-esque self-contained seasons.

I'll almost certainly give this a few episodes but I'll drop it quickly if it starts off shitty or seems like it's too similar to its original run.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Season 1 was really good but then they couldn't come up with a great villain, so they resurrected Syllar.
And of course the writing went to shit and gave up at the beginning of season 2

Djay

Trakanon Raider
i only watched season 1
There was only 1 season. Never understood how a show that great could be canceled after 1 season, but I guess it's better than trying to use those same characters in more and more convoluted stories.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What a great mini-series that was though. All of that, and the city blows up anyway.

EDIT: I'm trying to remember how that retardation played out.. he flies Peter like a few hundred feet away and survived the nuke because..... ? And what did keeping Sylar from slicing up Claire and becoming super overpowered LIKE PETER actually accomplish?