Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some huge AI bugs but I don't think they are specific to Arena.

Is there a writeup somewhere on how the rewards scale and how the enemies all work? I made it through the first tier without a loss and it gave me a bonus piece of equipment. I stopped after that but it looks like I can now skip ahead to the second tier.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Very limited information at the moment but as time goes by, I am sure that the players will work up the figures. It apparently is generally accepted that when you can, skip the 1st tier as the rewards are very low in comparison to the following tiers.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My biggest problem with this game is STILL that the cards are just unfuckingreadable without zooming in even when they have something stupid like "1: exhaust card to deal 1 damage." and the is billions of pixels of blank space, it's still 1 pt font. It's keeping me from getting into the game because it's exhausting (pun partially intended) to right click every card all the time. I'm tapped out. (zing)

velk

Trakanon Raider
I stopped playing this because Cryptozoic has no idea how to balance card power in constructed.
That's an unusual opinion. What makes you think that ? The winners of the cash tournaments are pretty diverse, which is usually pretty good evidence that is not the case.

Raign

Golden Squire
That's an unusual opinion. What makes you think that ? The winners of the cash tournaments are pretty diverse, which is usually pretty good evidence that is not the case.
Agreed. What makes you think that Vitality? Unless you mean how powerful some of the unique/lengendaries are, which I would agree with. I doubt we will see to many constructed winning decks that aren't stacked with rares/legendaries, but that is pretty much par for the course in these types of games.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I tried out the arena a bit, but it feels like an uphill battle as a purely free player. The starter deck I was given is god awful (orc deck with like every unit having 1 health). I was able to get to 4 wins in arena with the deck, which gave me like 300 or something gold. That was enough for about 3/4 of a common card on the auction house.

I know the arena is only step 1 of their PvE experience, but I feel like the rewards need to be tweaked some.

Raign

Golden Squire
I tried out the arena a bit, but it feels like an uphill battle as a purely free player. The starter deck I was given is god awful (orc deck with like every unit having 1 health). I was able to get to 4 wins in arena with the deck, which gave me like 300 or something gold. That was enough for about 3/4 of a common card on the auction house.

I know the arena is only step 1 of their PvE experience, but I feel like the rewards need to be tweaked some.
If you (or anyone else here for that matter) wants, just PM me your Hex character name and I will mail you some of the dupes I am too lazy to AH.

velk

Trakanon Raider

1 more win gets you a chest with much better stuff ( equipment, cards, etc ), like wow etc it's the bosses that matter not the trash heh.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you go to the forums there are deck design discussions that show artifact decks that "can" 20-0 the arena with very little cost. Please realize that luck plays a big factor in that 20-0 win even with expensive decks. My Blood/Saph deck would be quite expensive and yet I still have not 20-0ed with it. The diversity in boss/deck types along with no capability to side board can make it interesting.

Raign

Golden Squire
Really enjoying the arena as well. Still have yet to get any equipment I actually use in my deck despite beating the final boss a couple times, but I don't care because it is actually pretty fun and changes a lot from run to run. They really did a great job with it so I have some pretty high hopes for PVE in general now.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoying the arena as well. Still have yet to get any equipment I actually use in my deck despite beating the final boss a couple times, but I don't care because it is actually pretty fun and changes a lot from run to run. They really did a great job with it so I have some pretty high hopes for PVE in general now.
I'm liking the new equipment being a spur to design new decks to take advantage of it. I got a gloves that give wild root dancers double resource plays, and that inspired me to dust off a wild ramp deck. It's good fun to be in a bad position and then have eye of creation spew a bunch of unstoppable creatures across the board ;p.

Best part of arena is that every single opponent doesn't play super focused decks so you can have fun with stuff that's not even remotely competitive in PVP constructed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
HS has plenty of tournaments, although most of them are shitty invitationals with the same 8players over and over with few variations, so it'd not the most interesting scene. They also had an official Blizzcon tournament last year(I think it was last year?) based on people qualifying via the ingame ladder several times and then a qualifying tournament for the final event and stuff. They even have a spectator mode now, which is still kinda buggy but it's something, so overall they're not too bad on the competitive scene. Obviously, competitive HS involves a lot of random shit so people win or lose depending on pure RNG pretty fucking often, which makes it sometimes kinda boring to watch, that and a lot of stagnant meta.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
For the love of Jeebus someone please tell them to make most card text passably readable at 1920x1080 without having to zoom in.

I guess you take for granted playing MTG in person '1/1 snake' just saved me picking up and inspecting the mother trucker.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This is how they begin to crush Hearthstone and Magic.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-100000-tournament/

Considering that you can play for free now and begin to build a competitive deck, it will be interesting too see if this announcement really starts to draw in new players.

Does Hearthstone even offer money tournaments?
Are they paying you for the widespread shilling in these forums? Considering the extent that MtG is played and it's continued popularity...your statement seems extremely ignorant. I'm not saying this isn't a good first step towards corralling a significant market, but dominance sounds a bit laughable at this point.

Just started Grinding the Arena, ran into the guy who does -1 on all non flight characters then rapes you with free 1/1 flight creatures >.<

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah if he gets down those flyers fast it can be a serious problem. I got my perfect run yesterday with a relatively cheap deck to make.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reinstalled to try out the Arena. Pretty fun. Grabbed some of the new Dwarf cards from set 2, and jesus is it like playing Affinity. Random explosive opening hands where your opponent just dies turn 3. All it needs is a Skullclamp.