Highlander

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why would he be black when he had two children who were whiter than snow?
i guess people werent really thinking it through. their dad had a black voice and so maybe they had a black dad. some people also dont know how genetics work, they think you can have a black dad and white mom and still totally look white. ive never seen that to be the case. mixed kids always look mixed.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Yep. One of the few reasons I could tolerate still watching Supergirl for a bit after it went super-woke. She has that particular Irish look that just does it for me.

Edit: Like the girl who plays Nina in Shadow and bone.

View attachment 356272
Speaking of Irish beauties, dont know what it is about this woman that just does it for me but god damn if I wouldnt hurt myself trying to please her.

Irish.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So just re-watched the first 3 movies last night and today wile working. 1st one kinda had that Terminator 3 sort of vibe, cool music, fight scenes sucked ass. But for a 80s movie not bad. 2nd one sucked, and so far 3rd one sucks too, lol.

I remember watching these (other than 3) as a kid/teenager and they sure didnt age well lol.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
First off... I didn't even know there was a third one. Looks like I'm better off that way.

This is one of those rare instances where I think a reboot/remake could improve the franchise since if they go three movies with it there's almost no way they screw up the story as much as the second in the original series did.

Of course, I also hold this film in high regard because well.. it hit right in the middle of my high school days and played HUGE with the nerd set I was running with at the time. I also still remember wondering how the hell a cop would know about how many folds of steel was normal for a sword and why that made a difference.....

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There was more than 3. I had to rent #3 (1 and 2 were free with prime) on amazon today and it was pretty meh, but there are more. I think I saw Highlander Endgame was the next, I probably saw this in the past, but judging this series on #2 and #3 I could not bother tho waste the $3 on renting and 2 hours of my life watching it, lol. Like I said aside the shitty fight sequences #1 had a charm to it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There was more than 3. I had to rent #3 (1 and 2 were free with prime) on amazon today and it was pretty meh, but there are more. I think I saw Highlander Endgame was the next, I probably saw this in the past, but judging this series on #2 and #3 I could not bother tho waste the $3 on renting and 2 hours of my life watching it, lol. Like I said aside the shitty fight sequences #1 had a charm to it.
western films up until that time did not have intricately coreographed fight scenes. most fight scenes in movies mostly consisted of bar/saloon brawls. sword fights were just 2 blokes slamming them together and making noises. check out the fights in the original Star Wars or Conan. it took people like Jean Claude and Steven Seagal to move the needle. the Shaw Brothers films were almost unheard of in the US. i watched those films every sunday afternoon on Channel 5. but those were considered kids films even though they were way ahead of the curve. Highlander, even though it was supposed to be a fighting film, was mostly about the 3 characters, Mcleoud Kurgan and Ramirez. they all chewed up every scene as best they could and it was glorious. really the only one who should have been a complete badass was Ramirez. Connor was more or less a lucky fool and Kurgan just bruteforced everything. though i gotta give him fucking props when he fought that african dude. he did that back turn head decap . it was my favorite scene of the movie.

-edit,

i lied, every scene with The Kurgan was my favorite scene of the movie. Clancy Brown will always be one of my favorite actors due to Highlander.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's been talked about in this thread already, but endgame (#4) transitioned from Conner to Duncan as the main protagonist. By this time the show had garnered a pretty strong following and the movies weren't really doing well. Unfortunately endgame didn't do that well either and that was basically it. Syfy made for tv movie "the source" has simply been referred to as a bad fever dream by everyone involved.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only real problem I have with 3 is that after 2 was so terrible they got super gun-shy and risk averse. So it's basically just the first movie again, except without the originality, mid-80s grit, and peerless soundtrack.

Sterling

El Presidente
2 is so horrendously bad that it and Catwoman are the 2 movies I always bring up when people say some movie is the worst. That sort of hyperbole needs to be addressed, and bringing up Highlander 2 is a good way of doing that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
2 is so horrendously bad that it and Catwoman are the 2 movies I always bring up when people say some movie is the worst. That sort of hyperbole needs to be addressed, and bringing up Highlander 2 is a good way of doing that.
i still think the last wonder woman film deserves to be in that list. it even has a cat lady.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i still think the last wonder woman film deserves to be in that list. it even has a cat lady.
WW1984 isn't even close to making that list. Maybe you need to go watch Catwoman or Highlander 2 again.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
WW1984 is certainly a turd of a movie. But saying it's Catwoman or Highlander 2 bad is the movie equivalent of people that think Alabama could beat an NFL team. Gal Gadot was at least occasionally charming, particularly when interacting with Chris Pine. Some of the Amazon stuff was kind of cool for a moment. Highlander 2 has essentially no redeeming qualities.

There are some very bad movies that on a technical level maybe could make that list like Battlefield Earth, Showgirls, and The Room. However, those movies have a population of people that enjoy them ironically or at least in a guilty pleasure sort of way which I'm not sure you can say about the 2 I mentioned.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
WW1984 is certainly a turd of a movie. But saying it's Catwoman or Highlander 2 bad is the movie equivalent of people that think Alabama could beat an NFL team. Gal Gadot was at least occasionally charming, particularly when interacting with Chris Pine. Some of the Amazon stuff was kind of cool for a moment. Highlander 2 has essentially no redeeming qualities.

There are some very bad movies that on a technical level maybe could make that list like Battlefield Earth, Showgirls, and The Room. However, those movies have a population of people that enjoy them ironically or at least in a guilty pleasure sort of way which I'm not sure you can say about the 2 I mentioned.
i think i like Gal Gadot as much as i like Halle Berry, both played DC characters. both had female villains to face off with. both had stupid love interests. both had terrible CGI and terrible story arcs. wonder woman was an hour longer than it should have been. there is only one scene i enjoyed in WW84. when the cat lady shreds her golden costume, the pov was pretty cool. that wasnt enough though. not when you have scenes of her swinging on lightning bolts. it ranks with Catwoman

-edit
its also not even canon with Batman v Superman or Justice league.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Did you see Highlander: The Source? It leaves Highlander 2 in the absolute dust. However, way less people know it exists than Highlander 2, so I suppose H2 is still the go-to movie to bring up.

WW1984 isn't even close to making that list. Maybe you need to go watch Catwoman or Highlander 2 again.

WW84 is pretty terrible, but I agree that it isn't as low on the tiers as those movies. It's the only superhero movie I've ever watched and not finished. I saw about half of it and was gonna get back to it later, then just never did. I'm someone who finishes almost everything I start, so that's pretty bad.

In other news...

RAJAAH'S CONTROVERSIAL HIGHLANDER TIER LIST:
S: HTS Season 5, HTS Season 3
A: Highlander 1, HTS Season 4
B: Highlander 3, HTS Season 2, Highlander: Endgame
C: HTS Season 1
D: HTS Season 6, The Raven
F: Highlander 2

Z: The Source

Edit: Fixed it OneofOne OneofOne

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'd bump S6 up one - it wasn't ALL bad. Same with The Raven. However, The Source has to go down 5-6 more notches.

• 1Like