Heroes Reborn

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I figured it was a control issue when he was an infant. Didn't peter accidentally steal some powers before he learned to control it, or did he take powers every time he physically touched an evo? I also can't recall if peter stole the powers or mimicked them, but I'm pretty sure he mimicked them. So that's different too.

I don't like that Hiro has apparently died. I'm still holding out hope that nathan has a way to give his powers back.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I figured it was a control issue when he was an infant. Didn't peter accidentally steal some powers before he learned to control it, or did he take powers every time he physically touched an evo? I also can't recall if peter stole the powers or mimicked them, but I'm pretty sure he mimicked them. So that's different too.

I don't like that Hiro has apparently died. I'm still holding out hope that nathan has a way to give his powers back.
Peter Mimicked, his father stole powers.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Peter Mimicked, his father stole powers.
Angela's husband stole powers? I don't remember him, who was he? Did he give them back?

We don't know who got to bone the cheerleader, do we?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Angela's husband stole powers? I don't remember him, who was he? Did he give them back?

We don't know who got to bone the cheerleader, do we?
He was dead but actually bed ridden for like 2 seasons, while this was happening Hiro met his Hero Takezo Kensei (back in time) who was actually some white guy living in Japan who didn't age and was immortal(cell regen?). Then like they bring Kensei in a box to the bed ridden father, he touches Takezo and is back to being in good health, and somehow meets Peter and steals all his powers that he's been collecting.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Claire is a Petrelli by blood.

Claire Bennet was a college student and former cheerleader, adopted by Noah Bennet and his wife, and was the biological (and illegitimate) daughter of Nathan Petrelli and Meredith Gordon and niece of Peter Petrelli and Flint Gordon.

Ganthorn

N00b
heard it's cancelled.
Supposedly not cancelled but was only supposed to be a closed ended miniseries. They were calling it an event etc since the beginning. With that said we know if it had crazy ridiculous ratings they would have figured out a way to keep it going.

Cybsled

Limited series/mini-series today is usually code for "we'll buy more if this nets us good ratings". The reboot ratings kinda fell off a pier, so I imagine NBC will let it conclude and be done with it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I read a couple of plot summaries to catch up from where I stopped watching and holy convoluted shit. Sounds like it went from terrible to terribler to terriblest.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It started out better then the last few seasons ofheroes, but still not as good as the first ones. I would have been fine with that, but somewhere along the line it got a little muddled. I really think Tim Kring just accidentally made a good show to begin with, and he's confused the reasons WHY people liked it. Sorta like George Lucas when it comes to directing Star Wars..

I don't mind if this just ends, but I hope they give us a sufficient ending and not a fucking cliffhanger.

Ganthorn

N00b
I was really hoping with Hiro not being a main character they would dump the time travel stuff because it just makes everything convoluted. The only way the time travel stuff wouldn't be bad is if they went back/forward in time and stayed there for most of the series.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i don't even know where i left off during thanksgiving break, i don't think i care and find a summary instead.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Limited series/mini-series today is usually code for "we'll buy more if this nets us good ratings". The reboot ratings kinda fell off a pier, so I imagine NBC will let it conclude and be done with it.
Thursday's probably the most competitive night on network television. There's no way NBC put something on that night without some hope they'd find a rating's hit they could continue. I would bet anything that the actors on the show had to sign multi-year contracts. They might've had time to edit the finale, but if not, I'm anticipating there being some sort of thread left-open that they could've launched another season off of (maybe something to do with who fathered the Wonder Twins since that's never been addressed). Saying it's an "event series" just lets them avoid looking like bringing the show back was a failure.

It started out better then the last few seasons ofheroes, but still not as good as the first ones. I would have been fine with that, but somewhere along the line it got a little muddled. I really think Tim Kring just accidentally made a good show to begin with, and he's confused the reasons WHY people liked it. Sorta like George Lucas when it comes to directing Star Wars..
I'll really never understand why NBC brought it back and then handed it to the guy who ran it into the ground in the first place. That's like giving the keys back to the guy who crashed your car - repeatedly. My best guess is that, after their "Let'smake it 1997through magic or science" strategy didn't pan out they said, "You know, 2006 wasn'tthatbad of a year..."

As far as the quality of the first season goes, I've often wondered what the first season would've looked like if Bryan Fuller wasn't in the writers' room.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I was really surprised to see his name attached to this reboot. I remember reading some articles about the originalHeroes, supposedly from other writers on the show about how he kept trying to push it into the General Hospital style of drama, and how he was mainly the reason it got so shitty over time. I've since assumed there was someone like this Bryan Fuller you mentioned that was the true reason the first season was so great, but Kring is too much of an selfish prick to ever admit it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I was really surprised to see his name attached to this reboot. I remember reading some articles about the originalHeroes, supposedly from other writers on the show about how he kept trying to push it into the General Hospital style of drama, and how he was mainly the reason it got so shitty over time. I've since assumed there was someone like this Bryan Fuller you mentioned that was the true reason the first season was so great, but Kring is too much of an selfish prick to ever admit it.
It's debatable, but there's significant correlation between when Fuller left and when it started to go to shit.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea ok.. so clearly the writers/producers of the show had intended it to be an ongoing series, based on how they ended it. If it's cancelled, I'm so pissed off that they left a cliffhanger into another storyline. Just wrap it up, ffs.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
It is on the cancelled list. Following the long tradition of theHeroesfranchise.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm anticipating there being some sort of thread left-open that they could've launched another season off of (maybe something to do with who fathered the Wonder Twins since that's never been addressed).
Called it.

Also, that entire episode was so nonsensical - Chuck absorbing a solar flare, Tommy being able to be in two places at once andshareMalina's power despite being a power stealer (although he's been around several other Evos...), Phoebe suddenly becoming Venom, never really even explaining what the hell Malina's powers were. The whole Luchador subplot ultimately had nothing to do with anything.

Someone should leave Tim Kring in an alternate timeline.

Cybsled

Did this show indirectly indicate that they don't believe in "multi-verse" time theory and as such, that Irish girl that Peter brought to the bad future in the original show died when that future no longer happened?

lol