Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
$100k Tournament has been decently fun to watch. Go go Spiders and AzureCannon.

Also, Srimxl Dawn expansion spoilers are looking good. Although they've gone even further down the "Mythics are just pushed cards" rout.

velk

Trakanon Raider
How much of a dollar investment does it take to be competitive in Hex >?
In pve ? Nothing.

For draft pvp ? The cost of the draft ( $1 + 3 packs which you effectively keep )

For constructed pvp ? Cheapest one I have seen with any success is about $24. It has the general open market problem of supply and demand though - when someone has good success with a cheap deck, that makes it more expensive as other people imitate them.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And you can basically forget about playing any deck with Blood in it unless you're willing to drop $250+ on pixels.

Really wish my kickstarter rewards had included Angels and Kings instead of 10 non-AA Pack Raptors...

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
After a 9 month wait, Set 4 is finally out. The Empower Mechanic is pretty nice, reminds me of rocking the Kavu Titans back in the day. Infinitrix might finally challenge Vampire King's "4-drop finisher" slot dominance, but unlikely. Glad to see B/G get a big focus on the graveyard, thought it feels like it's really missing some good graveyard-filler. We get a smaller Satyr Wayfinder.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
Oh cool, I'll go do some drafts.

For any new players, I have massive amounts of extra cards and happy to ship some your way to get you started. PM me here.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Late to the party, but I decided to try this out after seeing it on steam last weekend. I've only been messing around with the campaign on a few different characters to see how the deck types work, but it's pretty damn fun so far. Main goal atm is building one of the budget arena decks, leaning towards the blood/sapphire mill deck, seems like it would be fun to play.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
every single draft and sealed person I play against now is black/blue spider egg/mill, is that the best deck or just easiest or what?

Raign

Golden Squire
Late to the party, but I decided to try this out after seeing it on steam last weekend. I've only been messing around with the campaign on a few different characters to see how the deck types work, but it's pretty damn fun so far. Main goal atm is building one of the budget arena decks, leaning towards the blood/sapphire mill deck, seems like it would be fun to play.
It is fun, no question. But for arena you are much better off making a faster deck (budget robots come to mind) as you can grind out much faster gold with a blitz deck that way. Obviously, play what you like, that is the most important, but from an efficiency standpoint if you are looking to grind out some gold for other upgrades you are much better off with a nice fast deck than a mill type deck.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I just decided to go with the Terrormill after reading a guide by the guy who maintains the Arena Tier List, it's pretty fast/easy to farm up a lot of it via the early campaign. Definitely going to try and put together the Ethereal deck at the top of the list next though.

Raign

Golden Squire
Yeah, I just decided to go with the Terrormill after reading a guide by the guy who maintains the Arena Tier List, it's pretty fast/easy to farm up a lot of it via the early campaign. Definitely going to try and put together the Ethereal deck at the top of the list next though.
Good choice, Phenteo is probably my favorite card in the game. I still need a couple more of for a full play set of him though, so I end up having to swap in less synergistic cards when I run that deck. Price just never drops on him.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Look for the Ethereal Aggro deck running around. It is pretty damn good for a budget rush deck.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I still have my Grand King Kickstarter, played all of maybe 10 hours over the last 2 years or whatever. Loaded it back up a few months ago and was really impressed with the changes, its come a really long ay, but I just don't have the interest I used to in it. Too many other video games when I sit down to play, too many physical board games when I want to do that.

I was going to sell it to a guy in the boards (apologies for forgetting who!) for 1k at one point, but his wife shot it down. I know someone else offered 5 or 6 hundred at one point, but everything I read says 1k is a steal, so I passed. Never had the motivation to try to sell outside the board before. /lazy

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kind of in the same boat honestly. I have the Pro Tier backer level, I do log in to do the "free" draft every week, sometimes I win a pack or two, sometimes I just grab the rares and then drop because it takes so damn long to complete a draft tournament. I have a pretty huge collection and it is probably worth some $$$ but the risk of trying to sell it and get scammed it just too high to want to mess with.

I do like their single player campaign content a lot, but it is way too slow coming out.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Onoes! That was me. LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT!! Gameforge took over and, since they are German, they can only keep personal information without consent for a few months with no approval from the account owner. If you haven't logged into the account in a few months then it may have been deleted. If yours was, go onto the forums to find out how to get it back. Grand King is too good to lose like that.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Some of us still play it. Has anyone reached Cosmic in the constructed ladder yet without using Bunnyphant? I am in Platinum 4 and rising with the Starlight Winter Moon and Blood/Sapphire Control deck. I refuse to use the Bunny.

Molten Core Raider
I actually just started this last week. I'm really enjoying it but I'm waaay behind the curve when it comes to anything competitive. The main decks I use are pve stuff only and have mainly been grinding Arena for gold. I'm trying to resist the urge to drop cash on card packs but the gold grind is real.

Mikey

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have not had the time to really push, but I do still play regularly. My deck of choice is on no one's hot list because I find that boring and would just rather stay in the lower ranks than copy anything.